Migraines

Hatful Of Hollow

I'm currently recovering from one that started last night, wasn't as bad some of the one's I get but still knacked.

I didn't manage to get any sleep on Sunday night due to the heat, had a few hours kip at about 1. Then it started at around 8, the aura phase, when my vision goes funny, and then the intense pain in one side of my head.

I tend get them in the Summer like, does anyone else suffer from these?

Yeah, I used to get them a lot more when I was a kid, but I still get them from time to time. They're awful. ;)

If I let my blood sugar get low (eat lunch any later than about half 12 and I'm screwed for the day) or don't get a decent night's sleep, I'm pretty much guaranteed a steaming headache too.

Runs in Mrs W's family - a real bugger

Red wine, bright lights didn't do her any favours

She had some drugs that kept the pain away but even so..............

these days she seems to be over the worst but its a bugger

If I let my blood sugar get low (eat lunch any later than about half 12 and I'm screwed for the day) or don't get a decent night's sleep, I'm pretty much guaranteed a steaming headache too.

161121[/snapback]

I'm like that if I don't have enough water during the day. Generally need to take on board at least a couple of pints otherwise my head is thumping.

Thankfully I have a cooler plugged in just behind me ;)

I've never been able to explain mine like. *touchwood* it's been a while, but they used to be awful. Get the whole eye bit, that would go, then I'd get the fucking worst heedache ever, then I'd have to go to bed, as I'd be voilently sick for the next few hours, with sleep rests in between. On a couple of occasions I was completely numb aswell, felt paralysed.

Current(ish) research that I read about said that migraines are caused by swelling of the arteries in the skull. Heat and/or other blood-flow related issues will exacerbate them. The future Mrs. suffers from them as well. Buggered up many a day's plans. ;)

I've been having trouble sleeping with stomach problems, went to the Dr who says I've burned my stomach lining with the curry I had last week.  :rolleyes:

161141[/snapback]

So that's what was propelling you around the 5-a-side court so bloody quickly then? ;)

Get them but not as bad as I used to thanks to some loverly meds. Time was about 6 years ago where I'd get 3-4 a week and be out of commission on the days I didn't just recovering. Kick in the head feeling doesn't quite sum it up.

I used to get them quite often but I know the triggers now....dairy products, chocolate and bright lights ( I always turn all the lights off at work)...only thing to do was retire to my bed, pull down my black out blind and wait it out... ;)

My brother has always got them but he started getting them daily about a year ago. Went to the quacks who upped his medication but it still didn't help. Anyway, guy came to service his gas fire and told him he was lucky to be alive seeing as it was emmiting carbon minoxide like nobodies business! ;)

Migraleaves are pretty effective if you take them as soon as you feel one coming on.

My GP prescribed Amitriptyline as a prevention rather than cure approach, but they made me feel that flat I stopped taking them.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

My ex used to get severe migraines, ended up having a brain problem that needed surgery ;)

162355[/snapback]

She dumped you shortly after they cured her brain problem, presumably?

My ex used to get severe migraines, ended up having a brain problem that needed surgery ;)

162355[/snapback]

She dumped you shortly after they cured her brain problem, presumably?

162357[/snapback]

Purely coincidental! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I've never been able to explain mine like. *touchwood* it's been a while, but they used to be awful. Get the whole eye bit, that would go, then I'd get the fucking worst heedache ever, then I'd have to go to bed, as I'd be voilently sick for the next few hours, with sleep rests in between. On a couple of occasions I was completely numb aswell, felt paralysed.

161132[/snapback]

Fucking Jinxed myself. Worst one ever yesterday. Still feel gammy today. :(

I've been having trouble sleeping with stomach problems, went to the Dr who says I've burned my stomach lining with the curry I had last week.  :(

161141[/snapback]

Whats he like in person? :(

I used to geth them awful.

The worst one i ever had is when i didnt know what its was.

My vision was all of the shop, my hands were numb and my head was killing.

I couldnt speak - i was 15 wandering around in Durham.;

Every time i passed a friend i was shit scared and tried to explain but it just came out 'mmghghgh'.

I collapsed in Durham park and was sick - the sick that came out was bright pink ffs!!

I tried to get the bus home- couldnt see - covered in pink sick - i asked a woman to let me off an my stop - '''Mmghghghgh shhttp''

I passed out on the bus and woke up in stanlwy - ages from home - having never been there before - i was wandering round like a mad man - i could even get my bag off my back without spazzing about - then i was crying hyterically being 15 i wasnt that hard like - or not in that situation.

I ended up finding a phone box and rang home about a thousand times describing where i was - what i could see of it - ended up getting to a doctor - filled with pills and jammed in my room spewing everywhere :(

The pills they gave me were so strong that i pretty much passed out :(

Migraleaves are pretty effective if you take them as soon as you feel one coming on.

My GP prescribed Amitriptyline as a prevention rather than cure approach, but they made me feel that flat I stopped taking them.

161836[/snapback]

bump

I think you can get these without a prescription now - you still have to sign some form tho'.........................

Migraleve and Imagren are the things - butthey can leave you "flat" as the good Dr says

161836[/snapback]

bump

I think you can get these without a prescription now - you still have to sign some form tho'.........................

Migraleve and Imagren are the things - butthey can leave you "flat" as the good Dr says

180513[/snapback]

'I wont kill myself - Honest''

Singed so & so.... :(

If i was gonna top myself id head stright for those cunts - about 18-20 woulkd so the job easy.

well they're better than the migraine according to Mrs W

A couple of years ago she had to go in for some (unrelated) day surgery. The anaesthetic brought on a MONSTER migraine and I was called from the hospital - they were seriously worried.

I went in, took a look and said I'd seen it before and she'd be better off at home. So they made me sign a release, we loaded her into a wheel chair and set off for the front door - they then objected that I couldn't take her through A&E "looking like that" as "people will think that's what she looks like after treatment here".

There was some justice in their point - she looked absolutely GRIM

So it was arranged that I could bring the car round to the back door and take her out that way....................... 2 days before she was up & about