Brock

The Fish

we've all seen evidence of Poor young Brock's sincere but misguided jaunts into the world of cinema and music.

I'm hoping that as this thread grows he'll get to see a little of culture and taste that'll raise him up out of the Ashlee Simpson mire he's stumbled into at the moment. We all might benefit from it too.

I'm suggesting that we each put forward a Film and an Album that he can buy/borrow or steal.

I'll go first with an album that he may already own, but one that isn't a quantum leap from his current taste in Music.

Linkin Park- ReAnimation.

Basically a remix of their Hybrid Theory album but superior in every way, somoe whopping epics and some impressively cool beats too.

The Film I'd suggest isn't too obscure I hope, it's certainly one I enjoy every time it's on.

Kelly's Heroes

During World War II, Lieutenant Kelly learns of a German bank located behind enemy lines containing 16 million dollars in gold bars. His platoon, led by Big Joe, has three days of R&R coming, so, with the aid of hustler Crapgame, anachronistic hippie Oddball, three Sherman tanks and a touch of irreverence, Kelly leads his men deep into French territory to steal the gold for themselves.

kellys-heroes.gif

:(

your turn :o

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC/DC- Back In Black

Back in Black is the seventh studio album by Australian hard rock band AC/DC, released in July 1980 (see 1980 in music). It is also AC/DC's sixth international studio album. All songs were written by Angus Young, Malcolm Young, and Brian Johnson.

SME_0101_EK_080207.70Q_200x200_72dpi_RGB.jpg

Possibly my favourite film of all time...

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Released in 1966, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo) is one of the most widely-known Western films of all time, and is often cited as the quintessential film of the "Spaghetti Western" genre. The film was directed by Sergio Leone and stars Clint Eastwood (Blondie, the Man with No Name, or "The Good"), Lee Van Cleef ("Angel Eyes", Sentenza, or "The Bad"), and Eli Wallach (Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, "The Rat", or "The Ugly").

Good_Bad_Ugly_6.JPG

Good idea on the thread Mr Fish :(

Edited by Jonny2J

Film- Any Kevin Smith venture. Clerks, Dogma, Chasing Amy... it's all good.

Music- The Stone Roses, APC, perhaps a smidgen of Jeff Buckley...

Oh and don't ever ask me to fry an egg for you again. :(

Album - Offspring - Smash. Heard it when i was 14 and one of the first albums to really blow me away along with nevermind. Shame they are shit now.

Film - The Warriors - If anyone tries to remake this il kill them!!!

Who's going to sort out Geordie Fish's tastes though? :(

158710[/snapback]

Naff off baldy, I've got fine taste in all things.

might not be as pretentious as a few on here on the film side of things, but I have great taste in everything else :o

158710[/snapback]

might not be as pretentious as a few on here on the film side of things, but I have great taste in everything else ;)

158772[/snapback]

That's the only thing you don't have pretentious tastes in :o

Music: Vampiria - Among Mortals

Tracklist:

Prelude

Legacy In Blood

Ambassador Of Morning (Salve Luxfer)

Brother Wolf (The Path Of The Seventh Moon)

The Hand Of Death

Legend Of A Curse

Crown Of Crows

Pagan Celebration (Celtic Evocation)

Satan's Legion Comes

Requiem For A Vampire (Forest Of Agony)

This young band hails from Argentina, having written blackish Gothic Metal on their banner. The songs all are pretty long, a bit complex and dominated by keyboards. But the guitars, too, can fully enfold, we are talking about a Metal-band!

Those are very doomy and present the listener with beautiful, sad leads! The songs also have some symphonic passages, sometimes even with fast breaks, which remind me more of Black Metal. The vocals also tend into this direction, more shouted vocals. But this also does not dominate each song, but a clean voice is also used. The wide variety of ideas is truly amazing, keeping the tension inside the songs on an all-time high.

As the production, too, has turned out to be well, I have to issue a recommendation for this CD. But do not expect some standard Gothic-stuff, VAMPIRIA's stuff sounds pretty evil, but also has a noble sad atmosphere to it! Even without an exotic's bonus deserved 8 points!

The review isn't by me, but its accurate. Thought i'd reccomend something to Brock that he may actually want to listen to! :(

Film: Hawk The Slayer!

Everone should see this work of genius at least once, it has to be seen to be believed! :o

Wolfmother is an Australian band. Their music is often described as "retro-rock" and is inspired by such grand stoner or psychedelic rock acts of the 1970s as Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and Deep Purple.

