Germany v Italy

Lazarus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pleat and Venables are in direct competition to see who can miss pronounce the most names during the match.

Totti and Materazzi's girly reactions aside, Italy were superb. Germany maybe had more of the play over the whole match, but Italy seemed to be able to do much more with it.

it was a masterclass in defending by Materazzi and Cannavarro really awesome display. Hate Totti, Gatusso, Toni et al. but you can but marvel at their defense.

Wanted the Germans to win as I enjoyed their football throughout the tournament, whereas I think the Italians have rode their luck throughout.

Whoever gets to the final we will have to endure a pretty poor game with plenty of play acting and whinging.

also, special mention to the officials, thought they were note-worthy

Even tho I agree that the ref team was good most of the match, the ref made some odd calls. The entire cannavaro/podolski drama where cannavaro supposebly did something inside the box, and podolski got a freekick OUTSIDE the box.

anyone heard what that even was about? frankly, i didnt see him doing anything wrong.

I think the germans were comfortable to sit back and wait for penalties and that's what cost them in the end. Italy had some major holes in their defence in extra time and a more ruthless team would have made them pay.

By the way, is it just me or did Ballack do absolutely nothing? As a matter of fact he's done nothing in this World Cup. Vastly overrated tbh.

156450[/snapback]

He did his best Frank Lampard impersonation tonight.