Fears..

Scottish Mag

i'm scared of Wasps and Bee's

got stung in the mouth when i was young un, so you can see why to this day i was a bit scared

was sat in Wetherspoons in Durham on me birthday couple of weeks ago, and there is this fucking wasp flying round the table and why is there usually some twat there who says "if you leave it alone it will leave you alone", well i was shitting myself and it flew about an inch from my nose, i thought fuck this tried to flap it with my hand didnt quite get it right and the fucker stung me on my finger, on my fucking birthday the bastard!

it isnt half has bad as been stung in the mouth, i spent the neck hour squeezing me finger and putting Vingar on it

and yes the old woman was there in the corner, "if you'd left it alone....?", i was in pain so reacted with "Fuck off" :D

Mags, it's not that odd, I've got a similar fear of heights, (although I'm okay with tall buildings). I think I'm over it now, but I haven't been up any tall ladders for a while, so maybe I'm not.

Vibrating phones always make me the hairs on my neck stand up - I think it has something to do with a girl I went out with a few years ago. When things were going down the pan I started to dread her phone calls, and so each time my mobile vibrated I panicked....I haven't seen her for about a year but the fear of vibrating phones remains!

Those green laser things that some dance acts have - at squarepusher at glastonbury I was in a vulnerable state and those things scared the bejeezuz out of me. I refused to go into a tent that had them at Benicassim.

Not sure if its a phobia but I'm shit scared of anything dead.

12686[/snapback]

I'm the same. Maybe it's to do with being reminded of my own mortality or something. There's even a dead bird on the pavement near my house which is gradually decaying and for days now I've been walking on the other side of the road to get to the shops so that I don't have to walk past it. :D

12696[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Wasps=Evil bastards

Only been stung once. I was out on my bike a couple of years back when what i thought was a stone hitting me in the eyelid turned out to be a wasp clinging on for dear life stinging me like it was going out of fashion. Thing is this was early October so i had my gloves on which in turn meant it took me what seemed like an age to get the little bastard off, all this whilst doing 20mph, one handed down a busy road at tea time, the fucka could have killed me. :D

Strange thing about heights, I have no fear of heights, only of falling from them :angry:

I'll happily stand gazing down from any height as long as there is a barrier or rail to stop me falling but get me within 6 yds of a cliff edge or something and I'd pass out :D

Strange thing about heights, I have no fear of heights, only of falling from them  :D

12830[/snapback]

Shouldn't worry too much about the fall mate, it's the landing I'd worry about.

Flying, absolutely can not stand it. I get valium if I'm flying anywhere and even then I'm still extremely nervous. It's a result of being on a plane once and not long after take off we had to land again 'cause the engine was fecked.. I was sitting by the window and I think it was the sight of 3 fire engines waiting for the plane that did it for me. I was about 6 at the time, I quite liked flying until then.

Also, embarassingly enough, I am quite scared of the dark - I can't walk around the house at night without switching the lights on, I freak myself out..

Strange thing about heights, I have no fear of heights, only of falling from them  :angry:

I'll happily stand gazing down from any height as long as there is a barrier or rail to stop me falling but get me within 6 yds of a cliff edge or something and I'd pass out  :angry:

12830[/snapback]

That's pretty much me.

We used to live on the 11th floor of a block flats and during one particular spell of high winds I was sat watching TV when I noticed that my knees, and ergo, the building were swaying ever so slightly. :D

Not a fan of rats, so would always keep away from anything to do with them. Makes my skin absolutely crawl when you see people of telly or whatever happily letting one of the horrible creatures run around all over them.

I'm really struggling to find something "real" that I have a fear of. Obviously if someone came at me with a knife, I'd probably have fear then. Or if I was being chased by a lion.....

As for "real" things though, not sure I'm that afraid of anything (apart from rejection I guess)

Horses

They are beutiful animals but just shit scared of em.

The heights thing, I once got told Vertigo isnt the fear of heights as such, its the urge to jump from them.

12866[/snapback]

I know what you mean, black horses used to scare me, I remember being shit scared of the Lloyds bank advert when I was little, I used to think that the black horse was chasing me.

Horses

They are beutiful animals but just shit scared of em.

The heights thing, I once got told Vertigo isnt the fear of heights as such, its the urge to jump from them.

12866[/snapback]

I know what you mean, black horses used to scare me, I remember being shit scared of the Lloyds bank advert when I was little, I used to think that the black horse was chasing me.

12884[/snapback]

:D:angry::angry::angry:

I always fear being sick.. When I start to feel a bit rough I ALWAYS fear actually being sick rather than the feeling.. Most people say that it's the feeling sick that's the worst, rather than actually being sick.. But not for me.

Also when anybody else is sick it makes me feel terrible..

I can relate to the dead animals thing. I've never been scared of dead humans even when one lady that I was laying out at work once was sick all over me when we moved her to put a clean nightdress on her. But I have real trouble with dead insects and birds etc. I hate finding dead wasps or flies on the windowsill cos I end up leaving it there for ages cos I break out in a cold sweat when I know I have to move it. One of the cats brought a dead bird into the kitchen once and sat on it in the corner for ages. I didn't realise what it was and thought it was a sock they'd brought downstairs off the washing pile. When I went to pick it up and realised what it was I nearly passed out.

I freak out at stray balloons too and especially when they're in the hands of children.

As for heights - I'm fine if there's a barrier, but if it's an open space then I always feel the need to jump :D

I always fear being sick.. When I start to feel a bit rough I ALWAYS fear actually being sick rather than the feeling.. Most people say that it's the feeling sick that's the worst, rather than actually being sick.. But not for me.

Also when anybody else is sick it makes me feel terrible. .

12899[/snapback]

aye definitely that one !

I can relate to the dead animals thing.  I've never been scared of dead humans even when one lady that I was laying out at work once was sick all over me when we moved her to put a clean nightdress on her.  But I have real trouble with dead insects and birds etc.  I hate finding dead wasps or flies on the windowsill cos I end up leaving it there for ages cos I break out in a cold sweat when I know I have to move it.  One of the cats brought a dead bird into the kitchen once and sat on it in the corner for ages.  I didn't realise what it was and thought it was a sock they'd brought downstairs off the washing pile.  When I went to pick it up and realised what it was I nearly passed out.

I freak out at stray balloons too and especially when they're in the hands of children.

As for heights - I'm fine if there's a barrier, but if it's an open space then I always feel the need to jump  :angry:

12925[/snapback]

God, that makes me feel quite sick :D My family think im odd, i deal with dead humans on a fairly regular basis, but like you i cant even get rid of a dead insect on the windowsill. We once had a huge dead bluebottle fly on the kitchen sill for months, i just couldnt move it, i had to clean around it.

Got up one morning and found one of our hamsters dead with her head poking out of her little window in her house :angry: She was stiff and stuck, i just couldnt do it, i could not sort it out even though my son was little and really upset. Had to wait for hubby to get up and get her out.