Kluivert told to look for a new club

Jimbo

MADRID, July 5 (Reuters) - Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert has been told to look for another team after being left out of the squad for Valencia's pre-season training camp in the Netherlands.

Italian trio Marco Di Vaio, Bernardo Corradi and Stefano Fiore as well as Spanish midfielder Francisco Rufete were also omitted from the squad as they too are deemed surplus to requirements by coach Quique Sanchez Flores.

"They will all start training later and during the intervening period they will be given time to look for another team," Sanchez Flores told reporters on Wednesday.

Former Barcelona striker Kluivert has been plagued by injuries since joining Valencia from Newcastle United last June.

His move to the Primera Liga club was originally delayed for three weeks because of a problem in his left knee that was detected in the medical.

He eventually completed the move, but subsequently suffered a series of problems in his right knee which required surgery in February. He played just 202 minutes of league football for Valencia in the season.

Valencia's signing of Fernando Morientes and the fine form of David Villa, who was the top Spanish striker in the Primera Liga last season, mean that the club no longer requires the Dutchman.

Indeed, I'd take atleast Kluivert and Di Vaio, as long as they dont want a truckload of money each week.

156863[/snapback]

Ahhh now that could be a downfall

156865[/snapback]

I really dont see why not, Kluivert was never given a proper chance. Di Vaio was always a good player, just the lack of playing time has made him a dull edged blade.... or something ;)

Indeed, I'd take atleast Kluivert and Di Vaio, as long as they dont want a truckload of money each week.

156863[/snapback]

Ahhh now that could be a downfall

156865[/snapback]

I really dont see why not, Kluivert was never given a proper chance. Di Vaio was always a good player, just the lack of playing time has made him a dull edged blade.... or something ;)

156869[/snapback]

Lost his Razor sharpness?

Agree they could all probally do a job, if we did get them for nothing, or next to nothing then it might not be to much a waste. if they do want big wages a year contract would be all right with an option to extending it.

He played just 202 minutes of league football for Valencia in the season.

156793[/snapback]

Why would anyone consider bringing him back

156908[/snapback]

Get more games than owen then... ;)

Kluivert looked like a class act when he was here...he just looks like he can't be arsed with it anymore. Looks like he's just going through the motions and is a bit bored with playing football so doesn't really go out of his way to come back from injuries. At the end of the day he knows someone out there will pay near enough what he wants in wages.

156793[/snapback]

156908[/snapback]

Beggars belief tbh.

Kluivert looked like a class act when he was here...he just looks like he can't be arsed with it anymore. Looks like he's just going through the motions and is a bit bored with playing football so doesn't really go out of his way to come back from injuries. At the end of the day he knows someone out there will pay near enough what he wants in wages.

156928[/snapback]

Could end up back at ajax, all old dutch players seem to be going their at the moment. Well stam and davids anyways...

156793[/snapback]

156908[/snapback]

I wouldn't advocate bring him back but i'd say he's better than Ameobi and likely to play more than Owen, to some that might be reason enough !