Hobbies.

catmag

Has anyone got any boring or embarrasing hobbies?

I was just thinking about this earlier as it's my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and my gift to them is going to be a cross-stitch sampler thing which I'm in the process of stitching with their names/anniversary date etc on and all the girls at work take the piss as I usually sit there sewing away on nights like a little old biddy.

Is anyone going to admit to collecting stamps or knitting in their spare time?

Or is it just me who sits there like an old spinster swearing when I do some stitches wrong :(

My (21 year old) friend loves knitting. She's just bought a 100 year old cottage in Norfolk and a rocking chair to complete the look. She was on about getting some hens the other week as well so I wouldn't feel too old biddyish just yet Cath.

I'm cool as fuck me like.

You all know my hobby, so I wont say it, otherwise you'll moan I never stop going on about it. :)

*bites lip*

Nope, not gonna say it. Nee way.

Ice hockey. :(

I like reading Comic books, but I don't call them Graphic Novels.

I like to collect movie posters... but I never put them on my wall.. I've only just this minute realised how fucking odd that is...

Also stand-up comedy is a hobby of mine. Watching obviously, not performing.

Hooked on blogging at the moment, been known to do the odd cross stitch from time to time... love to try out new dishes- as in create sommat good to eat, not pottery. The kitchen is usually a wreck when I'm done but so far (knock on wood) I haven't made anything inedible. Oh, and I grow orchids.... :(

When I was little I asked my mam to knit me a black and white scarf. She made me do it instead. Still have the tattered garment falling to bits somewhere. It's about a foot long. I must've strangled myself trying to wear it.

I like to collect movie posters... but I never put them on my wall.. I've only just this minute realised how fucking odd that is...

155619[/snapback]

Which posters you got?

I want Goonies B poster, big trouble in little china, warriors and a cool rocky one i saw.

Im reluctant though cos at the minute i got the following to get framed and put up

-Shearer signed shirt

-Shearer signed picture

-Personalised Bobby picture :(

-Signed Supermac picture

-Bobby Moncur signature and fairs cup final programme

-Signed spartans shirt from the 'treble' season

-1951,1952,1955 programmes and tickets and arthur ellis autograph in 1 big frame

-Entire 1978 Blyth Spartans 5th round fa cup run

-Bishop Auckland match programme and newspaper cutting (My grandad played in the match)

To get them all framed professionally though is going to cost me hundreds :)

oh i forgot, i got a jack daniels one from lynchburg TN too!

Anyway, thats one of my hobbies, collecting footie stuff. Got about 500 toon programmes since the early 60s, and plenty non-league, foreign programmes too.

2nd hobby is Arcade games. Got myself a neo geo board, a capcom board, Double dragon amongst others. My favourites are the original street fighter 2 and street fighter zero 3. Spent a fortune on the bassas!

Minor hobbies would be watching films (particularly 1980s movies) and listening to rock/punk, playing my guitar etc.

Guest alex

Apart from a bit of sport I like cooking, reading and watching films. Canny boring really. And I've started to get into gardening a bit lately. Pass the pipe and slippers tbh.

155619[/snapback]

Which posters you got?

I want Goonies B poster, big trouble in little china, warriors and a cool rocky one i saw.

155738[/snapback]

got War of the Worlds (modern and classic), Batman Begins, Highlander, Matrix, Serenity, Shrek :( , Goal, Saving Private Ryan, Battle Royale, Aliens, Attack of the 50foot woman, Star Wars Episode 1 (the one with Anakin and the Darth shadow), Godfather, Xmen 1,2,3 , Gremlins, Jaws, few more but they're in another box and I can't be bothered to go through them now.

155619[/snapback]

Which posters you got?

155738[/snapback]

got War of the Worlds (modern and classic), Batman Begins, Highlander, Matrix, Serenity, Shrek :( , Goal, Saving Private Ryan, Battle Royale, Aliens, Attack of the 50foot woman, Star Wars Episode 1 (the one with Anakin and the Darth shadow), Godfather, Xmen 1,2,3 , Gremlins, Jaws, few more but they're in another box and I can't be bothered to go through them now.

155770[/snapback]

Are these £5.99 from Woolies or original theatrical posters?

Do you go for any foreign posters? I love this website.

Well, started off with researching my family history but that developed into an interest in Local History. That would be one hobbie, though I do enjoy online gaming but dont class that as a hobby, just something that annoys the hell out of Mrs JawD.

Other than my obvious reply of 'comic books' I like to watch sport when England is playing and cheer for whoever's up against them. I also like to send dirty texts to catmag.

Highlander poster is pretty cool. Is it the old one where hes looking up with his eyes shut and arms out

155775[/snapback]

this the one you're talking about?

HIGHLP.JPG

:(

thing is, I really like the DVD cover and I'm tempted to take it to a mate who's dads got a top spec printer, knock out a poster sized version of the DVD cover.

191654.jpg

Are these £5.99 from Woolies or original theatrical posters?

Do you go for any foreign posters?  I love this website.

155778[/snapback]

not even £5.99 mate, get the old ones from a poster store in Leeds, or occasionally there's one inside Leeds University Student Union, pick up a normal sized poster for around £3, although the new films I get from the Robovideo store round the corner from my house in Leeds, all you need do is basically go into the store and Bagsy the poster, I've even got the Jarhead standalone, which isn't the best standalone, but fuck it, it's big and I like it :razz:

Really want this though. :)

267801.1020.A.jpg
Edited by Geordie Fish

bestest film poster evar!!

957.jpg

usually goes for around £400 though :lol: . Managed to get a reprint which is almost the same

also got a Japanese V for vendetta.. which is very nice.

155788[/snapback]

I've got the original Spider-Man poster - the one where you can see the Twin Towers in his eye - reckon that must be worth a few bob.

Also got:

Signed Clerks

Signed Mallrats

Signed Dogma

Signed Chasing Amy

Signed Jay & Silent Bob Strikes Back

Scream 3 - the one with just the 3 on it

I Know What You Did Last Summer - Jennifer Love Hewitt :)

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer - Jennifer Love Hewitt :razz:

The Crow

and a few others that I can't think of right now!

Whilst we're talking movies, also got replica models of Bonds BMW Z8 and Aston Martin DB5 and Vanquish.

Um... Superman press pack, Titanic Jewel of the Ocean replica picture, all the View Askew inaction figures that are available at the mo... I'll stop now before I accidently mention something that may be embarrasing :(