Levante seal Robert deal..

Scottish Mag

Newcastle's most productive left winger for the last two decades. Fact-yergirlfriendupthewrongun

everything else is just noise and missing the point.

Robert and Bellamy were playing well and while there still parts of their game that were sevrely lacking we got shot of them instead of mediocre players who weren't even playing well.

Bellamy, Hughes, Robert, Bernard were all at worst good enough for Newcastle, but we sold them in a replaced them with Carr, Luque, Babyaro....

we played better football despite Roberts criminal laziness, we played better footballa nd scored more goals despite Bellamy's woeful finishing, we conceded less goals despite Bernards poor positioning and Hughes inadequacy.

They left because Freddy wanted them gone. Bellamy for reasons that both parties must accept blame, Robert because of the manager Freddy brought in, Bernard because they couldn't agree a contract and Hughes... god knows why.

sure he's not good enough, but he's sure as shit better than Carr Bramble, Ramage etc. etc. etc. at least he cared for the club and would play wherever the manager wanted him to.

the fans that justifiably can't stand Robert's laziness fail to mention in their dismissals of him, that he provided more goals and assists than any of our other midfielders. At the end of the day goals win games.

Edited by The Fish

Bernard wanted away, refusing to sign a contract as it appeared he was trying to get a move on a free. if i was in freddy's position i would have done the same..

The robert argument bores me really, he offered everyting in his first 2 seasons and i was his biggest fan, but playing for a team means as a team not as an indiviual, when he was great he was, but he spoiled himself, unsettled the team, ie the rant the day before a cup final etc. after that he was a disgrace in the black and white shirt.

Guest Fog on the Tyne
Bernard wanted away, refusing to sign a contract as it appeared he was trying to get a move on a free.  if i was in freddy's position i would have done the same..

The robert argument bores me really, he offered everyting in his first 2 seasons and i was his biggest fan, but playing for a team means as a team not as an indiviual,  when he was great he was, but he spoiled himself, unsettled the team, ie the rant the day before a cup final etc.  after that he was a disgrace in the black and white shirt.

160222[/snapback]

We never played in a cup final.

Bernard wanted away, refusing to sign a contract as it appeared he was trying to get a move on a free.  if i was in freddy's position i would have done the same..

The robert argument bores me really, he offered everyting in his first 2 seasons and i was his biggest fan, but playing for a team means as a team not as an indiviual,  when he was great he was, but he spoiled himself, unsettled the team, ie the rant the day before a cup final etc.  after that he was a disgrace in the black and white shirt.

160222[/snapback]

160223[/snapback]

ok semi, but why rant on, he was brilliant at riling other players and destablising the team at opportune moments. The fact his careers is now in nosedive just shows how out of touch he is with reality

The robert argument bores me really, he offered everyting in his first 2 seasons and i was his biggest fan, but playing for a team means as a team not as an indiviual,  when he was great he was, but he spoiled himself, unsettled the team, ie the rant the day before a cup final etc.   after that he was a disgrace in the black and white shirt.

160222[/snapback]

160223[/snapback]

ok semi, but why rant on, he was brilliant at riling other players and destablising the team at opportune moments. The fact his careers is now in nosedive just shows how out of touch he is with reality

160696[/snapback]

The rant was on the eve of the UEFA 1/4 final ;)

Guest Fog on the Tyne

160222[/snapback]

160223[/snapback]

160696[/snapback]

He did nothing wrong. He answered a question honestly in an interview with no intention of being 'selfish' as Souness put it.

All he said was that we had more of a chance of winning the UEFA Cup last season (under Robson) than this season (under Souness).

I can't remember the exact figures but I believed he scored 5 goals in his last season. None of them were from open play IIRC.

161182[/snapback]

to be fair to him we were missing our most effective striker and he was being managed by an incompotent bufoon

He's finished and he was sussed by PL defenders for about his last two seasons here (at least). And he's onto his 4th club in about 2 years or something. Says it all really.