For the good of your country...

Craig

Christiano Ronaldo is winning the race for FIFA young player of the World Cup -

We can't let the irritating little shit win it. Please take 30 seconds of time to go

on this website and vote for Valencia of Ecuador. Email addresses are not verified so no need to worry about entering a valid one.

Then take 30 seconds to send it on to everyone you know. ;)

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/bypa/eligible.html

600+ votes for Scott Carson.  ;)

156570[/snapback]

nearly 3000 for Theo Walcott.....

Anyone except 'lady boy'! :first:

Supporters hijack Ronaldo vote

A concerted email campaign by England fans looks set to rob Ronaldo of the World Cup's best young player award.

The Portuguese winger, pilloried for his part in the sending off of Wayne Rooney, was leading the Fifa website vote by a huge margin.

But an email urging supporters to vote for Ecuador's Luis Valencia instead has led to an incredible turnaround.

In 24 hours, Ronaldo's vote increased from 210,290 to 241,775, but Valencia's soared from 195,377 to 331,087.

The original email read: "There is a very real danger that Cristiano Ronaldo will be voted the fans' best young player at the World Cup despite his pouting, diving, pretty boy antics - designed mainly to get himself a lucrative transfer to Real Madrid.

"He is currently first in the Fifa voting, ahead of Luis Valencia of Ecuador. Do the decent thing by voting for Valencia.

"It doesn't matter who you support or if you haven't seen them play, just stop Ronaldo. Send this on to any caring conscientious true football lover."

Voting for the award ends on Friday and it looks like being a miserable few days for the Manchester United player, who left the field in tears after Portugal's defeat by France in the World Cup semi-final.

He was roundly booed every time he touched the ball, with a sizeable contingent of England fans in the crowd leading the way.

The hate campaign started after the quarter-final between England and Portugal in Gelsenkirchen, when Ronaldo was pushed by United team-mate Rooney, just before the England striker received a red card.

Ronaldo was caught on camera apparently winking at the bench after Rooney's dismissal, infuriating England fans.

In a final twist to the email saga, the Daily Record reported that it was in fact Scotland fans who had helped propel Ronaldo to the number one spot with a viral campaign of their own designed to heap further misery on England fans.

The paper said: "Tartan Army internet message boards have been urging fans to pluck for Ronaldo on the official World Cup website - and so far things are working a treat."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...006/5153870.stm

Published: 2006/07/06 10:47:46 GMT

© BBC MMVI

;)

Guest Sima
I wish Ronaldo played for the toon

157034[/snapback]

i don't. He's a counter productive nitwit

157041[/snapback]

Blinded by rage ;):first:

There's no doubting the lads a very good footballer, but it can't overshadow the fact he's a cunt.

157084[/snapback]

he aint been up in court for deating up women though like someone else I can think of though ;)

157034[/snapback]

157041[/snapback]

9 goals in 32 games last season is productive enough in my book

157044[/snapback]

so 9 goals would be enough to keep someone who is an exemplar of the blight on the game?

if we're going by that logic you'd have Robert back, hell, he scored more and provided more assists than any left winger in that last two decades!

;)

Guest alex

157034[/snapback]

157041[/snapback]

;) Fuck off.

157034[/snapback]

157041[/snapback]

157044[/snapback]

so 9 goals would be enough to keep someone who is an exemplar of the blight on the game?

if we're going by that logic you'd have Robert back, hell, he scored more and provided more assists than any left winger in that last two decades!

;)

157116[/snapback]

If Robert showed the application and effort that Ronaldo shows he would have been one of the best players in the world

157034[/snapback]

157041[/snapback]

157044[/snapback]

;)

157116[/snapback]

If Robert showed the application and effort that Ronaldo shows he would have been one of the best players in the world

157153[/snapback]

has anyone seen robert play when he was that age? Or was it once he hit mid 20s that he stoppped tracking back.

But i would argee Ronaldo does seem to want to run/dive all day.

Guest alex

157034[/snapback]

157041[/snapback]

157044[/snapback]

;)

157116[/snapback]

157153[/snapback]

True, although were that the case he'd never have played for us :first: