Fears..

Scottish Mag

Right- this is odd but heights- conditionally. I can be standing on the edge of a huge cliff looking straight down and not be bothered but shake like mad when I'm on a ladder one meter off the ground. The difference? On the cliff I'd have at least one foot on a solid surface so no problem. Same philosophy about planes- love flying, and being miles up in the air is no problem as there's something (relatively) solid underfoot. The once exception- buildings...top of the Empire State looking down was really REALLY bad.

My other fears? Spiders. On the verge of hysteria due to being bitten on the face by a brown recluse. And balloons. Hate them, simply hate them with a passion. Goes way back to when I was about 8 years old and some family members thought it would be funny to take needles and pop a shitload of balloons locked in a room with me screaming to be let out. :D

Not sure if its a phobia but I'm shit scared of anything dead.

12686[/snapback]

I'm the same. Maybe it's to do with being reminded of my own mortality or something. There's even a dead bird on the pavement near my house which is gradually decaying and for days now I've been walking on the other side of the road to get to the shops so that I don't have to walk past it. :D

Not sure if its a phobia but I'm shit scared of anything dead.

12686[/snapback]

I'm the same. Maybe it's to do with being reminded of my own mortality or something. There's even a dead bird on the pavement near my house which is gradually decaying and for days now I've been walking on the other side of the road to get to the shops so that I don't have to walk past it. :D

12696[/snapback]

I can deal with dead bodies, no problem, but i cannot go near a dead animal :angry:

Scared of flying.

Looking down from heights, but ok as long as im not near the edge :angry:

Scared of spiders (and i mean ridiculously so)

Scared of going under the water.

People with balloons. The aticipation that someone has a balloon and they are fiddling with it so it could pop scares the shit out of me. I have to leave the area they're in.

12732[/snapback]

you wouldnt llike me then :D I'm one of those 'people' who like to 'scrape' down the side of a balloon so it makes that sqeaking noise till it bursts :angry:

People with balloons. The aticipation that someone has a balloon and they are fiddling with it so it could pop scares the shit out of me. I have to leave the area they're in.

12732[/snapback]

you wouldnt llike me then :angry: I'm one of those 'people' who like to 'scrape' down the side of a balloon so it makes that sqeaking noise till it bursts :angry:

12735[/snapback]

:D Don't do it...

12732[/snapback]

you wouldnt llike me then :angry: I'm one of those 'people' who like to 'scrape' down the side of a balloon so it makes that sqeaking noise till it bursts :angry:

12735[/snapback]

:angry: Don't do it...

12736[/snapback]

I.......can't help it, im obssessed :D It works even better if the balloon is slightly wet ;)

Why are women scared of spiders ??? Yep I know if it is sudden it makes you jump, but when they just run along the floor, or are in the bath....

Used to get my dog to eat them.

One time I lifted up an old garden shed when I got a new one, and nearly dropped the old base because there was some HUGE ones underneath though......

Why are women scared of spiders ??? Yep I know if it is sudden it makes you jump, but when they just run along the floor, or are in the bath....

Used to get my dog to eat them.

One time I lifted up an old garden shed when I got a new one, and nearly dropped the old base because there was some HUGE ones underneath though......

12746[/snapback]

I think i'll leave this thread too if you have anymore horrible spider stories to tell us :angry:

I cant explain what it is, i grew up sharing a room with my sis who was petrified of them, so i guess i took after her.

I know it sounds daft, but if i go in, say, a bathroom, i can actually 'sense' the presence of a spider :D And seeing a huge black one against a white bath is the very worst!! I cant even attempt to kill them incase they move

'shudders'

I don't like heights, specifically height combined with movement. I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower and it wasn't too bad once I was up there (not great like) but on the lift journey from the middle bit to the top I wasn't feeling too clever.

I don't like heights, specifically height combined with movement. I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower and it wasn't too bad once I was up there (not great like) but on the lift journey from the middle bit to the top I wasn't feeling too clever.

12753[/snapback]

I'm not great with heights like, but I thought the middle bit of the Eiffel tower wasn't too bad. However, I didn't fancy taking the lift up to the top, so I did a Kinga.

12753[/snapback]

I'm not great with heights like, but I thought the middle bit of the Eiffel tower wasn't too bad. However, I didn't fancy taking the lift up to the top, so I did a Kinga.

12756[/snapback]

LOL :D

12753[/snapback]

12756[/snapback]

What, masturbated using a wine bottle? :D

:angry:

12753[/snapback]

12756[/snapback]

What, masturbated using a wine bottle? :D

:angry:

12758[/snapback]

And got my tits out.

Right- this is odd but heights- conditionally. I can be standing on the edge of a huge cliff looking straight down and not be bothered but shake like mad when I'm on a ladder one meter off the ground. The difference? On the cliff I'd have at least one foot on a solid surface so no problem. Same philosophy about planes- love flying, and being miles up in the air is no problem as there's something (relatively) solid underfoot. The once exception- buildings...top of the Empire State looking down was really REALLY bad.

My other fears? Spiders. On the verge of hysteria due to being bitten on the face by a brown recluse. And balloons. Hate them, simply hate them with a passion. Goes way back to when I was about 8 years old and some family members thought it would be funny to take needles and pop a shitload of balloons locked in a room with me screaming to be let out. :D

12692[/snapback]

One of these bit you on the face, i mean I'm not scared of spiders but couldn't fancy one of these bad boys taking a bit out of my face.

images6vb.jpg

Wasps, if any of those fuckers are buzzing round my head you won't see me for dust.

12779[/snapback]

Me too mate, especially in a confined area. I was once on the bus when one was buzzing around, didn't want to look soft though so sat there bricking it and sweating buckets watching its every move. Suddenly, it landed on my coat sleeve. There were two options, have a nervous breakdown and run around the bus screaming..or pass out. Instead, I swatted the bastid with my hand and killed it. I then got off the bus and had the nervous breakdown.

Insects in general I find quite scary but I have phobias of both Spiders, Moths and Wasps. Worst moment with a spider was when I was sitting on the toilet and one crept out from the sideboard and stood in the doorway. I nearly fucking fainted! I was stung by a wasp when I was only 3 or 4 and Moths are just vile creatures.

I also can't bring myself to kill an insect. I hate the fuckers with a passion but the thought of taking a piece of tissue or a rolled up newspaper and killing the things makes my stomach turn.

Wasps, if any of those fuckers are buzzing round my head you won't see me for dust.

12779[/snapback]

Me too mate, especially in a confined area. I was once on the bus when one was buzzing around, didn't want to look soft though so sat there bricking it and sweating buckets watching its every move. Suddenly, it landed on my coat sleeve. There were two options, have a nervous breakdown and run around the bus screaming..or pass out. Instead, I swatted the bastid with my hand and killed it. I then got off the bus and had the nervous breakdown.

12781[/snapback]

Christ thats just brought back some nasty memories. I used to go to college in Durham which meant an hour long bus journey there and back. Those last few weeks before we finished for the summer would be hell. Almost everyday there would be a wasp getting inside. I remember spendint he whole time watching it's every move. Most of the times somone would open a window and they would get back out.