Roeder eyes sensational Del boy swoop

Emre

Glenn Roeder is lining up a sensational swoop for Alessandro Del Piero after confirming he is monitoring the situation in Italy. 

Roeder is still searching high and low trying to find the two strikers he desperately needs and has admitted he could be ready to take advantage of the match fixing scandal that has rocked Italian football.

Juve are set to spend at least one season in Serie B following their involvement in the scandal and Roeder could be ready to hand Del Piero an escape route away from the troubled Turin outfit.

Juve will be forced to cut costs and a number of top stars are set to move on over the coming weeks. Roeder says he will be in the hunt but fears he may struggle convincing the likes of Del Piero to complete the switch to St James Park.

"Yes we are monitoring the situation in Italy, but we are looking everywhere," the gaffer confirmed. "The biggest concern is we would be taking a player from one of the world's giants who play Champions League football regularly.

"We need to find out whether coming here would appear to be a step down. I need to know whether they have got the motivation and desire to play like they did.

"So I have to tread carefully to see if a player is highly motivated."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_details....&l_id=1&t_id=52

Based on everything Roeder has had to say about not wanting millionaire stars or people with no premiership experience etc, if there is any truth in this it sounds like a Freddy Shepherd signing to me.

Quality player, but I very much doubt he'd be a prolific goal-scorer in the Premiership. Spends too much time on the ball for me...still wouldn't say no to signing him, like :( But it's just more bullshit speculation.

Quality player, but I very much doubt he'd be a prolific goal-scorer in the Premiership. Spends too much time on the ball for me...still wouldn't say no to signing him, like :D But it's just more bullshit speculation.

160197[/snapback]

To be honest, he's only really had two good seasons in his entire career. Don't think there's a chance of us ever being in for him.

If you want to know who we're really looking at, look no further than a certain ex Liverpool striker who is on the move shortly :(

Quality player, but I very much doubt he'd be a prolific goal-scorer in the Premiership. Spends too much time on the ball for me...still wouldn't say no to signing him, like :D But it's just more bullshit speculation.

160197[/snapback]

To be honest, he's only really had two good seasons in his entire career. Don't think there's a chance of us ever being in for him.

If you want to know who we're really looking at, look no further than a certain ex Liverpool striker who is on the move shortly :(

160199[/snapback]

Ian Rush again?

Guest Fog on the Tyne
Baros or Shola? Baros might not be class, but atleast he will be much better than what we have.

160203[/snapback]

Shola. Cheaper wages and doesn't sulk.

Baros?  Where did you hear that?

160201[/snapback]

A source :(

tbh though, I was told it would be in the papers today, so it might just be bollocks :D

160202[/snapback]

Sounds realistic like, but I'd be pretty underwhelmed with it.

160201[/snapback]

tbh though, I was told it would be in the papers today, so it might just be bollocks :D

160202[/snapback]

160206[/snapback]

How about a partnership with Anelka, with SWP on the right?

didnt del piero play here in a pre season friendly a few years back?

Am sure the fans gave him a standing ovation every time he touched the ball and afterwards he said the fans were amazing

??

Edited by Lazarus

Am sure the fans gave him a standing ovation every time he touched the ball and afterwards he said the fans were amazing

??

160208[/snapback]

About 8 years ago, yes.

He's not quite the player he was back then though. Oh, and we actually won that game didn't we? :(

160201[/snapback]

160202[/snapback]

160206[/snapback]

How about a partnership with Anelka, with SWP on the right?

160207[/snapback]

If Anelka and SWP came I'd be pretty happy. Is that something else you've heard like?

token signing to appease the fans tbh.

not the striker, centre half or fullback we need.

oh and I don't want Anelka, it makes me laugh that the fans clamouring for the back of Dyer, Bellamy etc. because of their attitude seem to be the same who want the biggest ego in football

??

160208[/snapback]

About 8 years ago, yes.

He's not quite the player he was back then though. Oh, and we actually won that game didn't we? :(

160209[/snapback]

It was 3 yrs ago in the Champions league apparantley

??

160208[/snapback]

About 8 years ago, yes.

160209[/snapback]

I remember it, We played a friendly at Juventus one year for some sort of celebration, a centenary or something and for some reason i have it in my mind that they wore away shirts that were almost pink!!!

Then later they played a friendly at St. James and Del Piero went off late in the match and was given a standing ovation and after the match said the fans were amazing and who knows, later in his career if he came to England he'd like to play for NUFC.

Of course we won't actually be signing him for many reasons, but the above did all happen.

??

160208[/snapback]

About 8 years ago, yes.

160209[/snapback]

It was 3 yrs ago in the Champions league apparantley

160216[/snapback]

The pre-season friendly wasn't, Hamann scored a screamer for us. That was about 8 years ago.

The longer this goes on the more ridiculous the decision not to sign hasslebaink on a free for a year seems. He was boros top scorer last season, always gives 100percent and he was free!

160250[/snapback]

I know it was a good idea but i dont really think he wanted to join us. :(