Hobbies.

catmag

39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it looks absolutely fucking shit man :lol:

Piss off man. A few cushions and that’s a solid garden furniture set for free. Much better than paying hundreds for these shitty plastic rattan sets that are fucked after a few summers.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Piss off man. A few cushions and that’s a solid garden furniture set for free. Much better than paying hundreds for these shitty plastic rattan sets that are fucked after a few summers.

about as solid as my last shit 

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Daft question but are the pallets in those pictures actually attached to each other in any way? They look like they'd slide off as soon as you sat on them.

Depends who makes them. The ones I saw are fully glued screwed and painted. Granted you might slide off the wood but once you chuck some seat and back cushions on they’re ideal for free.

@Christmas Tree  how much do you earn an hour? How many hours do you think this will take? How much does your family hate spending time with you?

You know you can buy a shoulder harness for your metal detector for <£30 to take the weight off your gimpy shoulder right?

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

On 4/29/2018 at 14:55, Christmas Tree said:

Can’t be that hard :lol:

Just been to a local place who supplies this below for £299. Part of me wants the easy option but when they’re free all over.....

I think they’re a much nicer option than all this plastic rattan stuff.

1CDB8D64-A951-402B-8BE6-696477FC8401.jpeg

You can get a proper set with cushions for under £200 :lol:

I bought these for the side patio last Summer off Amazon

IMG_7442_zps2xg0vffi.jpg

Serious answer, currently:  Point and click adventures; Writing; Dancing on Kinect :blush: and Running (both for workouts);  Rocket League (supposedly); Candy-flipping ;).

Reading hardly counts and my guitar and keyboard are gathering dust.  I think we're all mostly slaves to Netflix these days, though.

46 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You can get a proper set with cushions for under £200 :lol:

I bought these for the side patio last Summer off Amazon

IMG_7442_zps2xg0vffi.jpg

The problem with a lot of them like yours is the seat and backs are very short so you are more sitting rigid upright. The quality big jobs (my neighbour has one) are over a grand.

Plus I would like a 3str and 2 x 2strs in a u shape so it starts getting expensive. 

Free is good.

9 minutes ago, adios said:

Serious answer, currently:  Point and click adventures; Writing; Dancing on Kinect :blush: and Running (both for workouts);  Rocket League (supposedly); Candy-flipping ;).

Reading hardly counts and my guitar and keyboard are gathering dust.  I think we're all mostly slaves to Netflix these days, though.

I went through the keyboard phase and then an organ. I composed a great tune when my daughter was born only to realise some years later that it was already a famous tune and must just have been buried in my mind :lol:

Just now, adios said:

I'm sure none of us are eager to hear about your organ phase.

:lol:

Guitar and gaming first and foremost for me, though I do a bit of acting (and other amateur dramatic roles as needed) and generally like working with my hands/fixing stuff, which I've turned to making a bit of extra money by fixing up peoples guitars (two in one!)

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Karate, snowboarding  do they count?

Unless you're a professional Snowboarder who Karates people during races then yes.

I suppose my main ones would be running (not to any particular standard, but I like accumulating new parkrun venues and nerdily tracking my runs on Strava) and blogging about/betting on/blogging about betting on Europe's finest televised music competition. B) 

But apparently I already mentioned the latter back on page 1, a mere decade and a bit ago. :lol: 

I also still play in a band of sorts with two lads from school, albeit we get together once a year to record vocals and everything else is done online these days because we live in different parts of the country and that.