More Italian Clubs Implicated

geordieshandy

Sporting Life

TWO MORE CLUBS INVOLVED IN SCANDAL

Click here for more news from Italy

Two more clubs are set to be sucked into the Italian match-fixing scandal, according to a report.

Italian newspaper Il Giornale has claimed that the head of the Calciopoli investigation will receive 300 pages of previously unseen documents, involving telephone transcripts which will incriminate at least two other clubs.

The newspaper has so far refused to name the two clubs, but has promised to reveal all the details in the coming days.

Juventus, Fiorentina, Lazio and AC Milan were found guilty of match-fixing last week, but all four clubs are appealing against the decision.

It is feared that more revelations could cause a delay to the start of the Italian league season.

Meanwhile, Inter Milan will be officially awarded last season's Scudetto within the next ten days, it is claimed.

With Juventus relegated, and AC Milan deducted 44 points from last season's total, the Nerazzuri top the revised Serie A table.

Initially it was thought that the title would be declared void, however, Inter are so confident they will be confirmed as champions that the Coppa Italia logo on their new replica shirts has been moved to the sleeve to allow space for the Scudetto to be recognised.

Edited by geordieshandy

Can't believe Inter are actually gonna print that they're champions on their shirts.  Good way of rubbing it in though, I suppose. ;)

161740[/snapback]

That's like when the Mackems got promoted when Swindon got kicked out I s'pose...

Inter would take anything.

Would be humouress if they were implicated too. Who would win the title? Roma?

Even if Italian football is boring on the pitch, it will always be interesting off it.

How would you guys feel if it happened in this country and we were the club to pick up the title??

Just would feel false to me.

How would you guys feel if it happened in this country and we were the club to pick up the title??

Just would feel false to me.

161761[/snapback]

I agree it would not taste complete, but if teams above us were not following the rules then we would deserve it.