Pilot lands his F111 without the undercarriage

Lazarus

see

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=771617

which covers the story and various reasons why its unlikely...........

The yanks and the Russians also have "sniffer" programs that check on radioactity in the atmosphere - no report from them

I'd guess it was maybe a meteorite strike in Oz - only Richter 3.6

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see

The yanks and the Russians also have "sniffer" programs that check on radioactity in the atmosphere - no report from them

162001[/snapback]

Another message board concludes it didn't happen, conclusive proof then. ;) The best part is you'd clearly never even heard of the incident and dismissed it anyway. I've got no idea if it happened but at least I'd read about it a while ago rather than frantically googling and then claiming to be some sort of expert on the incident. Classic Berb tbh ;)

Edited by alex

Why did they set it off in the outback of Australia and not Tokyo then? Got to say this sounds a bit far fetched imo.

162006[/snapback]

Supposedly, it was a test.

see

162001[/snapback]

Another message board concludes it didn't happen, conclusive proof then. ;) The best part is you'd clearly never even heard of the incident and dismissed it anyway. I've got no idea if it happened but at least I'd read about it a while ago rather than frantically googling and then claiming to be some sort of expert on the incident. Classic Berb tbh ;)

162005[/snapback]

No-

based on my wide knowledge of the detection of N tests by seismic and other methods I said I didn't think ANY test could escape detection - doesn't matter where it is

and the reasoning on the other board was quite reasonable I thought

Of course the Ouja Board enthusiasts on here never like it when the cold light of science is shone on their idiot ideas .................... but I feel I have a duty, almost a calling TBH, to uphold the vaules of the Renaissance and scientific enquiry

So I'm not going away....................................................

So if no test could escape detection, why was the matter raised in the US Senate and a major investigation undertaken? Just doing it for a laugh were they?

Because the US Senate is full of people like you.....................

162102[/snapback]

An undetected nuclear explosion (i.e. not detected by the US Military) was considered a possibility by people who are expert in this field though Rob (i.e. not you).

to be fair though alex, I wouldn't have used the US Senate as exemplars of investigation

162113[/snapback]

Fair do's but you know what I mean. I was going to mention Australian scientists but that would have made an even less convincing argument ;)

The possibility of this being a nuclear device was fairly widely reported and looked into though. Could have saved themselves the bother and just phoned Rob though eh? ;)

Just curious Rob,

my sister is well into ghosts and the paranormal etc. have you in your years of expertise in various fields come across any sort of proof one wy or the other, so that I can finally shut her up about Most fucking Haunted?

Just curious Rob,

my sister is well into ghosts and the paranormal etc. have you in your years of expertise in various fields come across any sort of proof one wy or the other, so that I can finally shut her up about Most fucking Haunted?

162125[/snapback]

Rob doesn't deal in proof - he just knows

Just curious Rob,

162125[/snapback]

My sister in law, a supposedly intelligent woman, cites that as her favourite program and genuinely "believes" it.

Of course, there is no way to prove ghosts don't exist, but I should think the onus should be on the believers to prove they do.

Btw, did anyone see Beany on Property ladder yesterday? Jesus wept @ that daft hippie woman.

"was considered a possibility by people who are expert in this field"

name them

162149[/snapback]

Google wars is it? ;) If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself.

Yeah i think i heard about the bomb in the middle of the outback story but i dont know if it is true or not but it wouldnt surprise me. I mean all you will kill out there is cane toads so i dont think anyone cares. Oh and maybe a few remote tribes out there...

Not taking the piss like, but I would have thought the Aussies would have been better informed as to whether some Japs have/haven't been detonating nuclear bombs in their own country. ;)

Not taking the piss like, but I would have thought the Aussies would have been better informed as to whether some Japs have/haven't been detonating nuclear bombs in their own country. ;)

162198[/snapback]

But thats it, anything is possible with our government i mean i bet the receptionist stuffed up the fax from the Japs saying we are dropping a nuclear bomb on ayres rock...

162198[/snapback]

Better informed, but not better informed than Rob.