Glenn doing everything right so far.

Guest The Voice

Guest The Voice

Hello all,just found this place.

Got to say how surprisingly pleased I am with the way Roeder has acquitted himself to the job so far. It goes without saying that getting the 7th place was an achievement.

Since then he has re-modelled the clubs training schedule for the better and has off loaded some players that were deadwood. There are others I'm sure he would like to ship out(Luque,Boumsong,Elliott and Butt) but he is talking them up so he will get the best out of them in the short term,hopefully.

He also hasnt rushed out and bought players that may be names but wouldnt fit in.

For the first time in ages Nufc seem to be scouting the lower leagues for young English talent and that has to be a plus down to Glenn.

With 2 good attackers signing soon,now the WC is over and maybe someone like Malbranque this could be a really good season when we least expected it.

Welcome on board.

Roeder is doing things right so far, the overhaul of the coaching set up was much needed and I'm quite impressed with the way he's done things so far, but the big test starts now.

Lets see who he can attract to the club and how well we start the season before we get too excited though.

Welcome on board.

Roeder is doing things right so far, the overhaul of the coaching set up was much needed and I'm quite impressed with the way he's done things so far, but the big test starts now.

Lets see who he can attract to the club and how well we start the season before we get too excited though.

158234[/snapback]

We always seem to have a poor start to the season, since aslong as I can remember we have been garbage at the start of the season, its the NUFC way!

I just hope he can make afew signings with the money he has, rather than blowing it all on one player, ala Owen.

I think in general aspirations and expectations of Newcastle as a club and the fans has come down in recent years. I dont know whether that is due to the miserable results we've had since SBR left or whether the emergence of more clubs challenging for honours e.g Chelsea and Liverpool has had an effect. Either way, i dont have the expectations of the team that i have had in previous years and at the moment feel quite apathetic about the league at this stage.

we still havent brought anyone in which is very worrying.

158505[/snapback]

Typical of NUFC about 10 minutes before the deadline is the only time we do business.

158601[/snapback]

I wouldn't call less than half way through July the last 10 minutes, but I wory that might happen.