Thank god he's not coming here !

Jimbo

Wigan's £5.5m Heskey bid accepted

Wigan are set to break their transfer record after a £5.5m bid for Birmingham striker Emile Heskey was accepted.

A statement on Blues' website confirmed the offer had been agreed for the 28-year-old former England player, who is now discussing personal terms.

Wigan manager Paul Jewell also inquired about signing Robbie Savage, 31, from Blackburn but was told the Wales midfielder was not for sale.

Jewell said the club were targeting "top Premiership performers".

Wigan are desperate to land a proven striker after selling Jason Roberts to Blackburn for £3m and missing out in the chase for Andrew Johnson, who joined Everton from Crystal Palace in May.

Their previous record transfer fee was the £3.1m paid to Wolves for Henri Camara last summer.

Jewell said: "Emile is a proven performer at Premiership and international level and we have made what we consider to be a very good offer to Birmingham City.

"It is not normal for this club to comment on targets until the player has signed but in this instance it's an open secret that we've made the bid.

"I think he's a player who could do very well for us but we'll see how the situation develops.

"I'm still very confident we will get the five or six new players we want by the beginning of the season."

Heskey worth more than Bellamy. What a world.

Reading have signed Seol from Wolves apparently. Would've been a good player for the toon, I've always been an admirer of the chap.

157224[/snapback]

Couldn't get in the Wolves team last year. Definitely not good enough for us.

Reading have signed Seol from Wolves apparently. Would've been a good player for the toon, I've always been an admirer of the chap.

157224[/snapback]

157239[/snapback]

Who the fuck was the asian playing for them then? ;)

157224[/snapback]

157239[/snapback]

Who the fuck was the asian playing for them then? ;)

157274[/snapback]

First eleven, Mr pernickety :first:

£5.5m?

jesus christ.. that's not bad

I mean sure, they have to take Heskey as well.. but £5.5m will add to Wigans coffers nicely