Transfer Inquiry Reports - Response

Scottish Mag

FURTHER to an article published by a national Sunday newspaper at the weekend claiming Newcastle United were one of five clubs under scrutiny in a Premier League transfer inquiry, the club has issued the following statement:

"As we stressed when contacted at the weekend, we have always co-operated fully with the Premier League inquiry and we will happily continue to do so.

"As far as Newcastle United is concerned, we have no concerns about any such investigation.

"We would also like to make it clear that after consultation with the Premier League we are unaware of any club being singled out for further investigation."

Don't all agents take a fee from transfers ??

161240[/snapback]

No.

161241[/snapback]

You may wish to revise your answer, as you can see, although frowned upon, its common practice:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5175870.stm

League hails cut in agents' fees

Agents fees have been cut

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney has praised the reduction that clubs have made in payments to agents.

In total, £7.66m was handed to players' representatives last season, a fall of £160,000 on the previous 12 months, according to a Football League report.

Lord Mawhinney said: "It is encouraging that clubs spent £160,000 less on payments to agents than was the case last year.

"I hope the regular, half-yearly publication of these fees has helped."

Lord Mawhinney expressed his concerns in July 2005 that too much transfer cash was being siphoned off by agents in transfer dealings.

But since then the League has moved to tighten up the way payments are made in an effort to bring more transparency to the game.

The League already obliges its member clubs in the Championship and League One and Two to produce a list every six months of payments to agents.

And they hope two other changes will lead to an even greater reduction in agents' fees.

Firstly, there will be no "dual representation" - an agent will have to represent either the club or the player.

I applaud clubs for their willingness to enter into this debate and for making changes that will deliver greater levels of transparency and integrity to transfer negotiations.

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney

Secondly, agents will no longer be able to pass on to clubs the costs of representing a player.

Lord Mawhinney added: "I applaud clubs for their willingness to enter into this debate and for making changes that will deliver greater levels of transparency and integrity to transfer negotiations.

"Publication certainly has been a catalyst for a wider debate about the role of agents in football.

"In turn, this has paved the way for the League to introduce new regulations governing how agents' operate."

Leeds were the Football League's biggest spenders with an outlay of £604,800, closely followed by Southampton with £575,000.

Oxford, who were relegated from the Football League in May, spent more on fees than any other club in League Two, paying £15,800.

I was referring to McKay pocketing money from the transfer fee.

161249[/snapback]

OK, got some evidence ?

Guest Fog on the Tyne

161249[/snapback]

OK, got some evidence ?

161251[/snapback]

Yes - when Newcastle are done for dodgy transfer dealings by the FA.

161249[/snapback]

OK, got some evidence ?

161251[/snapback]

Yes - when Newcastle are done for dodgy transfer dealings by the FA.

161252[/snapback]

Ok Crimson, so thats a no then is it ?