North Korea

sweetleftpeg

Well they've said they 'can' shoot down US Bombers in international airspace. For me that's a de facto declaration of war.

I'd really hope other countries recognise that North Korea are acting like utter dickheads and don't side with them, especially China....!

8 hours ago, Rayvin said:

China has made clear it will only be neutral if NK is the aggressor.

Hard to know which is the aggressor in this situation, with idiots on both sides calling each other schoolyard names.  Need someone to take the mature, diplomatic approach - ho, hum :( 

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

I wouldn't say inevitable. 

Do you think it will end with a political resolution? Hard to fathom with two clowns not willing to take a step back and think about things.

This 'declaration of war' stuff is new ground especially now that NK can inflict damage certainly regionally (that we are certain of), arguably across continents.

I don't think this threat of shooting at bomber flybys will stop America from doing them, wouldn't surprise if they increase in frequency now. 

So what happens in that event?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the Michael Palin docu on North Korea last night, very good.  He gets a train from Bejing into NK.  When he crosses the river from China to NK the contrast is startling.  On the Chinese side of the river you see high rise buildings and money.  The NK side.  No high rises, not total poverty but a lot more open and low rise.  It's like stepping back in time.