Picking Paint

Jusoda Kid

Busy decorating the whole house ready for the new edition arriving. Wor lass wants the kitchen painted Roasted Red with Black shiny tiles around the usual area tiles go. I started cutting in before, reluctantly, and after I'd covered about a square metre I've decided it's going to make the kitchen, which isn't very big, resemble the devils back pocket.

It's now down to me to convince her when she gets back in that roasted red is the wrong colour for a kitchen, she's at her mates talking shite.

Can someone please confirm that roasted red is the wrong colour to paint a small kitchen that isn't the cheeriest of rooms on the best of days.

This is what it's meant to look like but when on the wall it looks like a bllod orange red:

http://www.dulux.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/s...lourNumber=3205

Guest Toplass-101

My living room is dark red, but Id not put it in a room that is too small to take the colour.

Maybe you could come to a compromise with her and suggest red tiles in the kitchen instead of red walls, and do the walls in a lighter colour.

A friend of mine has red and cream tiles, with cream walls in her kitchen and it looks nice.

Flora treatment, Wacky.  You can't paint a small room that colour.  Especially not with black tiles - Laurence Llewellyn Bowen-tastic tbh.

159037[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, the stubborn cow is sticking to her guns though, I've told her if it ends up looking like Graham Nortons arsehole after a bank holiday weekend in brighton i won't be painting it again so she'll be paying someone to do it out of her money.

Guest Toplass-101
Flora treatment, Wacky.  You can't paint a small room that colour.  Especially not with black tiles - Laurence Llewellyn Bowen-tastic tbh.

159037[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, the stubborn cow is sticking to her guns though, I've told her if it ends up looking like Graham Nortons arsehole after a bank holiday weekend in brighton i won't be painting it again so she'll be paying someone to do it out of her money.

159041[/snapback]

Under the toe, oops sorry I mean under the thumb :( you cant really be that small.

when she's out just white wash it and tell her you had a girlfriend round after after a spot of Perth Pushing she wandered into the Kitchen and farted.

safe to say you won't go back with the type of horrid slag that can fart in a Kitchen, but want to keep the white walls as a stark reminder of how bad you felt when you strayed.

It's all down to personal taste, and your lass has got none.  :(

159164[/snapback]

Hope thats not a sly dig at me you twat :o

Have to agree though, I'm gonna finish it tonight, might even take a photo.

159480[/snapback]

Just finished, it looks like fucking floor paint, it might look alright once I've tiled but I have my doubts, she's pretending she's loving it but i can see her cringeing inside ;)

Black tiles? Is this 1989?

159518[/snapback]

Looking at this paint i thinks she's having some sort of flash back to them days, I've had happy mondays on whilst painting just to keep with the flow of things.

She's 8 1/2 months pregnant, her hormones are all over the shop, would you tell her no?

Speaking of pregnancy's, the kitchen's a fucking abortion now