Federer v Nadal

Bombadil

Deserved win for Federer and a victory for all-round play over Nadal's baseline tennis - although I had hoped to see Federer attack the net more.

Nadal seems a nice lad off the court, but I can't stand his over-the-top celebrations and mind games. Tennis' version of Cristiano Ronaldo tbh. :lol:

have to say wimbledon totally passed me by again, finding it harder and harder to get interested in it.

the ability and competition remains at a high standard, but I just don't care any more.

When Big Nads won the third set I thought it might have been game on, but the dullard Federer snuffed the challenge out sharpish.

157893[/snapback]

Dull? It's not Federer's fault that he's the best player by far. If anyone is boring to watch, it's Nadal - all graft and no craft.

Edited by Bombadil

When Big Nads won the third set I thought it might have been game on, but the dullard Federer snuffed the challenge out sharpish.

157893[/snapback]

:lol::hunter::)

Nadal seems a nice lad off the court, but I can't stand his over-the-top celebrations and mind games. Tennis' version of Cristiano Ronaldo tbh.  :hunter:

157890[/snapback]

My fella likes 'em both. It's been a difficult few weeks. :lol:

Thought it was an excellent final. The standard of play was fantastic at times. It would be great if Nadal could continue to develop as an all court player to challenge Federer's supremacy. Glad Federer won though.

It's a shame when someone is so good that it does become boring. Like Sampras before him, Federer is so good on the grass that it looks effortless and boring at times. We need a McEnroe-Borg rivalry.

I wanted Federer to lose to mix things up a bit, but I'm glad Nadal lost in the end, the last thing tennis needs is another baseline neanderthal.

Gutted that bloke beat Henin in the ladies though.

158181[/snapback]

Henin-Hardenne looks like a fella too tbqf.

I wanted Federer to lose to mix things up a bit, but I'm glad Nadal lost in the end, the last thing tennis needs is another baseline neanderthal.

Gutted that bloke beat Henin in the ladies though.

158181[/snapback]

Henin-Hardenne looks like a fella too tbqf.

158186[/snapback]

She's not on a par with Kournikova but she's definately a bird. Which is more than can be said for Mauresmo.

It was a good final I thought. Nice to see Mauresmo win because of her being so good at the net and serve volleying a bit. I quite like both players though.

It was a good final I thought. Nice to see Mauresmo win because of her being so good at the net and serve volleying a bit. I quite like both players though.

158192[/snapback]

Yeah, it was a good final. Shame a woman didn't win it though. :lol:

I've got a soft spot for Henin, hopefully she'll win it next year to complete her collection of slams.

EDIT: I thought she was pretty good at the net too, it was her baseline stuff that let her down.

Edited by luckyluke