Pilot lands his F111 without the undercarriage

Lazarus

I would like to think that any self-respecting country would not allow nuclear testing in it's own back yard, whether it was the jap terrorists, the yanks, russians, poms, french.

Maybe we recieved kickbacks. Maybe even from the japs. Conspiracy!

Disclaimer for the CIA, AFP or whatever: I know nothing...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not taking the piss like, but I would have thought the Aussies would have been better informed as to whether some Japs have/haven't been detonating nuclear bombs in their own country. ;)

162198[/snapback]

Its all bollocks of course - there was no bomb whatever some of the loons on here think (and I use the word very loosly here)

I would like to think that any self-respecting country would not allow nuclear testing in it's own back yard, whether it was the jap terrorists, the yanks, russians, poms, french.

Maybe we recieved kickbacks. Maybe even from the japs. Conspiracy!

Disclaimer for the CIA, AFP or whatever: I know nothing...

162202[/snapback]

Supposing it did happen, I don't think the Government approved it ;)

Not taking the piss like, but I would have thought the Aussies would have been better informed as to whether some Japs have/haven't been detonating nuclear bombs in their own country. ;)

162198[/snapback]

Its all bollocks of course - there was no bomb whatever some of the loons on here think (and I use the word very loosly here)

162203[/snapback]

If you actually read what people have wrote you would realise that no one actually said it definitely happened, rather that it was considered a possibility.

Its not though is it - all the evidence is that it never happened - no-one has produced anything at all to show it did

So for "possibility" read "no"

Its not though is it - all the evidence is that it never happened - no-one has produced anything at all to show it did

So for "possibility" read "no"

162212[/snapback]

Ok Rob, if evidence now suggests it never happened, it must have been investigated on the grounds that it was considered a possibility. Part of the reason for this was that the Japanese cult in question had purchased land in the area. I can prove it was looked into if you want but I'm sure you found that out via google anyway.

The one thing that stops me from firmly believing it as fact is, why would they waste a nuclear bomb on the outback? It would be like blowing it on Adelaide.

162219[/snapback]

Perth ;)

Either. They're both nuclear wastelands anyway.

(Actually Perth is quite nice, just a little too secluded. But that adds to it's charm. It's still a backwater to my snobby east coast eyes.)

(Actually Perth is quite nice, just a little too secluded. But that adds to it's charm. It's still a backwater to my snobby east coast eyes.)

162221[/snapback]

Adelaide is canny nice too I thought. Perhaps it's the liberal South Australian marijuana laws that clouded my judgement though.

"...rather that it was considered a no"? That makes no sense, man!

162214[/snapback]

Eh?

162218[/snapback]

Aah

162223[/snapback]

Light dawns on baldy head. ;)

162224[/snapback]

;)

Sorry Alex. I'm superbly bored today.

"...rather that it was considered a no"? That makes no sense, man!

162214[/snapback]

Eh?

162218[/snapback]

Aah

162223[/snapback]

Light dawns on baldy head. ;)

162224[/snapback]

Reflected off tbh

162221[/snapback]

Adelaide is canny nice too I thought. Perhaps it's the liberal South Australian marijuana laws that clouded my judgement though.

162222[/snapback]

or the wine...............

I like Adelaide - Sydney and Melbourne are miles of suburbs and Perth is too far from anywhere

162221[/snapback]

162222[/snapback]

or the wine...............

I like Adelaide - Sydney and Melbourne are miles of suburbs and Perth is too far from anywhere

162228[/snapback]

Are we mates again then Bob? Another fucking pointless argument floats into the ether eh? ;) I agree re: the vino like. Barossa Valley Shiraz is probably my favourite type of wine. I preferred Melbourne to Sydney when I was there, the weather can be a bit iffy though, too much like here.

162221[/snapback]

162222[/snapback]

It's nice in the quaint, country bumpkin backwater shithole way, yes.

I've had some fantastic experiences travelling their for the football. Like being offered cocaine in McDonalds, and being egged after the football, and no taxis picking my group up after the football, and my car being scratched with a key. Great times.

162221[/snapback]

162222[/snapback]

It's nice in the quaint, country bumpkin backwater shithole way, yes.

I've had some fantastic experiences travelling their for the football. Like being offered cocaine in McDonalds, and being egged after the football, and no taxis picking my group up after the football, and my car being scratched with a key. Great times.

162231[/snapback]

That's how I viewed the whole country tbh ;)

;)

"I've had some fantastic experiences travelling their for the football. Like being offered cocaine in McDonalds, and being egged after the football, and no taxis picking my group up after the football, and my car being scratched with a key. Great times."

We talking the Oz version here right?

I would just point out that the Crows are top of the ladder right now...........

"It's nice in the quaint, country bumpkin backwater shithole way, yes."

TBH I didn't get the impresion that Sydney or Melbourne were much different - a lot of money snobs in both places but there's little difference in what people seem to do

Adelaide is hotter mind - and has sharks................