Official Newcastle 1 v 1 Lillestrom Thread

khay

St James' Park

Saturday, 15 July

Kick-off: 1700 BST

Updates on BBC Five Live and this website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi is fit to start in the club's Intertoto Cup opener against Lillestrom on Saturday.

With Alan Shearer retired and Michael Owen injured, Ameobi is the club's only recognised frontman and has recovered from a long-standing hip problem.

Kieron Dyer is still struggling with hamstring and back problems.

Craig Moore will not return to training until Monday after his World Cup exploits and Jean-Alain Boumsong has been given a fortnight off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle (from): Given, Harper, Carr, Bramble, Taylor, Ramage, Elliott, Babayaro, Parker, Butt, Faye, Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Milner, O'Brien, Pattison, Ameobi, Luque.

I think it might look something like this.

Given

Carr   Taylor  Bramble  Babayaro

Solano Parker  Emre N'Zogbia 

Shola  Milner

Luque will play a part in the second half. But I expect him to use all the subs since they are lacking match practice.

Start of the new season all ready! :(:D

Edited by khay

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Luque?

I wouldn't be surprised.  :(

159703[/snapback]

I just think he might have started will milner after saying that he looks the sharpest from pre-season training.

I expect Luque to get a good half hour at least though. :D

Guest Fog on the Tyne
Is it on telly anywhere. I got tickets then went and invited me mum and dad up for the weekend had to send them to me brother.

159688[/snapback]

Sentata have it on.

Sentata have it on.

159714[/snapback]

No, I'm pretty sure that's only the away leg. Radio coverage on Century is the best I can find so far.

I bet they're quaking in their boots looking at that line-up.

159716[/snapback]

It's not that bad a line-up. It's our first-choice midfield and defence, and Ameobi has a good record in Europe. I'm optimistic Luque will do okay as well.

Not good enough for the league, but should be more than enough for tomorrow.

Is it on telly anywhere. I got tickets then went and invited me mum and dad up for the weekend had to send them to me brother.

159688[/snapback]

Sentata have it on.

159714[/snapback]

its not on tv but you can pay on the door

159688[/snapback]

Sentata have it on.

159714[/snapback]

its not on tv but you can pay on the door

159962[/snapback]

All though the dress code is shoes, pants and swanky shirt or you’re not getting in! :(

Will stay up and wait for scores via livescore.com but we need to get off to a good start and win comfortably so we can head into Europe for sure. We dont need another Partizan Belgrade like situation...

Im optimistic that Luque will score tonight and hopefully he will do the job for the rest of the year. I also hope the fans dont get on his back straight away and give him the encouragment they will be giving the other players including Butt aswell. Or am i just being daft Aussie?

great nufc world isnt even carrying audio commontary for this game

159979[/snapback]

You can listen to it live at www.100centuryfm.com. You have to register if you haven't already, but it's free, and can be listened to outside of the UK.