Magpies join Saviola chase

DavB93

He'll go to Arsenal if its true that they want him. :(

Whilst I know both Mido and Anelka carry extra baggage I would be happy to take a chance on one of them and Saviola going into next season. Especially as they are both proven in the premiership and both one of the above and Saviola would cost far less than the silly prices being touted for the likes of Darren Bent.

Saviola setting sights on Arsenal

Argentina international Javier Saviola is weighing up a potential move from Barcelona to Arsenal.

The 24-year-old striker's agent Alfredo Cabrera Brizuela said: "He will make his decision based on football and that points to the Gunners.

"He will have no problem playing in England because he is world-class and will be successful in any country.

"This week is very important because he wants to have a holiday knowing he has his future sorted out."

Overrated tbh.

158753[/snapback]

Actually, I agree to an extent. Or at least I'm not sure he'd be a success in England. With Arsenal maybe, but probably not with us. People would be on his back from day one because he doesn't tackle like a madman.

Why dont we stop listening to all this transfer speculation bullshit, Roeder was given the managers job cos he would be cheap, bow down to FS and not demand transfer funds, just put together the bullshit,

1. Kuyt was our top target, Roeder said you cant sign a player on the back of a world cup performance, shearer apparently said Kuyt was not worth a gamble, didnt Roeder check him out prior to the world cup, TRUTH= Never could afford him.

2. Roeder said he expected 2 new signings soon and he was talking to players (several weeks ago) TRUTH= you cannot talk to players without a clubs permission, and if that was the case we would know who they were. TRUTH, Roeder is a lying twat and thinks we will swallow any old bullshit.

3. TRUTH= Roeder is getting NO money, and is too scared to tackle fsat Fred about it.

4. FACT. This season will be the worst for many years, teams like spurs and bolton are ahead of us in all areas.

famous forwards attribute that.

flair player and too lightweight for the premiership tbh.

158840[/snapback]

Up against Ameobi and Luque hed look like Big al in his heyday! To be fair to him he played in the argy league for a bit and the defenders over there take no prisoners!

Why dont we stop listening to all this transfer speculation bullshit, Roeder was given the managers job cos he would be cheap, bow down to FS and not demand transfer funds, just put together the bullshit,

1. Kuyt was our top target, Roeder said you cant sign a player on the back of a world cup performance, shearer apparently said Kuyt was not worth a gamble, didnt Roeder check him out prior to the world cup, TRUTH= Never could afford him.

2. Roeder said he expected 2 new signings soon and he was talking to players (several weeks ago) TRUTH= you cannot talk to players without a clubs permission, and if that was the case we would know who they were. TRUTH, Roeder is a lying twat and thinks we will swallow any old bullshit.

3. TRUTH= Roeder is getting NO money, and is too scared to tackle fsat Fred about it.

4. FACT. This season will be the worst for many years, teams like spurs and bolton are ahead of us in all areas.

158984[/snapback]

oooh listen to him, calm down mate, i get jittery just before each season when we hear all the tranfers going in and out around the country and NUFC are never mentioned. Then as usual with 45 minutes to go all deals are done upto the deadline.

usual case. i think :( shep's likes to keep us all guessing

Guest Fog on the Tyne

Apparently his agent is in England now preparing to conduct a possible move to Arsenal and Newcastle.

Hes played for barca and  monaco in the champions league and is a regualr in the argentina team. And you guys want to turn him down for 3mil when our only fit striker is ameobi!?

Bring back souness tbh!

159253[/snapback]

Where's Leazes when people need a good sorting out :(

Guest Fog on the Tyne
Hes played for barca and  monaco in the champions league and is a regualr in the argentina team. And you guys want to turn him down for 3mil when our only fit striker is ameobi!?

Bring back souness tbh!

159253[/snapback]

I'd have him here in a second - don't think he's the finished article as of yet, but with Emre/N'zogbia/Solano threading balls through he could finally be our answer to Craig Bellamy.

With only price tag of £3-3.5m, just get him. Overatted or not, he is simply better than Ameobi (or maybe Luque as well)

159058[/snapback]

I'm available on a free.

Guest Fog on the Tyne
Wonder which one he'd choose.

159268[/snapback]

Put things into perspective - Arsenal have Henry, Adebayor, Van Persie and play European football.

Newcastle currently only have Shola (as an out and out striker) whilst probably being able to match the wages Arsenal would offer him whilst still have the option of European football.

I'm sure he'd prefer to go to a team where he has a better chance of first team football. Just my opinion like.

Guest Fog on the Tyne
Intertoto and Champions League are 2 different types of european football tbh!

159277[/snapback]

I was jumping the gun and was referring to us playing in the UEFA Cup!

Guest Fog on the Tyne

According to the Journal - we're not in for Saviola at all and the speculation is wide of the mark.