Levante seal Robert deal..

Scottish Mag

Benfica midfielder Laurent Robert has reached a deal with Liga new boys Levante.

As reported by skysports.com, negotiations had been underway for the talented winger, after a turbulent time in Portugal, and the former Newcastle United man has now agreed to move to Spain.

The 31-year-old Frenchman has signed a two-year deal at Levante, and the club will be hoping he can help maintain the club's top flight status in the immediate future.

He began his career at Montpellier before joining Paris Saint Germain in 1999, and then making the move to The Magpies two seasons later.

After a controversial and inconsistent time in the North East he moved to Portsmouth on loan before Benfica snapped him up on a Bosman free transfer in January.

Both Rangers and Galatasaray were linked with the talented player earlier in the summer, but neither deal ever materialised.

Another move for the underachieving frenchman. The only player i could love and loath in equal measure.

I could not believe the shouts being made when he was moved on from the toon. All the recent moves have proved he is just running on his own inflated belief of his self worth and not as good a he thinks he is.

Guest Fog on the Tyne
He will always remembered for those great free kicks and crossings  :(

159081[/snapback]

He offered our team much more than free kicks and crosses.

He will always remembered for those great free kicks and crossings  :o

159081[/snapback]

159082[/snapback]

And also sometimes much less, that you don't want to remember :(

Guest Fog on the Tyne

159081[/snapback]

159082[/snapback]

159086[/snapback]

Which was?..

159081[/snapback]

159082[/snapback]

159086[/snapback]

Which was?..

159088[/snapback]

Lazy, doesn't want to track back and help defence, goes AWOL in the middle of the game, etc

Guest Fog on the Tyne

It wasn't his job to track back - it's like slating Shay Given for not getting enough crosses into the oppositions box. We still haven't replaced Robert with a player who can match his assists and goal ratio.

It wasn't his job to track back - it's like slating Shay Given for not getting enough crosses into the oppositions box. We still haven't replaced Robert with a player who can match his assists and goal ratio.

159092[/snapback]

That's what I'm talking about: "those great free kicks and crossings" :(

Edited by niina

Not all of his goals were from freekicks you know!

159096[/snapback]

No, but the ones that I always remember are those from beautiful free-kick. For the open-play goals, even our young Charles N'Zogbia can do that :(

... and not forget, our own Ameobi can do that as well...

The Ameobi jokes get tiring and repetitive after a while.

159098[/snapback]

I'm not joking for the Ameobi part, I just saying that he also can score goal. And also Robert is already the past. I want to remember him for his wonderful freekicks and crossings. If you want to remember him for other things, it's up to you, I don't care :(

niina is spot on about Robert. Fog on the Tyne, like so many, is in denial. No surprise to see the lazy prick getting shifted on from another club....him and Ian Harte down Levante's left next season. JWTBH.

How many clubs has Robert had since he left us now? I would say we got rid not a minute too soon. Possibly the most frustrating player I've ever seen in black and white because of his immense talent.

Guest Fog on the Tyne

Don't get me wrong, he's well and truly past his best now since leaving Newcastle. It's just I thought he offered us a lot more than just the odd freekick.

Don't get me wrong, he's well and truly past his best now since leaving Newcastle. It's just I thought he offered us a lot more than just the odd freekick.

159229[/snapback]

Not for the last season and a half or so, he didn't, mate.

Guest Fog on the Tyne

159229[/snapback]

159274[/snapback]

Absoloutley, but did anyone perform in Souness' first season?

159229[/snapback]

159274[/snapback]

159276[/snapback]

Bellamy. At Celtic.

159229[/snapback]

159274[/snapback]

at least.... what was frustrating was that i knew deep down if he put some effort in he was absolutley world class. Unfortaunley he was lazy as was Ginola before him and sat back on his undoubted talent. I did not shed any tears when he went as he stopped just scoring goals and assisting the team and went for the glory shots, even then he missed more than he scored.

159229[/snapback]

159274[/snapback]

159276[/snapback]

Bellamy. At Celtic.

159397[/snapback]

and here is another argument, he should still be here and on a leash..... and if not why on earth was he let go for the paltry amount we got.