England are c*nts

Asprilla

sven's fault = shite tactics/decisions

155387[/snapback]

Yer joking........aren't ye?

D'ye think his tactics/decisions were to have Rooney sent off and Lampard, Gerrard, and Carrager, to miss penalties.

Despite Rooney's sending off the game was there to be won on the penalty shoot-out, d'ye think Sven had anything to do with 3 missed penalties?

155387[/snapback]

D'ye think his tactics/decisions were to have Rooney sent off and Lampard, Gerrard, and Carrager, to miss penalties.

Despite Rooney's sending off the game was there to be won on the penalty shoot-out, d'ye think Sven had anything to do with 3 missed penalties?

155409[/snapback]

What about playing our best player out of position? the refusal to drop an ageing has been on the right-wing who he has an unhealthy relationship with? the refusal to drop one of his 'star' centre midfielders in the hope of picking a better 'team'

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

What about playing our best player out of position? the refusal to drop an ageing has been on the right-wing who he has an unhealthy relationship with? the refusal to drop one of his 'star' centre midfielders in the hope of picking a better 'team'

155410[/snapback]

Don't forget his selection policy.

To say that the blame doesn't lie mainly at the feet of Eriksson is about as short sighted as you can get really.

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

155410[/snapback]

Don't forget his selection policy.

To say that the blame doesn't lie mainly at the feet of Eriksson is about as short sighted as you can get really.

155411[/snapback]

I wouldn't presume to say the main fault didn't lie at Sven's feet, ......it did, ......but the bottom line lay at the penalty-takers feet and Lampard, Gerrard, and Carrager blew it BIG TIME as did Waddle, Pearce, Southgate, Beckham, did before them.

Players failure to score on 3 penalty kicks put us out of the World Cup, ..not Sven's stupidity.

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

So a shit world cup squad selection, shit team selections, shit tactics, shit formation, shit substitutions, had nothing to to do with Sven Goran Eriksson ?

Yeah right.

I think it also had a lot to do with McClaren but lets look on the bright side at least we have a new manager...

Svens got to take part of the blame but you cant mae him a complete scapegoat and forget the players role in it all either. We just arent good enough.. basic technique, maintaining possesion.. ego's not wanting to do the work but wanting to grab the headlines.. these arent Svens fault

I think it also had a lot to do with McClaren but lets look on the bright side at least we have a new manager...

Svens got to take part of the blame but you cant mae him a complete scapegoat and forget the players role in it all either. We just arent good enough.. basic technique, maintaining possesion.. ego's not wanting to do the work but wanting to grab the headlines.. these arent Svens fault

155421[/snapback]

Agreed, no one is without blame, from the top to the bottom we weren't good enough.

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

So a shit world cup squad selection, shit team selections, shit tactics, shit formation, shit substitutions, had nothing to to do with Sven Goran Eriksson ?

Yeah right.

155419[/snapback]

C'mon man, everything you say had everything to do with stupid Sven but when the final whistle blew and the score was nowts each the final result lay with the penalty takers, not Sven or Scolari.

They missed 2, ...........we missed 3, .......end of a dream, ......end of of a story.

155409[/snapback]

Yes, Eriksson was directly to blame for Rooney being that wound up. Yes, you would have won that game comfortably under a decent manager.

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

Yeah right.

155419[/snapback]

C'mon man, everything you say had everything to do with stupid Sven but when the final whistle blew and the score was nowts each the final result lay with the penalty takers, not Sven or Scolari.

They missed 2, ...........we missed 3, .......end of a dream, ......end of of a story.

155423[/snapback]

We weren't good enough !

I'm not pushing all the blame on Sven, far from it, too many "top" players didn't produce the goods and we are out ! and deservedly so, but to say we are out purely because we missed more penaltys than Portugal is ignoring the incompetence throught the whole England set up.

Clueless manager + under performing players = plane ticket back home

Am I the only one more excited by the prospect of the Lillestrom game?

