Kuyt ready to decide his future

khay

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt is poised to finally decide his future after being linked with a move to Liverpool.

Kuyt, 25, has asked for time off to make a final decision on whether to quit the club, and recently revealed Liverpool had made an approach.

Holland's £10m-rated World Cup star has also been a target for Newcastle.

He told Dutch sports paper AD Sportwereld: "I have an arrangement with coach Erwin Koeman that I can take some days to think about my future."

Liverpool's move for Kuyt appears to depend on whether they can clinch a deal for Sevilla's Brazilian right-sided player Daniel Alves.

Sevilla are demanding £12m, which would virtually exhaust manager Rafael Benitez's transfer budget.

If he pulls out of a move and switches attention to Birmingham City's Jermaine Pennant, he could then have enough cash to fund a move for Kuyt.

Kuyt said recently: "The Feyenoord president has informed me of a new approach from last year's European champions.

"I am happy at Feyenoord but would like to play in the Premier League."

He added: "Last year that was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."

The Dutchman, who is under contract until 2009, has scored 71 goals in 101 games for Feyenoord but has consistently been priced out of a move by his club.

He said: "It is out of my hands. I have several opportunities but it is now down to Feyenoord."

The forward began his career at FC Utrecht in 1998 before moving to Feyenoord in 2003.

Still on then?

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt is poised to finally decide his future after being linked with a move to Liverpool.

Kuyt, 25, has asked for time off to make a final decision on whether to quit the club, and recently revealed Liverpool had made an approach.

Holland's £10m-rated World Cup star has also been a target for Newcastle.

He told Dutch sports paper AD Sportwereld: "I have an arrangement with coach Erwin Koeman that I can take some days to think about my future."

Liverpool's move for Kuyt appears to depend on whether they can clinch a deal for Sevilla's Brazilian right-sided player Daniel Alves.

Sevilla are demanding £12m, which would virtually exhaust manager Rafael Benitez's transfer budget.

If he pulls out of a move and switches attention to Birmingham City's Jermaine Pennant, he could then have enough cash to fund a move for Kuyt.

Kuyt said recently: "The Feyenoord president has informed me of a new approach from last year's European champions.

"I am happy at Feyenoord but would like to play in the Premier League."

He added: "Last year that was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."

The Dutchman, who is under contract until 2009, has scored 71 goals in 101 games for Feyenoord but has consistently been priced out of a move by his club.

He said: "It is out of my hands. I have several opportunities but it is now down to Feyenoord."

The forward began his career at FC Utrecht in 1998 before moving to Feyenoord in 2003.

Still on then?

160510[/snapback]

i cant see us having a chance of getting him ahead of liverpool

Why the fuck do Liverpool want a new striker when they've just bought one?  :D

160543[/snapback]

Maybe Bellamy's been letting his mouth go, and he's on his way out already?

160548[/snapback]

They only have Bellamy, Crouch and a 30+ striker called Fowler. :(

160543[/snapback]

160548[/snapback]

160553[/snapback]

You only need one striker at a club though, shirley?

160543[/snapback]

160548[/snapback]

160553[/snapback]

160559[/snapback]

I would say half a striker could do a job like!

Why the fuck do Liverpool want a new striker when they've just bought one?  :P

160543[/snapback]

160548[/snapback]

They only have Bellamy, Crouch and a 30+ striker called Fowler. :rolleyes:

160553[/snapback]

160559[/snapback]

I would say half a striker could do a job like!

160562[/snapback]

We'll soon have to find out ;)

Why the fuck do Liverpool want a new striker when they've just bought one?  ;)

160543[/snapback]

They were saying on Talksport yesterday that Benitez has hinted that another striker will be coming in - they were strongly suggesting that was likely to be Torres or Trezeguet though...

Hope it's trezuguet. He's one of the most over rated players out there.

If this happens and  we get Kuyt and Saviola then we are a shoe in for 4th spot or better.

160728[/snapback]

Hope your right, 4th spot ;)

Guest Fog on the Tyne
We don't want Kuyt, he's foreign.

160733[/snapback]

No, Shearer doesn't want Kuyt. We do what Mr. Newcastle United says.

If this happens and  we get Kuyt and Saviola then we are a shoe in for 4th spot or better.

160728[/snapback]

;) ssshhhh. I made that same mistake last month and was told that he is in fact second only to pele! I still think hes shite but tbf you cant argue with his scoring stats!

Dirk Kuyt's agent has insisted that he is not in talks with Liverpool or any other clubs.

The Feyenoord striker is the subject of constant speculation about his future at De Kuip.

Liverpool and Newcastle are just two of a host of clubs understood to be monitoring Kuyt's situation.

However, Rob Jansen insists no talks are taking place with any side and they would not unless anyone agreed terms firstly with Feyenoord.

"No, absolutely not," he told Algemeen Dagblad when asked if Kuyt was set to sign for Liverpool.

When asked if he was in talks, he replied: "No and also not with any other English club.

"If a foreign side not want to pay the demanded fee, Dirk will stay at Feyenoord. It's that simple. The club and the player has excellent agreements.

"It's know many clubs are interested. However this isn't concrete, all stories are just speculation."

160728[/snapback]

Aye 90 something goals in a 150 games for Juve really is shite, oh and let's not forget a better goal to game ratio than Henry for France ;)

160728[/snapback]

Aye 90 something goals in a 150 games for Juve really is shite, oh and let's not forget a better goal to game ratio than Henry for France ;)

161975[/snapback]

We dont know how many of the 90 were down to Dodgy offsides in Serie A though. ;)

However i do agree that Trezeguet will score goals were ever he is.

160728[/snapback]

161975[/snapback]

We dont know how many of the 90 were down to Dodgy offsides in Serie A though. ;)

However i do agree that Trezeguet will score goals were ever he is.

161978[/snapback]

He's not the same player he was at Monaco, where he was a better all round player, really in the same way as what's happened to Owen due to some long-term injuries, but the fact that his job is to score goals, and he's guranteed to do that.

Dirk Kuyt has returned to training with Feyenoord determined not to let speculation about his future affect him.

The Holland international has been the subject of interest from several Premiership clubs, and, in turn, has spoken of a strong desire to ply his trade on English shores.

Liverpool are thought to be at the head of the queue for his services but the likes of Newcastle and Arsenal have also been linked with possible approaches.

While his future in his homeland remains very much one open to speculation, Kuyt insists that, whilst he stays at Feyenoord, he will continue to give his utmost.

''I join the group with good feeling,'' said Kuyt to AD Sportwereld.

''I don't want to celebrate on holiday any longer.

''For example, now I start at the same time as the internationals of PSV.

''For the rest of it, we will have to wait to see if anything will happen. If not, then I want to have another good season with Feyenoord.''