Mido considers Rovers option

khay

Reports from Italy claim Mido has reopened talks with Blackburn over a possible transfer to the Ewood Park club.

The Egyptian international, who returned to Roma this summer following an 18-month loan spell at Tottenham, is believed to still be in dialogue with Rovers, despite earlier reports claiming he had turned down a move.

After a successful season at Spurs last time out, where the striker scored 11 goals in 27 appearances, Mido was considering remaining at the Stadio Olimpico in order to fight for his first team place.

However, Roma have made it clear they are keen to offload Mido and have reportedly accepted a Rovers bid in the region of €5 million (£3.5 million), with the player's agent Mino Raiola continuing to conduct negotiations.

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes is still on the lookout for at least one more striker, having already bolstered his ranks earlier this week with the captures of Francis Jeffers and Jason Roberts.

The Giallorossi, meanwhile, have earmarked the proceeds of a possible deal for Mido to finance a move for Lecce's Mirko Vucinic.

3.5 Would not be too shabby like. He got 11 goals last season. Maybe a bit injury prone but no African nations for a while so would not miss too much. Maybe a bit to temperamental though?

Does anyone think we could get one or two players from clubs that look like being relegated?

156579[/snapback]

It's definitely something we should be looking at but of course there will be clubs all over Europe looking for these players so I wouldn't be expecting Luca Toni, Kaka or Zlatan here any time soon!

i'd be happy with mido and defoe. chalk up a couple of spurs rejects

156658[/snapback]

Both have reputations for being a bit difficult though, not sure either would relish a move to NUFC or would remain problem free. Not convinced either are 'fighters for the cause' tbh.

Mutu would be a good signing

156657[/snapback]

I'm in agreement there, i think he's fantastic

and stay away from Mido, not the kind of player we need at this club

Thing is we'd probably get Mutu for around £5m if Juve were willing to sell.

156796[/snapback]

I'd hope so, he's got everything in my eyes, and he's been fucked over by Juve by getting forced to play on the left wing all the time