Cool but Flawed

The Fish

A floating bed, balanced on magnets, looks cool as fuck, but ultimately it's a bit fucking stupid. Costs $1.5 m, and is tethered to the wall... to stop it floating off

well surely if it's on a magnetic cushion as soon as it starts to drift off the "cushion" it'll simply fall to the floor...

still, if they could make it cheaper and have no need of the tethers it'd be ace!

Floating Bed

floatingbed.jpg

Would be interesting to have intercourse in one of those...

157555[/snapback]

Brock, you seriously need to do something about your raging hormones.

Would be interesting to have intercourse in one of those...

157555[/snapback]

Brock, you seriously need to do something about your raging hormones.

157583[/snapback]

I obviously needed a :lol: in me original post. :hunter:

surely a better one would be to cover your ceiling in strong north pole magnets and the floor in equal strength south pole ones, then just buy a metal bed, voila, a bed that flats at exactly half the way up the room.

*Admittedly it may not be a good idea to have any piercings, fillings or one of those thingies that makes your heart work.

Surely it can't be healthy to sleep on a massive magnetic field?

157542[/snapback]

That was my immediate thought too. I wouldn't fancy it.

157606[/snapback]

Thirded.

Also, if you're going to tether it with 4 cables, why not just suspend one from the roof for a couple of grand... :lol:

My bed often feels like a magnetic floating bed after a night out on the sherbert, much cheaper too !

surely a better one would be to cover your ceiling in strong north pole magnets and the floor in equal strength south pole ones, then just buy a metal bed, voila, a bed that flats at exactly half the way up the room.

*Admittedly it may not be a good idea to have any piercings, fillings or one of those thingies that makes your heart work.

157612[/snapback]

On the contrary, get equal amounts of piercings on your front and back, then jump into the magnetic field. Hey presto! You're floating!

157612[/snapback]

On the contrary, get equal amounts of piercings on your front and back, then jump into the magnetic field. Hey presto! You're floating!

157667[/snapback]

One in your head and one on your feet and you'd look like a fucking propellor.

157612[/snapback]

157667[/snapback]

One in your head and one on your feet and you'd look like a fucking propellor.

157670[/snapback]

:lol:

don't know why they need tethers, surely have strong repellant magnets around the bed and the magnets strong enough to keep the thing afloat covering the floorspace in the middle of this perimeter.

ta-feggin-da, no need for tethers

don't know why they need tethers, surely have strong repellant magnets around the bed and the magnets strong enough to keep the thing afloat covering the floorspace in the middle of this perimeter.

ta-feggin-da, no need for tethers

157689[/snapback]

Until you clamber onto the fucker. :lol:

I'll have you know if I turn sideways you'll lose me, I'm so thin these days I have to avoid the cracks in the pavements...

you know those cracks?....the one your thunderous footfalls leave in your wake :lol: