Hobbies.

catmag

59 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Chester le street today :) 

B5DE5262-64DA-4EFE-A77D-23C6A3851AE3.jpeg

Kudos to having enough motivation to continue finding a new hobby every few weeks :lol: 

Im 40 in a fortnight and am very much in the "I know what I like" phase of life 

• Haha 3

I’ve been sea kayaking before. Enjoyed it once I realised how stable they are. I mention that because I think CT should’ve bought a kayak ;) 

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You should give the upper Tees a crack CT- beautiful river and valley, easy access. 

High Force to Low Force. 

Get in just above High Force …

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve been sea kayaking before. Enjoyed it once I realised how stable they are. I mention that because I think CT should’ve bought a kayak ;) 

Aye, but then you can’t have your kayak and eat it. 
:rimshot:

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

The Kayak (inflatable) is coming soon. More for me and the Mrs on our next break away.  

Btw, she is the normal one in the family whilst the rest of us have varying degrees of ADHD. 

God knows I couldn’t live with me if I was normal. :lol: 

Sea kayaking looks mint but it would have to be a very very calm day before I tried it.

I have no idea how people stand up on surf boards.

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fell off yet? 

No thankfully as we were later informed of this sign at Druridge Bay :lol: 

BFAADA4B-BC51-4EE4-95F9-1E2E60CDC696.thumb.jpeg.b7b543484a4e78b11d52b1d8568160bd.jpeg

I managed about half a mile standing up today. 

Im not too fussed by it tbh, if I’d remembered to take dry clothes today I would probably have jumped in. It’s deffo more of a mind game thing so the sooner I’ve broke my (not a) duck, the better.

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

BFAADA4B-BC51-4EE4-95F9-1E2E60CDC696.thumb.jpeg.b7b543484a4e78b11d52b1d8568160bd.jpeg

Im not too fussed by it tbh, if I’d remembered to take dry clothes today I would probably have jumped in. It’s deffo more of a mind game thing so the sooner I’ve broke my (not a) duck, the better.

:lol: Fuck me. 

31 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The Kayak (inflatable) is coming soon. More for me and the Mrs on our next break away.  

Btw, she is the normal one in the family whilst the rest of us have varying degrees of ADHD. 

God knows I couldn’t live with me if I was normal. :lol: 

Sea kayaking looks mint but it would have to be a very very calm day before I tried it.

I have no idea how people stand up on surf boards.

I did it in the pacific off the coast of Canada. The company I did it with advertised regular orca sightings including promotional photos of them coming right up to the kayaks. I was thinking “I hope that doesn’t fucking happen today”. It was an amazing experience though. Did it here

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

I did it in the pacific off the coast of Canada. The company I did it with advertised regular orca sightings including promotional photos of them coming right up to the kayaks. I was thinking “I hope that doesn’t fucking happen today”. It was an amazing experience though. Did it here

Bloody hell :lol:  Very brave going in where there’s Orca’s. Saw them up close in Florida in the 90’s (sea world - I know), but I would be terrified meeting them on a kayak.

Saw this video the other day with whales which would have been magical.

• Like 3

I was actually lucky enough to see them in the wild on that holiday. But I wasn’t on a kayak, fortunately :lol: there’s been a few sightings off the Northumberland coast in recent years. I saw loads of humpbacks on that holiday too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Did that in NZ first time we came out here, round the bay of islands, managed to be joined by a pod of dolphins for a while.

absolutely exhausting but it is very good!

• Like 3

You can go sea kayaking in Tynemouth , it's not quite the same as the daily kayak to the beach from my house I used to do , but it is very relaxing and surprisingly calm.

(my kayak was the blue one at 0:04)  -just saying ;)

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Needed this bloke standing in front of the sign telling CT to take no notice of it, just ignore it and just get in the water as it's beautiful out there......

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 7

On 24/07/2022 at 17:21, Christmas Tree said:

Druridge gets that every year, well this year is third year in a row, stopped taking Hamish there because of it, first time there was no warning sign until we were halfway round, was well pissed off as he’s more in the water than out of it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s been nearly two weeks since the last new hobby. 

Don’t say I never do anything for you, Tubbs. 

Random Hobby Generator

:lol: 

As it happens….

I watched a few of these folks on YouTube who take it very seriously. Some cool places that they get into but doesn’t appeal to me. 

(and my next one is the inflatable kayak when / if funds allow).