Rocky Balboa

Jimbo

Better than the telly at the moment like.

158692[/snapback]

Just how bad is the telly at the minute though!? The World Cup has glossed over its shitness for a month, but now that it's gone.....Jesus, there is NOWT on worth watching. I'm working my way through DVDs of Six Feet Under and then I watch the Crime and Investigation channel :o but if it wasn't for those two....:(

If I'm not watching a DVD I end up watching either stuff like Partridge on UK Gold, or trawling through UK History or Documentary. Trouble is, I've seen most of the things before. Terrestrial telly seems to think a 3-way ratings war between Love Island, Big Brother and Only Fools on Horses is acceptable.

TV has been declining for a while now because our society has increasingly become shallow, moronic, celeb/nonentity obsessed and they aim TV at what they think people want.

So the only stuff left worth watching is US imports, sport, factual programmes that suit your personal interests, the odd new comedy programme and maybe the occasional surprise when something decent comes along out of nowhere!

If I'm not watching a DVD I end up watching either stuff like Partridge on UK Gold, or trawling through UK History or Documentary. Trouble is, I've seen most of the things before. Terrestrial telly seems to think a 3-way ratings war between Love Island, Big Brother and Only Fools on Horses is acceptable.

158754[/snapback]

Sounds like me at the moment, either a DVD, UKTV repeats or Paramount

Tv has been shite for ages. Someone in charge needs to realise that a large proportion of the country doesn't give a shit about this reality shite.

As for US TV being better, you have to remember only the best of it gets imported by us, so i'd guess its probably just as bad but since there are more large networks there are more gems amongst the shite.

Guest stevieintoon
Theres no easy way out is easily the best song from any of the films!

Rocky was obviously the best of the series, i juts like the whole 70s big city feel to it when hes training and collecting money down the docks etc.

Rocky 4 gets the cheese factor though. I love that film!

158655[/snapback]

Nearly everything you've said there in spot on. I know there's no words to it but Ecstacy of Gold in The Good The Bad and The Ugly is a better song, when Tuco's running like fuck to find Arch Stanton's grave, then he finds it and there's no money in it, just a skeleton. Another better song is Hearts on Fire as well, one of my favourite scene in a film when he's at the top of the mountain, and he's like "Howay Drago ya cunt DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

In a way I'm not pleased about the fact they've made number 6, I think you'd have one of the best film series ever without question had they have finished when he fucked Drago. Rocky 5 wasn't bad, and George Washington Duke was a funny cunt, but the first 4 were top rate.

158754[/snapback]

It says a lot about the current state of TV when the best thing on is Lost. :(

Like it or lump it Big Brother is popular, makes money and is a big favourite with TV suits.

• 17 years later...
1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's a good job we are minted mind, flying that many fuckers out! More hangers on than we have players! :lol: 

Half of fucking YouTube must be in that photo with 'the guys'. (Don't forget to hit that like and subscribe button).

• Haha 2