155412[/snapback]

No! I woke up this morning and apart from the dull ache in my head (which is entirely down to non-footballing factors), the pain was gone - that's the difference between England and Newcastle. :(

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

Yeah right.

155419[/snapback]

155423[/snapback]

Noelie, you're missing the point.

If we'd had a good manager who had played the best team available, the best system available and motivated the players as a top class manager should we wouldn't have needed to scrape past a footballing side who I consider lesser to our own.

Sven picked the wrong players, the wrong system and couldn't motivate the team.

Our World cup debacle lays squarely at his feet. Gerrard and Lampard under produced, but I say that's more to do with the system Sven employed than anything else.

We probably would have stumbled before the final because we would have met a fotball side better than our own, but we should not have played so poorly and that's Sven's fault.

155421[/snapback]

I heard somewhere that McClaren on several occasions gave Sven advice which he chose to ignore? :(

I heard somewhere that McClaren on several occasions gave Sven advice which he chose to ignore?  :(

155529[/snapback]

I hope that's true, it may indicate a change in direction for the National side.

There were fears that McClaren would simply perpetuate the regime after Sven had left

I heard somewhere that McClaren on several occasions gave Sven advice which he chose to ignore?  :(

155529[/snapback]

I hope that's true, it may indicate a change in direction for the National side.

There were fears that McClaren would simply perpetuate the regime after Sven had left

155534[/snapback]

Hmmm .. I'd suggest you've heard that thanks to McClarens infamous PR machine. No doubt if we'd done well we'd be hearing how much influence he had. Trust your own eyes, who is it making notes, suggestions and barking orders at the players?..it wasnt Sven.

To be fair to him though after Beckhams announcement he's obviously told Beckham that he wont be captain under him, allowing Beckham to get in there first with the press conference. So who knows, maybe Im being overly cynical.

You've got to give McClaren a chance tbh. I liken this to Newcastle when Souness left and Roeder came in - I think everyone is slightly underwhelmed, but there's also that feeling that the crazy, nonsensical, impossible-to-comprehend decisions are behind us. McClaren strikes me as a bloke that will make simple, transparent decisions and can spot when things are going wrong and make the changes to try and put them right, in the same way that Roeder has.

There's no way Sven was taking orders from McClaren and I'm sure that a) the squad would have been very different and :( the team and formation would have been very different with McClaren in charge in place of Sven. So it's wrong to try and judge McClaren on Sven's performance.

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

Yeah right.

155419[/snapback]

155423[/snapback]

If we'd had a good manager who had ..........................................

155476[/snapback]

NO, I think you're missing my point bonny lad, the game was up for grabs at the penalty shoot-out and our penalty-takers themselves let the victory slip through their fingers by missing three(3) times out of four(4) and should be held responsible for their failure in the clutch.

A 'good' manager would probably have had Gerrard and Lampard in the team too and because of their ability to score goals would have more than likely taken the penalty kicks with any manager, good or bad.

And please let me explain, I didn't like Sven from day one and my dislike grew to hatred, and as for McClaren, I think he is a piss-poor choice but I hope he proves me wrong.

155387[/snapback]

155409[/snapback]

Yeah right.

155419[/snapback]

155423[/snapback]

If we'd had a good manager who had ..........................................

155476[/snapback]

NO, I think you're missing my point bonny lad, the game was up for grabs at the penalty shoot-out and our penalty-takers themselves let the victory slip through their fingers by missing three(3) times out of four(4) and should be held responsible for their failure in the clutch.

A 'good' manager would probably have had Gerrard and Lampard in the team too and because of their ability to score goals would have more than likely taken the penalty kicks with any manager, good or bad.

And please let me explain, I didn't like Sven from day one and my dislike grew to hatred, and as for McClaren, I think he is a piss-poor choice but I hope he proves me wrong.

155565[/snapback]

STOP USING FELT TIP PENS :(