Why?

JawD

Just a couple of things that are bouncing around my head today making me ask why?

Why when you are driving and indicate into a gap, does the person behind put their foot flat down to try and close the gap? ;)

Why do supermarket checkout workers think that when we answer "No thank you" to the question "Do you want a hand with your packing", what we really mean is "scan the items as quick as you can so everything piles up and you can give me that look that says 'you should have taken the hand'. ;)

Why do supermarket checkout workers think that when we answer "No thank you" to the question "Do you want a hand with your packing", what we really mean is "scan the items as quick as you can so everything piles up and you can give me that look that says 'you should have taken the hand'.  ;)

Noticed that yesterday when doing my shopping actually. Bastards.

Why when you are driving and indicate into a gap, does the person behind put their foot flat down to try and close the gap?  ;)

161656[/snapback]

This one depends, I usually let people into a gap, but you get a canny few people taking the piss, pushing in, and then thinking they have a right to push in front. I say, fuck em. ;)

Just a couple of things that are bouncing around my head today making me ask why?

Why when you are driving and indicate into a gap, does the person behind put their foot flat down to try and close the gap?  ;)

Why do supermarket checkout workers think that when we answer "No thank you" to the question "Do you want a hand with your packing", what we really mean is "scan the items as quick as you can so everything piles up and you can give me that look that says 'you should have taken the hand'.  ;)

161656[/snapback]

First one, I've start to move towards the gap anyway and let the fuckers hit me if they want (think the fact that it's a company car helps with this mind...)

Second one, I have been know to take as much time as possible to neatly re-pile the goods in the correct order prior to me even loading into bags when that one happens. I did once hear a rumour that cetain supermarkets assess their staff on the amount of food they can push through the scanner in a shift and pay accordingly.....

Dunno if that's bollocks though

161656[/snapback]

There's a lad works on the checkout at the Tesco at North Shields who only has one arm. I always try and pay for my stuff at his till cos his scanning speed is on a par with my packing ability. Every supermarket should have one tbh.

Second one, I have been know to take as much time as possible to neatly re-pile the goods in the correct order prior to me even loading into bags when that one happens. I did once hear a rumour that cetain supermarkets assess their staff on the amount of food they can push through the scanner in a shift and pay accordingly.....

161669[/snapback]

rainman.gif

tbh ;)

So does he ask people if they want a hand?

No pun intended like ;)

But I sometimes loose my rag when under pressure to keep up, and the cereal box wont go in the crappy bag the way I want it to. Imagine what it must be like for him!

What exactly is the correct order like, Craig?  I just sling them in any old bag until they reach the point where the carrier might break from the weight, then start on a new one. ;)

161684[/snapback]

Heavy things at the bottom, light things at the top....

Only do it like that if they're hoying them down the conveyor though. Usually I fill the bags as quickly as I can and then get the hell out of there ;)

The other thing is if you let the lassy (or lad) dae it, for some reason they like to get rid of as many bags as they can. So its like, one bag for two bottles of milk, one for a few tins. Whereas I, try to push the bounderies of plakkabag strength.

I'm so trained in the ways of the po-faced Jorman recycling culture that I actually take fabric shopping bags with me to Tesco. You don't half get some strange looks. ;)

Why do supermarket checkout workers think that when we answer "No thank you" to the question "Do you want a hand with your packing", what we really mean is "scan the items as quick as you can so everything piles up and you can give me that look that says 'you should have taken the hand'.   ;)

161656[/snapback]

There's a lad works on the checkout at the Tesco at North Shields who only has one arm. I always try and pay for my stuff at his till cos his scanning speed is on a par with my packing ability. Every supermarket should have one tbh.

161678[/snapback]

Was he the drummer in Def Leppard?

So does he ask people if they want a hand?

No pun intended like  ;)

161685[/snapback]

He does actually ask if you want a hand with your packing. When you say no he gives a knowing smile as if to say "thank Christ for that!" ;)

Why do supermarket checkout workers think that when we answer "No thank you" to the question "Do you want a hand with your packing", what we really mean is "scan the items as quick as you can so everything piles up and you can give me that look that says 'you should have taken the hand'.   ;)

161656[/snapback]

161678[/snapback]

161692[/snapback]

Richard Kimble tbh.

Incidentally I never use any checkout with a lad on the til. Theyre fucking hopeless. Slow as owt. Even if the queue at the lasses til next door is twice as long I'll join that. Especially if she's a looker.

161656[/snapback]

161678[/snapback]

161692[/snapback]

Richard Kimble tbh.

Incidentally I never use any checkout with a lad on the til. Theyre fucking hopeless. Slow as owt. Even if the queue at the lasses til next door is twice as long I'll join that. Especially if she's a looker.

161701[/snapback]

I seeme to recall Richard Kimble had two arms.

Frederick Sykes however...... ;)

161656[/snapback]

161678[/snapback]

Oh, daaarling, we shop at the same place..we must lunch.

161656[/snapback]

161678[/snapback]

161692[/snapback]

Richard Kimble tbh.

161701[/snapback]

I seeme to recall Richard Kimble had two arms.

Frederick Sykes however...... ;)

161707[/snapback]

That's hardly a huge boast is it?

Why when you are driving and indicate into a gap, does the person behind put their foot flat down to try and close the gap?   ;)

161656[/snapback]

This one depends, I usually let people into a gap, but you get a canny few people taking the piss, pushing in, and then thinking they have a right to push in front. I say, fuck em. ;)

161668[/snapback]

Agreed. JawD, are you one of these people who drive in the wrong lane becuse there's no traffic in that one, then cut in at the last minute? Because that really boils my piss tbh, and forces me to drive bumper to bumper with the car in front to stop people taking liberties!

Why when you are driving and indicate into a gap, does the person behind put their foot flat down to try and close the gap?   ;)

161656[/snapback]

161668[/snapback]

Agreed. JawD, are you one of these people who drive in the wrong lane becuse there's no traffic in that one, then cut in at the last minute? Because that really boils my piss tbh, and forces me to drive bumper to bumper with the car in front to stop people taking liberties!

161718[/snapback]

Testify brother! No-one likes a smart arse, especially one who thinks it's clever to push in. Get in the fucking queue and wait like the rest of us.

Why in the US do they use handleless brown paper bags for groceries rather than good old placky ones?

161747[/snapback]

Kenan and Kel style ;)

Why in the US do they use handleless brown paper bags for groceries rather than good old placky ones?

161747[/snapback]

That was one of the things that made me feel like I'd arrived in America - going to my local "convenience store" (run by an immigrant of course) and leaving with brown paper bags of shopping. ;)

161747[/snapback]

That was one of the things that made me feel like I'd arrived in America - going to my local "convenience store" (run by an immigrant of course) and leaving with brown paper bags of shopping. ;)

161786[/snapback]

Before being relieved of them by the friendly neighborhood hoodlums.