Starbucks

Brock Manson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock,

Get yourself to the Juice smoothie bar in the Oracle (downstairs outside HMV), it's ice-drink tastic.!!

155753[/snapback]

I always walk past it and look, and think "is that...grass???" :(

Have you tasted shit like?

LOLOLOLOL!!!1111ONE1111!!!!

:)

Coffee tastes like shit tbh.

155959[/snapback]

Have you tasted shit like?

LOLOLOLOL!!!1111ONE1111!!!!

156007[/snapback]

Yeh I put a bit on the George Foreman for my tea. I'd recommend it, takes about 10 minutes as you have to make sure the middle is cooked thoroughly.

mate of mine told me about the time he and a few of his mates went to Blackpool for a lads weekend.

Two lads came home before the others and decided it would be a laugh to piss on the pillow of my mate so that when he came hom he'd be so drunk he wouldn't notice the smell.

This was all fine enough and when my mate realised what had happened he snuck into their room, grabbed the kettle and proceded to curl one out inside, added a little water and while the boys were fast asleep, boiled the shit filled kettle, stinking out the room, the floor ... the whole fucking B&B.

They were collared at breakfast, billed for the kettle, and the necessary defumagation and subsequently kicked out.

You can buy a jar of nescafe for less than a coffee in Starbucks. Robbing bastards tbh.

155910[/snapback]

Aye, but what about buying some coffee?

155918[/snapback]

All tastes the same to me, mate!

Just read 'Eleanor Rigby' btw Meenz (you're a fellow Douglas Coupland fan aren't you?). Class tbh.

155808[/snapback]

Big fan, aye. Really ought to get my hands on JPod.

155822[/snapback]

Aye, it's the only one I haven't read now. Well, of his fiction stuff anyway. Have you read any of his non-fiction stuff?

155830[/snapback]

Nope, I haven't either, would be curious to know if it's in the same kind of territory. Of course I could just buy and read, but that'd be too easy...

155849[/snapback]

Just started reading that last night, haven't read any of his stuff before but it seems very canny. Is it worth digging in to the rest of his back catalogue?

Just read 'Eleanor Rigby' btw Meenz (you're a fellow Douglas Coupland fan aren't you?). Class tbh.

155808[/snapback]

155822[/snapback]

Aye, it's the only one I haven't read now. Well, of his fiction stuff anyway. Have you read any of his non-fiction stuff?

155830[/snapback]

Nope, I haven't either, would be curious to know if it's in the same kind of territory. Of course I could just buy and read, but that'd be too easy...

155849[/snapback]

Just started reading that last night, haven't read any of his stuff before but it seems very canny. Is it worth digging in to the rest of his back catalogue?

156296[/snapback]

In my experience, if you like one Coupland novel you'll tend to like them all, more or less. That's not to say he's predictable, but he does have a certain style. :(

155808[/snapback]

155822[/snapback]

155830[/snapback]

155849[/snapback]

156296[/snapback]

In my experience, if you like one Coupland novel you'll tend to like them all, more or less. That's not to say he's predictable, but he does have a certain style. :(

156298[/snapback]

Cheers mate, I think I'll see how this pans out and then have a look on amazon. I've also got the Losers Club to have a crack at so might have to get down the park on the evenings and fight the charvas for some grass.

Coffee is for cunts, especially hugely overpriced coffee from places like Starbucks, Cafe Nero and Costa Coffee. Anyone who visits those establishments is a fool, anyone who sits in one is a cunt.

Coffee is for cunts, especially hugely overpriced coffee from places like Starbucks, Cafe Nero and Costa Coffee. Anyone who visits those establishments is a fool, anyone who sits in one is a cunt.

156404[/snapback]

This message was brought to you by Typhoo

typhoo80_thumb.jpg
and PG Tips
PGTips80.jpg

:(

Guest alex

156404[/snapback]

;) They're worse than Hitler and Stalin combined.

156404[/snapback]

Were you molested by a coffee shop or something? ;)

Just got back in from town, and because it's absolutely roasting outside, I nipped in for one of their frappuchinos.

And oh my goodness it was delectable! I had a banana and caramel one (yes I know, very gay but still refreshing) instead of my usual mocha.

For anyone who doesn't know, it's ice blended coffee.

But seriously, get yer arses down to any coffee shop and have one, they're heavenly and hit the spot.

;)

155521[/snapback]

You're a long way from starbucks homey

Just got back in from town, and because it's absolutely roasting outside, I nipped in for one of their frappuchinos.

And oh my goodness it was delectable! I had a banana and caramel one (yes I know, very gay but still refreshing) instead of my usual mocha.

But seriously, get yer arses down to any coffee shop and have one, they're heavenly and hit the spot.

;)

155521[/snapback]

156817[/snapback]

Hell Nah you fucked that up.

;)

155521[/snapback]

156817[/snapback]

Hell Nah you fucked that up.

156819[/snapback]

It's nice here

Coffee is for cunts

156404[/snapback]

;)

Greatest over-reaction since that bloke's rant over smoking on N-O. What are they doing to you lot over there?

Coffee is for cunts

156404[/snapback]

;)

Greatest over-reaction since that bloke's rant over smoking on N-O. What are they doing to you lot over there?

156821[/snapback]

I've never met one good person who drank coffee so logically anyone who does is a cunt. :first:

I don't mind those who have a few cups of Nescafe but its those who pay well over the odds for a cup in these coffee chains that are everywhere and those who "can't function" without a cup in the morning, I used to love a fag first thing in the morning but now that I can't why should anyone else be happy?

Edited by ewerk

I've never met one good person who drank coffee so logically anyone who does is a cunt.  :first:

I don't mind those who have a few cups of Nescafe but its those who pay well over the odds for a cup in these coffee chains that are everywhere and those who "can't function" without a cup in the morning, I used to love a fag first thing in the morning but now that I can't why should anyone else be happy?

156823[/snapback]

It's hard to argue with that kind of logic. I don't think I've ever even set foot in one of those places, which probably makes me your Messiah! ;)

Each to their own, like. I hate everyone with zeal, so it's hard to differentiate.

It's hard to argue with that kind of logic. 

And another thing, since we're talking about logic. Where does coffee come from? Hot countries. Where do hardcore drugs come from? Hot countries. How people haven't made the connection before amazes me. By drinking coffee you are funding the international drug trade, if anyone has any evidence to the contrary then I would like to see it.

And people who go to coffee chains are on a par with paedophiles and students. I imagine those establishments are actually full of "trendy" students who will spend 3 quid on a cup of coffee then claim they're broke and dirty auld bastards flicking through the kiddies pages of the Freeman's catalogue.