JJ Red Card Revoked

wykikitoon

The FA have changed it to a yellow card, surley some action has to be taken to Bennet!

The Football Association can confirm that Jermaine Jenas's dismissal during the Arsenal v Newcastle United match on Sunday, 14 August has been reduced to a caution.

Having reviewed a video of the incident, match referee Steve Bennett requested that the red card be downgraded to a yellow card.

In accordance with FA rules, the matter was considered by a Disciplinary Commission which confirmed the decision.

Jenas will therefore not serve any suspension

From FA Webby

The FA have changed it to a yellow card, surley some action has to be taken to Bennet!

The Football Association can confirm that Jermaine Jenas's dismissal during the Arsenal v Newcastle United match on Sunday, 14 August has been reduced to a caution.

Having reviewed a video of the incident, match referee Steve Bennett requested that the red card be downgraded to a yellow card.

In accordance with FA rules, the matter was considered by a Disciplinary Commission which confirmed the decision.

From FA Webby

12307[/snapback]

fucking typical, glad he's done it but you wonder what result we'd have got if only got yellow yesterday....and the boost it would have given the team, i thought we looked a match for them up till that

From FA Webby

12307[/snapback]

At least he had the balls to admit his mistake. Bit late though, as his inept decisions possibly cost us something from the match.

A Newcastle United statement issued to nufc.co.uk read: "Steve Bennett has been in touch via letter with manager Graeme Souness, Jermaine Jenas and the rest of the squad to apologise for his error of judgement during Sunday's game against Arsenal.

From .cock

A Newcastle United statement issued to nufc.co.uk read: "Steve Bennett has been in touch via letter with manager Graeme Souness, Jermaine Jenas and the rest of the squad to apologise for his error of judgement during Sunday's game against Arsenal.

From .cock

12311[/snapback]

I'd like to have seen him turn up in person at the training ground to apologise :D

Edited by Dick Emre

Makes the daft sods on MOTD2 last night look a tad stupid!

What was it all three of them said? "The referee got it spot on, Graeme Souness can have no complaints, 3 of the 4 refereeing decisions this weekend (Ambrose, Dickov & Jenas) were spot on"

Oh dear, who's got egg on their faces now! :D

(I wonder how much Henry's public comment that Jenas should not have been sent of weighed on the mind of Steve Bennett? - Guess that levels it up for when Alan Shearer got him out of the shit a few years back)

Edited by Craig

From .cock

12311[/snapback]

Fair play, that takes bigger balls than most people have.

Good on him for admitting his mistake. There's not many that will. Does fuck all to help us in that result but it means Jenas isn't banned - something we can't afford with our thin squad. There's a lot that would have left it as it was rather than admit they were wrong.

I general don't get as worked up as other people do about referee decisions. He made a [bad] mistake, and possibly another bad one. But does anyone seriously suggest he did it on purpose?

In all honesty, despite a great performance yesterday, we would have probably lost regardless. We need to get rid of our excuses, and concentrate on the West Ham match, where the ref will probably favour us.

Edited by Renton

He apparently apologised to the Players and Manager by letter. How manly..not. He's also failed to apologise to the fans who made the journey (and the ones that didn't) who had thier day screwed up, just as things were looking promising. That's the best I'd seen us play in ages.

Weather he could see it or not isn't really a valid argument IMO. It's not all his fault, and I know he's not superman but it's part of his job to make sure he can see, and if he cant then should be able to turn to his linesman, who had a clear view.

It's good that there'll be no ban to come out of this now, and I'm glad sense had prevailed, but I'm still pissed off at the fact it proves we should have had 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes yesterday. I seriously think we should have come away with something yesterday.

Good on him for admitting his mistake.  There's not many that will.  Does fuck all to help us in that result but it means Jenas isn't banned - something we can't afford with our thin squad.  There's a lot that would have left it as it was rather than admit they were wrong.

12327[/snapback]

Could argue its just made him more saleable as he doesn't have a ban on his shoulders now! :D

I'm glad he's had the balls to admit his mistake but it does add insult to injury for me, if it had just been a yellow on the day who knows what we could have got from the game it just makes it seem even more hard to accept, as for those cocks on MOTD 2 they are just a band of sanctimonious twats.

I general don't get as worked up as other people do about referee decisions. He made a [bad] mistake, and possibly another bad one. But does anyone seriously suggest he did it on purpose?

In all honesty, despite a great performance yesterday, we would have probably lost regardless. We need to get rid of our excuses, and concentrate on the West Ham match, where the ref will probably favour us.

12349[/snapback]

You obviously didn't watch the match. Newcastle were matching arsenal all the way, if not better, until that baldy nonce decided to makle his rash decision on an incident he didn't even see. If he had consulted his linesman instead of reaching into his pocket as quick as he reaches into his bag of sweeties outside the school gate then he mightn't have fucked the whole game.

The mans a simpleton it's plain to see and if justice is done he'll be refereeing in the championship for the rest of the season. Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same pric who refereed the Boro game last season and failed to spot the crying dutchmans hand ball which cost us another 2 points.

The birch would be to good for this baldy bastard.

How is the ref going to favour us for the west ham game? Do you know something we dont or is it just more of your drivell.

Why don't you do us a favour and wipe that brown stuff off your chin

:D

I thought we cancelled Arsenal out pretty effectively, even after the red card. However, I could always see them nicking a goal whereas we just didn't carry a goal threat, even before the sending off.

Crdiet to him for admitting to making a mistake, but it still feels like too little too late.

12436[/snapback]

I see you're back to your old ways of condensing all the posts previously made in the thread into one sentence. :D

Crdiet to him for admitting to making a mistake, but it still feels like too little too late.

12436[/snapback]

I see you're back to your old ways of condensing all the posts previously made in the thread into one sentence. :angry:

12438[/snapback]

12436[/snapback]

I see you're back to your old ways of condensing all the posts previously made in the thread into one sentence. :angry:

12438[/snapback]

I see you're back to your condescending best :angry:

Hopefully the sense of injustice might help us get fired up for the West Ham game.

We showed a lot more resiliance a passion than I thought the players had before the game which give me some hope for the season. But as others have said we still never threatend their goal (mind you we have had games like that there is past season when our squad did have a reasonable goal threat) and we will need to add something in attack if we are going to do anything but struggle this seaon. Relegation does seem a more distant threat today despite us being second bottom :D

12349[/snapback]

You obviously didn't watch the match. Newcastle were matching arsenal all the way, if not better, until that baldy nonce decided to makle his rash decision on an incident he didn't even see. If he had consulted his linesman instead of reaching into his pocket as quick as he reaches into his bag of sweeties outside the school gate then he mightn't have fucked the whole game.

The mans a simpleton it's plain to see and if justice is done he'll be refereeing in the championship for the rest of the season. Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same pric who refereed the Boro game last season and failed to spot the crying dutchmans hand ball which cost us another 2 points.

The birch would be to good for this baldy bastard.

How is the ref going to favour us for the west ham game? Do you know something we dont or is it just more of your drivell.

Why don't you do us a favour and wipe that brown stuff off your chin

12420[/snapback]

I agreed the ref made at least two bad mistakes, all I said was we should get on with it and over it. Newcastle are regarded as a big club, and sometimes we get the rub of the green against smaller clubs, especially at home games (eg West Ham). You're probably too blinkered to see that.

I've also said at least once on here that we deserved something from the match, probably not 3 points mind as we never really looked like scoring, even with 11 men.

No idea what you mean by your last comment, or how that can relate to my first post. Cheers mate. :angry: