England are c*nts

Asprilla

sven's fault = shite tactics/decisions

155387[/snapback]

Yer joking........aren't ye?

D'ye think his tactics/decisions were to have Rooney sent off and Lampard, Gerrard, and Carrager, to miss penalties.

Despite Rooney's sending off the game was there to be won on the penalty shoot-out, d'ye think Sven had anything to do with 3 missed penalties?

155409[/snapback]

So a shit world cup squad selection, shit team selections, shit tactics, shit formation, shit substitutions, had nothing to to do with Sven Goran Eriksson ?

Yeah right.

155419[/snapback]

C'mon man, everything you say had everything to do with stupid Sven but when the final whistle blew and the score was nowts each the final result lay with the penalty takers, not Sven or Scolari.

They missed 2, ...........we missed 3, .......end of a dream, ......end of of a story.

155423[/snapback]

Noelie, you're missing the point.

If we'd had a good manager who had ..........................................

155476[/snapback]

NO, I think you're missing my point bonny lad, the game was up for grabs at the penalty shoot-out and our penalty-takers themselves let the victory slip through their fingers by missing three(3) times out of four(4) and should be held responsible for their failure in the clutch.

A 'good' manager would probably have had Gerrard and Lampard in the team too and because of their ability to score goals would have more than likely taken the penalty kicks with any manager, good or bad.

And please let me explain, I didn't like Sven from day one and my dislike grew to hatred, and as for McClaren, I think he is a piss-poor choice but I hope he proves me wrong.

155565[/snapback]

STOP USING FELT TIP PENS :(

155568[/snapback]

:)

Crayons tbh.

NO, I think you're missing my point bonny lad, the game was up for grabs at the penalty shoot-out and our penalty-takers themselves let the victory slip through their fingers by missing three(3) times out of four(4) and should be held responsible for their failure in the clutch.

A 'good' manager would probably have had Gerrard and Lampard in the team too and because of their ability to score goals would have more than likely taken the penalty kicks with any manager, good or bad.

And please let me explain, I didn't like Sven from day one and my dislike grew to hatred, and as for McClaren, I think he is a piss-poor choice but I hope he proves me wrong.

155565[/snapback]

Fucks sake Noelie I'll break it down for you s'more.

Sven picked the best players, not the best team.

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED TO SCORE PENALTIES BECAUSE WE SHOULD HAVE BEATEN THEM IN 90 MINUTES.

the game was "up for grabs" as soon as the first whistle went, if we were playing the right men in the right positions in the right formation we would have beaten a poor Portugal side.

I don't care about how they took their penalties because I know we should have beaten Portugal in 90 minutes!

I can't think of any other way to say that we should never have let it get to penalties... we're a better team than Portugal, but were let down by poor management of the men and the situation.

155565[/snapback]

Fucks sake Noelie I'll break it down for you s'more.

Sven picked the best players, not the best team.

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED TO SCORE PENALTIES BECAUSE WE SHOULD HAVE BEATEN THEM IN 90 MINUTES.

the game was "up for grabs" as soon as the first whistle went, if we were playing the right men in the right positions in the right formation we would have beaten a poor Portugal side.

I don't care about how they took their penalties because I know we should have beaten Portugal in 90 minutes!

I can't think of any other way to say that we should never have let it get to penalties... we're a better team than Portugal, but were let down by poor management of the men and the situation.

155622[/snapback]

OK, OK Mr. Fish.

1: Piss-poor manager.

2: Piss-poor tactics.

3: Piss-poor decisions.

4: Piss-poor substitutions.

5: Piss-poor team selection.

6: Piss-poor formation.

7: Piss-poor ending.

Ye 'appy noo son?

8: If it hadn't been for piss-poor penalties we'd be in the semi-final. :(

Whilst it's true that if we'd taken better penalties we'd be through, I NEVER blame the penalty-takers when we go out in a shootout. The pressure of that situation must be immense and I can completely understand the nerves getting the better of someone as they run up to take what should be a routine kick of the ball.

The fact that it's ALWAYS us that goes out on penalties is a bit of a worry. It's something that's become part of our culture - it's no longer "a penalty shootout" it's "the DREADED penalty shootout", and I really don't know what it's going to take to put it right. I'm pretty sure our players go into penalty shootouts fearing the worst and with very little belief that we can win.