Album released this week...

038a.jpg

Kes is a story of Barnsley boy Billy Casper (David Bradley), academic failure and eternal victim, who finds release and a sense of personal identity through training the eponymous kestrel. Committed to falconry in a way he'll never be to anything at school, Billy gets abuse from his snotty peers and malicious PE teacher Mr. Sugden (Brian Glover, typically brilliant and bullish). Only buoyant Mr. Farthing (Colin Welland) shows any interest in Billy's extracurricular activities as, he discovers this apparently useless layabout is actually highly intelligent and dedicated.

"Watch this Guthrie, this is how to take a penalty"

Music: Vampiria - Among Mortals

Tracklist:

Prelude

Legacy In Blood

Ambassador Of Morning (Salve Luxfer)

Brother Wolf (The Path Of The Seventh Moon)

The Hand Of Death

Legend Of A Curse

Crown Of Crows

Pagan Celebration (Celtic Evocation)

Satan's Legion Comes

Requiem For A Vampire (Forest Of Agony)

This young band hails from Argentina, having written blackish Gothic Metal on their banner. The songs all are pretty long, a bit complex and dominated by keyboards. But the guitars, too, can fully enfold, we are talking about a Metal-band!

Those are very doomy and present the listener with beautiful, sad leads! The songs also have some symphonic passages, sometimes even with fast breaks, which remind me more of Black Metal. The vocals also tend into this direction, more shouted vocals. But this also does not dominate each song, but a clean voice is also used. The wide variety of ideas is truly amazing, keeping the tension inside the songs on an all-time high.

As the production, too, has turned out to be well, I have to issue a recommendation for this CD. But do not expect some standard Gothic-stuff, VAMPIRIA's stuff sounds pretty evil, but also has a noble sad atmosphere to it! Even without an exotic's bonus deserved 8 points!

The review isn't by me, but its accurate. Thought i'd reccomend something to Brock that he may actually want to listen to! :(

Film: Hawk The Slayer!

Everone should see this work of genius at least once, it has to be seen to be believed! :o

158788[/snapback]

You just went up in my estimation ;):sweat:

Wolfmother is an Australian band. Their music is often described as "retro-rock" and is inspired by such grand stoner or psychedelic rock acts of the 1970s as Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and Deep Purple.

Album released this week...

038a.jpg

Kes is a story of Barnsley boy Billy Casper (David Bradley), academic failure and eternal victim, who finds release and a sense of personal identity through training the eponymous kestrel. Committed to falconry in a way he'll never be to anything at school, Billy gets abuse from his snotty peers and malicious PE teacher Mr. Sugden (Brian Glover, typically brilliant and bullish). Only buoyant Mr. Farthing (Colin Welland) shows any interest in Billy's extracurricular activities as, he discovers this apparently useless layabout is actually highly intelligent and dedicated.

"Watch this Guthrie, this is how to take a penalty"

158793[/snapback]

'Kes' is class, so is the book.

158710[/snapback]

might not be as pretentious as a few on here on the film side of things, but I have great taste in everything else :o

158772[/snapback]

Yet you watch Lost, possibly the shittiest piece of shitty shit that was ever shitted.

'Kes' is class, so is the book.

158801[/snapback]

The PE lesson / football match is the best bit! :(

158808[/snapback]

:o Where he dives to get the penalty, takes it himself and misses. The bloke who plays the PE teacher is class.

158710[/snapback]

158772[/snapback]

Yet you watch Lost, possibly the shittiest piece of shitty shit that was ever shitted.

158807[/snapback]

Was actually really good when it first came out, but found that the only way to watch it is on DVD about three or four episodes on the bounce. Suspense is it's strong point and if there is a week between shows you just don't get that excited to be honest.

not arsed about it now though

Album-U2. The unforgettable fire or Led Zep-the song remains the same. (or any Led Zep album really)

Film. Blues brothers, The lost boys or how about the original Psycho?

Album-U2. The unforgettable fire or Led Zep-the song remains the same. (or any Led Zep album really)

Film. Blues brothers, The lost boys or how about the original Psycho?

158942[/snapback]

I don't get U2. He can't sing, try as I might I can't bear any of their songs and don't get me started on songs like Vertigo and Evolution which were forced down me lugholes.

I've seen Blues Brothers (albeit in German, but the car chase is still class) and Psycho. :(