Chargers

Renton

How many chargers do you have currently "in active service"? A few years ago, most people would have had one, if that. Now I count I've got 13 in my household - pretty soon every socket could have one, which is getting a bit ridiculous. Plus about 6 disused ones.

Two mobile phones

Two bluetooth headsets (hardly ever used)

Two digital cameras

Two mp3 players

One wireless mouse (ffs)

One Nintendo DS

One cordless drill

One electric toothbrush

One electric shaver

Has anyone invented a universal charger for phones and the like? If not, I'm going to invent one.

Phone and electric razor. Seeing my phone is a super cool, top-of-the-range nokia it has a different (smaller) head, so I can no longer use other people's nokia chargers.

Being as cool as me comes at a price, unfortunately.

How many chargers do you have currently "in active service"? A few years ago, most people would have had one, if that. Now I count I've got 13 in my household - pretty soon every socket could have one, which is getting a bit ridiculous. Plus about 6 disused ones.

Two mobile phones

Two bluetooth headsets (hardly ever used)

Two digital cameras

Two mp3 players

One wireless mouse (ffs)

One Nintendo DS

One cordless drill

One electric toothbrush

One electric shaver

Has anyone invented a universal charger for phones and the like? If not, I'm going to invent one.

161524[/snapback]

Rob knocked up a working prototype when he was on a coffee break from curing smallpox.

161524[/snapback]

Rob knocked up a working prototype when he was on a coffee break from curing smallpox.

161535[/snapback]

Then Paula Radcliffe came along and stamped on it. Bitch.

You can get a universal charger that comes with a range of plugs with it. Most manufacturers produce different sockets to each other so it's difficult to cover them all. I've got one for my car that works for my mp3 and nokia phones but not my sony.

Phone and electric razor. Seeing my phone is a super cool, top-of-the-range nokia it has a different (smaller) head, so I can no longer use other people's nokia chargers.

Being as cool as me comes at a price, unfortunately.

161533[/snapback]

you can get an adaptar, all though I was sure the some of the new ones come with one, did you check the box? ;)

I'd wager they're all going to start using USB ports to be honest, so get a USB Hub for your pc.

161660[/snapback]

I got a purchase req through the other for a USB desk fan! I wouldn't care but it cost twice as much and the stupid git has spare power sockets on his desk!

To produce a universal adapter for every make of phone, camera, mp3 player, portable games etc. you will end up with 769 attachments. Not to mention most of them will be copyrighted and wont let you use them.

The company's would have to agree on a universal voltage too, too many different system voltages for there to be on universal charger, but I think it could be done, maybe with a system similar to USB.

Guest Toplass-101

Ive only got 2, my Moby charger and a battery recharger, unless you class the plug on ya laptop as a charger, then ive 3.

Ive only got 2, my Moby charger and a battery recharger, unless you class the plug on ya laptop as a charger, then ive 3.

161811[/snapback]

I haven't got any, unless you count the thing I plug in my phone and shaver as chargers.

Of course it counts! ;)

161811[/snapback]

I haven't got any, unless you count the thing I plug in my phone and shaver as chargers.

Of course it counts! ;)

161814[/snapback]

Not if she does not have her battery in, then its not charging anything. ;)

161811[/snapback]

Of course it counts! ;)

161814[/snapback]

161819[/snapback]

True. But who says my battery is in my phone? :lol:

161811[/snapback]

Of course it counts! ;)

161814[/snapback]

161819[/snapback]

True. But who says my battery is in my phone? :lol:

161826[/snapback]

No one, but if you dont your not charing anything just running of the mains. There for just a mains adaptar. :lol:

I charge my phone and my camera and my iPod through my laptop or desktop.

Does that make my computers fancy dan mains adaptors, or chargers then?

I charge my phone and my camera and my iPod through my laptop or desktop.

Does that make my computers fancy dan mains adaptors, or chargers then?

161898[/snapback]

Depends if they are fully charged or not. ;)

I forgot about my laptop. So that's 14.

Also, how come my desktop needs 7 plugs? You'd think they'd figured out a way of combining them by now.

161948[/snapback]

monitor, base unit, ... printer? Scanner? Speakers....

what else have you plugged into the mains Renton?