The Kids

The Fish

was watching them train today and while obviously theyre a long way off, Kazenga LuaLua, James Troisi and a central.. midfielder called Callum.... something, impressed me. Their touch and (in Troisi and Callums case) vision were a good deal above that of their team-mates. LuaLua is a carbon copy of his older brother though, head down, beating people for fun but a weak end product. There was 1 monet of genius where he beat two or three people pulled back the trigger bus slipped a pass through for a team-mate instead. Had one guy on the floor trying to block the shot and the other was just totally bamboozled, unfortunately the other player loosed a weak shot and it came to nothing.

was watching them train today and while obviously theyre a long way off, Kazenga LuaLua, James Troisi and a central.. midfielder called Callum.... something, impressed me. Their touch and (in Troisi and Callums case) vision were a good deal above that of their team-mates. LuaLua is a carbon copy of his older brother though, head down, beating people for fun but a weak end product. There was 1 monet of genius where he beat two or three people pulled back the trigger bus slipped a pass through for a team-mate instead. Had one guy on the floor trying to block the shot and the other was just totally bamboozled, unfortunately the other player loosed a weak shot and it came to nothing.

158822[/snapback]

So you're saying he's a bit of an artist then? :(

158822[/snapback]

Well that's when we play most of our games... :(

keyboard was playing up, kept opening firefowx's search function whenever I touched one of the less popular punctuations marks.. so my mind was elsewhere.

but yes he was quite the renaissance man

keyboard was playing up, kept opening firefowx's search function whenever I touched one of the less popular punctuations marks.. so my mind was elsewhere.

but yes he was quite the renaissance man

158854[/snapback]

Does he do impressions? :(

Taxi!

Is it actually Lua Luas brother or just a namesake?

158951[/snapback]

pretty sure it's brother or cousin

spit of Lomana's style

Guest Fog on the Tyne

I watched Paul Huntington earlier this season and was overly impressed with his communication skills and his ability to distribute a ball. Definitely a Woodgate type of player in terms of build and mobilty, I hope he's pushing Taylor / Bramble within the next few seasons if he is treat right by our staff.

I watched Paul Huntington earlier this season and was overly impressed with his communication skills and his ability to distribute a ball. Definitely a Woodgate type of player in terms of build and mobilty, I hope he's pushing Taylor / Bramble within the next few seasons if he is treat right by our staff.

159095[/snapback]

Hopefully Huntington can push on like Taylor, and David Edgar as well for defence, and Pattison for midfield

• 8 years later...

I bet that'll me a massive ratings boost for Sky.

To be honest, it's the first U21 fixture I've seen advertised, despite Sky making them part of the marketing campaign

:lol: Proof if it's ever needed that we can sometimes get carried away by the bairns.

Peter Beardsley's side were due to face the Potters at Macclesfield Town's Moss Rose on Friday, 14th November.

But the match has now been moved forward by 24 hours and switched to the Britannia Stadium.

The game will now be played on Thursday, 13th November with a 7pm kick-off.

So is it Thursday or Friday? Or possibly Saturday if it's "moved forward"? Must have someone in on work experience again.

• 2 years later...

NUFC youngsters to be shown live on BBC

Newcastle United have an U17s side at the Super Cup NI in Northern Ireland, with the BBC streaming the matches online.

Fans will have a chance to watch the stars of the making in action on the BBC website throughout this week.

They play Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - with those games determining who they’ll play on Thursday. They’ll also play on Friday too, if they make it to the final. Every game will be streamed live online and the times of NUFC’s games are:

• Monday: Newcastle vs County Antrim 19:30
  • Tuesday: Newcastle vs Beijing Morning Star Utd 17:00
  • Wednesday: Komazawa Uni (Japan) 19:00