North Korea

sweetleftpeg

Guest alex
On our local news last night they tried to suggest that North Korea would send one of those nukes our way ;)

Scaremongering at its finest!

156832[/snapback]

Why bomb Australia? 70% of it looks like a nuclear wasteland anyway. :first:

156835[/snapback]

I would say 70% plus Sydney.

156838[/snapback]

Add Perth to that list :icon_lol:

Guest alex
flies - lots of flies in Perth IIRC

157126[/snapback]

Sand flies supposedly, although shit flies would have been my guess.

Guest alex
Perth = biggest shitehole on earth at times. Would be a nice place to retire to, but I've outgrown. It's even making home (Adelaide) look appealing atm. ;)

157382[/snapback]

Perth has nice beaches and stuff but there's fuck all to do and due to it's isolation it's a bit hick. Like the Belgian Beer Cafe in/near the CBD though. Freemantle has a bit more charm. I much preferred Adelaide though. Small but sophisticated without being wanky. The Shiraz is the dog's bollocks too.

I think it was Billy Connolly who said that if ever the world needed an Enema, Perth is where it would go

Perth = biggest shitehole on earth at times. Would be a nice place to retire to, but I've outgrown. It's even making home (Adelaide) look appealing atm. ;)

157382[/snapback]

Perth has nice beaches and stuff but there's fuck all to do and due to it's isolation it's a bit hick. Like the Belgian Beer Cafe in/near the CBD though. Freemantle has a bit more charm. I much preferred Adelaide though. Small but sophisticated without being wanky. The Shiraz is the dog's bollocks too.

157384[/snapback]

I like adelaide - tho it IS amusing they way they all have bloody great coats on the moment it drops below 20C

Guest alex
Perth = biggest shitehole on earth at times. Would be a nice place to retire to, but I've outgrown. It's even making home (Adelaide) look appealing atm. :first:

157382[/snapback]

157384[/snapback]

I like adelaide - tho it IS amusing they way they all have bloody great coats on the moment it drops below 20C

157398[/snapback]

Lovely place isn't it? Loved the Barossa Valley too. The Aussies can't take the cold like. Soft shites ;)

• 6 years later...

Seen a few things like the above, and I might seem like a wierdo like The Fish, but it really fascinates me. I genuinely would love to go, would be the experience of a lifetime imo. Good little show this.

Aye, I know what you mean. Visiting there is as close as you'll get to time travelling.

At night time all of the street lights and every other light goes off. Imagine how mint that would be a city of 4m people in pitch black. I didn't understand the bit of this clip where the bloke says I've just seen three people pushed off their bikes. Why would you push someone off their bike, and also hilarious that the North Korean's point blank refused to believe Kaddafi had been killed by his own people, because they wouldn't believe a malevolent dictator could be hated by his people.

I think the bit about pushing people off their bikes was that the buses didn't give a fuck about cyclists and literally forced them into the ditches running alongside the road rather than driving round them. Something I wholeheartedly agree with.

Edited by ewerk

Stevie I haven't read it yet but this book is meant to be amazing.

http://www.amazon.co...42771611&sr=8-1

This book is mentioned in that clip, I might have a look cheers. Apparently it mentions stuff like department stores with no real goods but plastic fruit and washing machines in the windows to impress foreigners. Incredible really.

I'd heard through the grapevine that a certain 'Wynner' had emigrated to North Korea and changed his name to 'Fu Kim Yung' but can't confirm it.

Haha. Put him in that labour camp in Meenzer's story, and he'd come back looking like Aaron Lennon the fat cunt.

At night time all of the street lights and every other light goes off. Imagine how mint that would be a city of 4m people in pitch black. I didn't understand the bit of this clip where the bloke says I've just seen three people pushed off their bikes. Why would you push someone off their bike, and also hilarious that the North Korean's point blank refused to believe Kaddafi had been killed by his own people, because they wouldn't believe a malevolent dictator could be hated by his people.

Havana is the same, pitch black at night. A fuck of a lot nicer than North Korea though I reckon.

• 4 weeks later...

I am about 25% through Nothing to Envy (the book I recommended to Stevie) after starting it last night.

I really can't put it down and it has me fascinated, yet at the same time I cannot get my head round the fact people have to live like this and their whole lives are subject to what their family has done in the past.

If you haven't read it then it's a must read for anybody who has even a slight interest in the subject.

Finished Nothing to Envy.

The best book I have read for quite some time and will forever leave an impression on me.

Awful what has went on there and some of the integration issues people had when making it to South Korea were really sad too.

Really makes you take stock of things and appreciate what you have. Yet at the same time you wish you could do something to stop the suffering over there.