Beckham steps down as England Captain

Tom_NUFC

There was an interesting moment last night, when Beckham went down. Neville indicated he should be subbed off to the bench, when he was still protesting to the bench that he wanted to stay on, They subbed him off for Lennon a couple of minutes later.

Well, I found it interesting, anyway.

Terry will get the captaincy

155461[/snapback]

I wonder if that would make him the player he is for Chelsea.

Neville might not be a bad shout, give him the manager's job, while you're at it.

As much as I hate the tosser, Gary Neville would be my choice, Terry, like too many England players had a dreadful world cup.

As much as I hate the tosser, Gary Neville would be my choice, Terry, like too many England players had a dreadful world cup.

155465[/snapback]

You seriously think that?

I think Terry has been excellent, was a rock last night.

I think the time is right and I think he did it well. Give the armband to John Terry, he's a natural leader something which was lacking from the Beckham captaincy.

155465[/snapback]

155489[/snapback]

Compared to his performances for Chelsea, he's been poor for England.

In my opinion.

155465[/snapback]

155489[/snapback]

Compared to his performances for Chelsea, he's been poor for England.

In my opinion.

155493[/snapback]

He had a good game against Portugal, but throughout the tournament he was making silly errors that could've cost us dearly.

Average overall and not the player he is at Chelsea. I was screaming at the telly in a few of the qualifying games: "FOR FUCK SAKE GET SOL ON"

Is it feasible to expect someone to take the armband from Beckham and assume control, knowing that Beckham gave it up?

I know what I'm trying to say, but can't arrange words in the right order.

basically.. isn't there going to be some kind of confusion as to who is the boss on the pitch?

Is it feasible to expect someone to take the armband from Beckham and assume control, knowing that Beckham gave it up?

I know what I'm trying to say, but can't arrange words in the right order.

basically.. isn't there going to be some kind of confusion as to who is the boss on the pitch?

155528[/snapback]

Nah, it shouldn't be a problem I don't think. On a football pitch you're all pulling for the same cause.

Emotional speech from Beckham today and I think he's a top lad. I hope he rediscovers some form for England as a result of giving up the captaincy because I think he's been class for England over the years, and has been one of the few England players that's really taken pride from all of the caps he's picked up.

Good. Today is a good day.

With Sven going it's time for a change of guard.

155480[/snapback]

I agree, but McClaren's taking over so it's same old secret handshakes and card schools I'm afraid. Except Downing will play more. Jesusweptathon.