Hobbies.

catmag

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Anybody into paddle boarding or kayaking? :lol: 

I bought a kayak at the end of last summer.

surprisingly for me I've already had several run ins with welsh water for illegally paddling around talybont reservoir in the brecons!

was gonna take it to kerne bridge and sail down the wye to symonds yat yesterday, but got pissed in the garden instead! booked a campsite on the forest of dean/welsh border for next weekend so doing it then instead.

by then I reckon I'll be fully competent and will plan a trip to the himalayas to do some of the extreme white water rapids.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

6 months from now: not you. 

Aye. 
@Christmas Tree , please get yourself a 15’ Mad River Explorer open canoe, you’ll need pfds, paddles, dry bags and that, but that’s enough for a beginner. 

Then I’ll buy it all off you for half the price later :lol:

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My hobbies are, in no particular order

Pinball machines

Motorbikes
Arcade machines

Being sexy 

Got me curious, do you make pinball or arcade machines or just a big fan of them? 

Nowt wrong with just collecting them, just curious as I nearly went down the road of building arcade machines about 10 years but the legality of it all meant there was no money in it and I'm basically not allowed hobbies that don't at least pay for themselves anymore,  (unless you count drinking too much).

49 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Got me curious, do you make pinball or arcade machines or just a big fan of them? 

Nowt wrong with just collecting them, just curious as I nearly went down the road of building arcade machines about 10 years but the legality of it all meant there was no money in it and I'm basically not allowed hobbies that don't at least pay for themselves anymore,  (unless you count drinking too much).

Collect them, do them up, play them, sell them on

Not into building LCD'd multigame MDF cabinets. They're a dime a dozen on eBay. I prefer the originals from back in the day  :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My hobbies are, in no particular order

Pinball machines

Motorbikes
Arcade machines

Being sexy 

That’s two hobbies 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye. 
@Christmas Tree , please get yourself a 15’ Mad River Explorer open canoe, you’ll need pfds, paddles, dry bags and that, but that’s enough for a beginner. 

Then I’ll buy it all off you for half the price later :lol:

That’s beautiful. Would love to have the storage, transport, money and time to do it justice.

You’ll have to settle for a 2nd hand inflatable :lol: 

F6CA75AE-A66E-41ED-B232-62E0208FCD7E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

surprisingly for me I've already had several run ins with welsh water for illegally paddling around talybont reservoir in the brecons!

was gonna take it to kerne bridge and sail down the wye to symonds yat yesterday, but got pissed in the garden instead! booked a campsite on the forest of dean/welsh border for next weekend so doing it then instead.

by then I reckon I'll be fully competent and will plan a trip to the himalayas to do some of the extreme white water rapids.

Is there anyone you won't antagonise ?? Farmer - check, Water authorities - check, get a hang-glider and you can complete the set with air traffic control.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

"I don't care if your procession for the reincarnation of 16th Lama is centuries old, The van stays put until I've paddled this bastard kayak down that river."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

That’s beautiful. Would love to have the storage, transport, money and time to do it justice.

CT’s next “garden sofa”. :lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Is there anyone you won't antagonise ?? Farmer - check, Water authorities - check, get a hang-glider and you can complete the set with air traffic control.

:lol:

tremendous! I'm on such a roll at the minute I'd probably manage to upset them if bought a kite.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

you bought one then ct?

this is mine, moored up by the shore of talybont reservoir. waves port scooter, I love it. shame the fucking things seems to have inbuilt GPS tracker linked directly to welsh water headquarters.  :(

20210828_134620.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

you bought one then ct?

this is mine, moored up by the shore of talybont reservoir. waves port scooter, I love it. shame the fucking things seems to have inbuilt GPS tracker linked directly to welsh water headquarters.  :(

20210828_134620.jpg

I’m guessing CT’s is a blowup one from B&M

• Haha 2

Aye CT is the type to leave his wife in the car while he runs into Aldi to get some milk.

Next thing you know she can hear the Jaws music in her head as she watches her husband wearing a kayak like a fucking hat trying to weave between cars on his way back to her. 

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’m guessing CT’s is a blowup one from B&M

I bought it with scotland in mind. we love the area round loch craignish and the little village of ardfern. always been deeply envious of those I've seen kayaking on there. hopefully in august we'll get up there and paddle to the galley of lorne pub!  

plus, no fucker hassles you up there.   :)

33 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I bought it with scotland in mind. we love the area round loch craignish and the little village of ardfern. always been deeply envious of those I've seen kayaking on there. hopefully in august we'll get up there and paddle to the galley of lorne pub!  

plus, no fucker hassles you up there.   :)

There is a river near Pitlochrie called the Garry. I always make juvenile jokes about kayakers getting taken along there.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

you bought one then ct?

20210828_134620.jpg

Very nice :) 

No, not yet. The idea only really took hold yesterday following a few YouTube videos.

I usually get an idea, YouTube it to fuck, join a relevant Facebook group and then launch myself in. :lol: 

I really just want an inflatable one for ease of use / storage etc that can sit in the boot for various days out and take on holiday.

So far I quite like this one.

itiwit x100

68537269-2094-4E75-8D59-12336B82F1FF.jpeg

I am going upto druridge bay to have a bit play in the lake and make sure my arms are up to it. (Herniated disc in the neck).

Edited by Christmas Tree

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

make sure my arms are up to it. (Herniated disc in the neck).

This really doesn't sound like a good idea CT. 

Or knowing you you're creating an online alibi for yourself right now, buying some life assurance, and in a few weeks times the headlines will be "Boldon man, missing at sea, last scene on inflatable kayak." Panama hat washed ashore. 

• Haha 5