Expectations for next season?

Bombadil

Back to the team that really matters...

What are everyone's hopes and expectations for the new season? Personally, I'm hoping for a Top 6 spot and a place in the final of the UEFA Cup. Let's face it, the UEFA Cup (provided we qualify for it) is the most winnable competition of them all and it does come with more prestige than the League Cup. Boro proved last season that getting to the final is possible (even though they depended on their opponents handing it to them on plate) and if they can do it, so can we.

As for the league, unless we start bringing in players now, it will be even more difficult than last season. We've got an easy start on paper though and if we can make the most of that, it should give us the chance to paper over the cracks (small squad, not enough quality in defence and up front).

I'd love to see a top 6 finish and a good run in the Uefa Cup providing we qualify. I'd also like to see the squad built upon, i dont want to see the same problems that we've seen for the past 2/3 seasons. Some decent solid and quality signings in positions we need will be the ideal start for me.

Depends if the club gets its arse in gear and makes some badly needed signings. If they don't, and rely on Luque, Ameobi and Owen up front, and our current defense, it'll be a very very long season.

Genuinely hoping for a clear and definite sign of change at the club.

I could suffer another 7th spot if we were making actual advances in other areas of the football club. More investment in Youth, Better coaching/training staff, improving our discipline and image off the pitch.

I'd obviously wet my knickers if we managed to stumble througha cup competition and win something, but I think that there are some big teams in the Inter-two-bob and there is no guarantee that we'll cruise through, especially with our striker shortage and dodgy back four.

12 points from the promoted sides, Drastically improve our home form, blood some youngsters and build on the good seasons of N'Zogbia, Milner and Parker.

Way too early to judge for me, need to see the ins and outs first.

155578[/snapback]

Same here, but at the moment, i would say mid table.

I have to keep reminding myself how we finished the season. We put together a decent run, WITHOUT owen. Life goes on. Minus Shearer, we have the same players we finished so strongly with plus a few more hopefully so im hoping for no less than 6th place! Maybe 5th if spurs self implode.

Funny because we finished 7th last season with the same squad (minus Shearer) despite a horrendous first half to the season. I don't see how 5th or 6th is "pie in the sky" taking into account that fact and the assumption that we WILL be making some signings.

Funny because we finished 7th last season with the same squad (minus Shearer) despite a horrendous first half to the season.  I don't see how 5th or 6th is "pie in the sky" taking into account that fact and the assumption that we WILL be making some signings.

155799[/snapback]

the teams around us are improving and as far as i'm aware we haven't got a pot to piss in - the players we have been linked with recently suggest that we won't be splashing out in the transfer market.

unless roeder can conjure of some del-boy-esque wheeling and dealing, i can see it being a long season.