Best way to cope with a breakup?

magelaide

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also found that when feeling particularly bad about an ex, i had a wank and for a good ten minutes after i didnt care anymore!

155777[/snapback]

I seem to remember you saying that you never partook in bashing the bishop.... :(

I also found that when feeling particularly bad about an ex, i had a wank and for a good ten minutes after i didnt care anymore!

155777[/snapback]

I seem to remember you saying that you never partook in bashing the bishop.... :(

156030[/snapback]

He doesn't shag his hand, his hand shags him - fact

Get back on the horse (so to speak)? Cry for a week?

Relationships are shit. I'm never going to be in one again.  :(

It does get easier, right??

155637[/snapback]

No it doesn't and beware simplictisic solutions

Its like a death - you have to have a period of greiving and it can take a lot of getting over

But don't get bitter - remember the good times and there IS a future out there

Get back on the horse (so to speak)? Cry for a week?

Relationships are shit. I'm never going to be in one again.  :)

It does get easier, right??

155637[/snapback]

No it doesn't and beware simplictisic solutions

Its like a death - you have to have a period of greiving and it can take a lot of getting over

But don't get bitter - remember the good times and there IS a future out there

156059[/snapback]

im glad someone agrees with my view :razz::(

Time does heal to a certain extent though, at least, you wont always feel so hurt like you do now, then hopefully you will move on.

It might be tempting to have a few flings, but although that will make you feel good for a short while, even pick you up, you'll feel crap after. Its not really the answer.

Im afraid its the same old advice, keep busy, have some time to yourself but dont cut yourself off from friends and family, try and make the effort to go out and do things.

Edited by Toonraider

Thanks all for the advice.

He's moving his stuff out of my place tomorrow and moving into my friend's place - not into the spare room either! Guess I was oblivious to it. :(

I'm keeping busy, which helps. Onwards and upwards! :)

He's moving his stuff out of my place tomorrow and moving into my friend's place - not into the spare room either! Guess I was oblivious to it.  :(

156256[/snapback]

While you're looking for advice on getting over him you might want to have a look at your taste/judgement of friends. That's a sacred rule broken there from the looks of it IMO.

Best revenge is to live well- be happy (it'll happen one day, happiness will kind of sneak up on you), stay active with your friends, stay away from the rebounds- they're tempting, but a shallow temporary fix at best. Either way, good luck with whatever you choose.

spray all of his boxer shorts with deep heat before he collects them

and call the police and tell them she has a load of nicked stuff hidden in her place

Edited by sprucett_78

Thanks all for the advice.

He's moving his stuff out of my place tomorrow and moving into my friend's place - not into the spare room either! Guess I was oblivious to it.  :(

I'm keeping busy, which helps. Onwards and upwards! :)

156256[/snapback]

Ouch that sucks :razz:

You wont feel it now, but you are better off without the pair of them. Look after yourself and keep your pride and your dignity, you'll rise above it.

Haha, that would be hideous! Fab idea, but I don't think I could lower myself to that. ;)

All of his stuff is gone now. Nearly got through it without harsh words being exchanged, but he made a huge point about wanting me to keep the x-box I gave him for his b'day recently. I don't want the stupid thing! Gah. :first:

I think I'll be able to focus on starting the grieving process now. Can't believe my hussey of a friend wants to try and keep our friendship. GET LOST. :icon_lol:

Btw, whats the go with jewellery? Is there a standard procedure - I've offered it back to him but he doesn't want it and I really don't want to keep it.

Edited by magelaide

Haha, that would be hideous! Fab idea, but I don't think I could lower myself to that. ;)

All of his stuff is gone now. Nearly got through it without harsh words being exchanged, but he made a huge point about wanting me to keep the x-box I gave him for his b'day recently. I don't want the stupid thing! Gah. :first:

I think I'll be able to focus on starting the grieving process now. Can't believe my hussey of a friend wants to try and keep our friendship. GET LOST. :icon_lol:

Btw, whats the go with jewellery? Is there a standard procedure - I've offered it back to him but he doesn't want it and I really don't want to keep it.

156574[/snapback]

You could all ways sell it like. you might get a good deal

Here

I don't like the idea of making a profit from this scumbag. I could possibly sell it and place a full page ad in a newspaper highlighting what a pig he is. That would be a tad harsh though, right???

Just to clarify-was it you that was on here 6 months ago asking for advice re whether to follow this bloke to another city? Or am I getting you confused with someone else?

Dont mean to appear insensitive-but although you say you were with him for 3 years-was that a permanent thing or an on/off thing? To be honest if you were the person who posted six months ago I got the distinct impression it ws the latter.

Correct weight.

He moved to another state for work. I was going to follow him, but he decided to return back here. Like any relationship, there were a few occasions when we had rough patches and break-ups. They were sorted out fairly quickly. The last one was a forced separation rather than a choice that we made.

I have no problems if you choose to be insensitive (I don't think that you are being insensitive). ;)

Correct weight.

He moved to another state for work. I was going to follow him, but he decided to return back here. Like any relationship, there were a few occasions when we had rough patches and break-ups. They were sorted out fairly quickly. The last one was a forced separation rather than a choice that we made.

I have no problems if you choose to be insensitive (I don't think that you are being insensitive). ;)

156604[/snapback]

I'm not choosing to be insensitive-seriously!

I agree that all relationships have difficult patches but I dont agree that they are all punctuated by break ups. I think if break ups were a regular feature then the relationship probably wasnt as good as you'd like to think anyway and certainly wasnt meant to be. Which is the way to look at it. I wouldnt regard it as a three year relationship at all in fact.

Having read what mm said I've just read back through some of your other posts about this relationship. I'm now on your exes side, sorry! ;)

Not really a breakup, and is nothing in comparison to all your stories.. Just found out the girl I liked and had a thing with (but havent seen her for a month) went on a date a few days ago! I know I went to magaluf and stuff.. but its just my male pride that is hurt ;)

Not really a breakup, and is nothing in comparison to all your stories.. Just found out the girl I liked and had a thing with (but havent seen her for a month) went on a date a few days ago! I know I went to magaluf and stuff.. but its just my male pride that is hurt ;)

156887[/snapback]

How was Magaluf?

156887[/snapback]

How was Magaluf?

156894[/snapback]

Top draw.. Had tonsilitis though for the first 4 days so the holiday should have been spoilt by that.. but I didnt let it.

Ironic really how usually people come back from magaluf with tonsilitis, I took it there with me.. Meh!