World Cup Press conferences

Jimbo

SSN just did a feature on World Cup press conferences where the interviewee's have have demanded that questions are not given in English, I only caught the end of it but they showed Barthez and Lippi both giving English journalists the brush off by demanding no English language questions.

Not sure if it was a bit of fun or if it was just making a point of English ingnorance to foreign language.

Maybe it's because their English isn't very good and they don't want to be misrepresented. You can bet Lippi would have been asked about managing Man Utd. or similar.

Maybe it's because their English isn't very good and they don't want to be misrepresented. You can bet Lippi would have been asked about managing Man Utd. or similar.

158077[/snapback]

I don't think so, the feature was suggesting that it had become a trend in interviews to piss off the English Journo's, both Barthez and Lippi speak fluent English, Lippi even invited questions in French but not English.

158077[/snapback]

I don't think so, the feature was suggesting that it had become a trend in interviews to piss off the English Journo's, both Barthez and Lippi speak fluent English, Lippi even invited questions in French but not English.

158079[/snapback]

I was under the impression Lippi's Engllish was a bit shaky. If the reasons you give are true though, I have to say it's quite funny imo.

158077[/snapback]

158079[/snapback]

I was under the impression Lippi's Engllish was a bit shaky. If the reasons you give are true though, I have to say it's quite funny imo.

158090[/snapback]

It certainly put the English journalists in a spot, Barthez was grinning like a cheshire cat when they tried to put questions to him.

158077[/snapback]

158079[/snapback]

Lippi claimed recently that he could barely speak a word of English though he could have just been saying that to distance himself from the speculation linking himself with the Man U job.

158077[/snapback]

158079[/snapback]

Lippi claimed recently that he could barely speak a word of English though he could have just been saying that to distance himself from the speculation linking himself with the Man U job.

158182[/snapback]

maybe so, but during the clip I saw he took great delight in saying in perfect english "no english questions, only Italian or even French, but no English".

Its not about not speaking English, its about knowing full well that the English journalists can't speak anything else !

158077[/snapback]

158079[/snapback]

158182[/snapback]

maybe so, but during the clip I saw he took great delight in saying in perfect english "no english questions, only Italian or even French, but no English".

Its not about not speaking English, its about knowing full well that the English journalists can't speak anything else !

158200[/snapback]

I hope he can speak good English and that he and others were just doing it to piss off the complete cockends who make up the English press. I know if i was there i'd refuse to answer questions in English and thats if i was there as an England player :lol:

I saw him answer Garth Crooks in English at a press conference last week, so he definitely understands and speaks English. Good on him for refusing to deal with the English journalist scum though.