Seven could be Luque number

Scottish Mag

Albert Luque is hoping it is a case of lucky No 7 after scoring against Lillestrom in Saturday's 1-1 InterToto Cup draw at St James' Park.

The Spanish international played alongside James Milner in a makeshift attack, and the pair combined for a crucial equaliser.

It was Luque's second consecutive competitive goal after he scored on his last appearance against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, and of course he also found the net against Celtic in Alan Shearer's testimonial match.

And the strike came just days after Luque - who had endured a dismal first season on Tyneside - swapped his No 20 jersey for Jermaine Jenas' old shirt.

Luque said: "I'm happy to have scored the goal - maybe the new shirt will bring me some luck.

"Last season, the No 20 was not good for me. I got the injury in my second game, and it was a tough season. Now I have the No 7 shirt, hopefully things will be better for

me now." It took Luque and his team-mates a good 30 minutes to get into the game, and only in the second half did United assert their superiority.

Newcastle now go into the second leg in Oslo with their hopes of progressing into the UEFA Cup in the balance.

Luque added: "It was a tough game for us, but we knew it would be.

"Lillestrom are well into their season, so their fitness was always going to be better than ours.

"We knew that before the game, but we're happy because we got stronger as the game went on.

"We were disappointed at half-time because they were stronger than us.

"But in the second half we picked it up and, after we scored the equaliser, we always wanted to go on and win the tie.

"A 1-1 draw is not bad for us - though of course it would have been nice to win - but we'll go to Norway full of confidence and we know what we have to do.

"We know how important the game is, because it's the ambition of every one of us to get the club into Europe again in the new season."

Guest Fog on the Tyne

Kieron Dyer, Jermaine Jenas and now Luque have all worn the number 7 shirt and have failed to live up to the standards set by Rob Lee.

Fuck off Luque.

Kieron Dyer, Jermaine Jenas and now Luque have all worn the number 7 shirt and have failed to live up to the standards set by Rob Lee.

Fuck off Luque.

160787[/snapback]

Yep thats right, lets boot out the only player that looks like scoring.

oh yeah and we've only got two considered strikers.

Hhhmm, wise move !

Fuck off Luque.

160787[/snapback]

why don't you fuck off?

Guest Fog on the Tyne

Fuck off Luque.

160787[/snapback]

why don't you fuck off?

160939[/snapback]

I'm not on over-rated lousy international footballer that is taking Newcastle United for a ride.

Fuck off Luque.

160787[/snapback]

why don't you fuck off?

160939[/snapback]

Funny how you say the same about Ameobi though.

Fuck off Luque.

160787[/snapback]

why don't you fuck off?

160939[/snapback]

160998[/snapback]

;) Good point.

Fuck off Luque.

160787[/snapback]

why don't you fuck off?

160939[/snapback]

160998[/snapback]

knew someone would say that ;)

Luque hasn't been given a proper chance yet at this club... whilst the other one has had more than his fair share to show us he's a waste of space :rolleyes:

Fuck off Luque.

160787[/snapback]

why don't you fuck off?

160939[/snapback]

160998[/snapback]

knew someone would say that ;)

Luque hasn't been given a proper chance yet at this club... whilst the other one has had more than his fair share to show us he's a waste of space :rolleyes:

161007[/snapback]

Ameobi is the best striker currently at the club though. You need to be blaming the board/manager for that fact, not the guy himself.

Rob Lee set a good standard at No 7.  Luque could be better given the chance this season?

160803[/snapback]

Err, no. ;)

160884[/snapback]

So thats your argument then? Great stuff!

Rob Lee set a good standard at No 7.  Luque could be better given the chance this season?

160803[/snapback]

Err, no. ;)

160884[/snapback]

161021[/snapback]

If you think that Luque will come anywhere near Rob Lee in what he's given to the club, then you're a daft twat.

Shearer set a good standard at No 9. Shola could be better given the chance this season?

160803[/snapback]

Err, no. ;)

160884[/snapback]

161021[/snapback]

If you think that Luque will come anywhere near Rob Lee in what he's given to the club, then you're a daft twat.

Shearer set a good standard at No 9. Shola could be better given the chance this season?

161026[/snapback]

You set such a great point my friend, I wish I was so bright like you.

Shola is NO WHERE near the standard as Wor Al. Never will be either.

Luque on the other hand has the potential to become a good player. He has shown what he can do whilst playing for Deportivo La Coruna. Rob Lee was one of my fave players. Had a great engine, great passer and scored some great goals, always tried 100%. Luque hasnt really got going as a Newcastle player yet.

Shola is NO WHERE near the standard as Wor Al.  Never will be either. 

I think that was the point.

161042[/snapback]

Yes and it was a shite example marra.

We have seen Shola v Shearer but we havent seen what a fully fit Luque can offer the Toon. We have seen him in a Deportivo La Coruna shirt and I for one was impressed.