Real Madrid have announced the signing of Italy Wo

khay

Real Madrid have announced the signing of Italy World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson from Juventus.

The pair, who have signed a two-year deal with a further one-year option, will link up with their former Juve boss Fabio Capello at the Bernebeu.

Spanish radio said the deal was worth a combined 20 million Euros (£13.7m)

Juventus were relegated from Serie A last week after the match-fixing scandal which rocked Italian football.

They will start the 2006/07 campaign in Serie B with a 30-point deficit.

Real are looking to rebuild after three years without a trophy and the pair are the first arrivals at Madrid since new president Ramon Calderon came to power earlier this month.

A statement on the club's website said: "Real Madrid can confirm it has reached an agreement with Juventus over the signing of Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson.

"The players are currently on holiday and will be presented at the Bernabeu after signing their respective contracts."

La Liga is going be mental this year.

162035[/snapback]

and rumous of Thuram going to Barca. I hope that transfer will happen too. El Classico will be tremendous. Shame the new Real kits are so shite ;)

162035[/snapback]

and rumous of Thuram going to Barca. I hope that transfer will happen too. El Classico will be tremendous. Shame the new Real kits are so shite ;)

162043[/snapback]

Aye the new Barca one is so basic.

PRD_MAXZOOM_146980-425.jpg

162035[/snapback]

162043[/snapback]

They look like the ones from the mid 90's!

I know the retro kits are in fashion but maybe from a bit further back than 10 years....

Seeing as we're talking kits, quite impressed that Barcelona have the whole 5 year deal with Unicef logo on their shirt thing going on. And they're donating a share of their profits to the UN Millenium Development Goals.

Edited by GafferTape

Seeing as we're talking kits, quite impressed that Barcelona have the whole 5 year deal with Unicef thing going on. And they're donating a share of their profits to the UN Millenium Development Goals.

162048[/snapback]

they're such a fucking 'good' club it makes me sick. so smooth and smarmy it's unbelievable.

and the whole 'mes que un club' talk. you may well have been during the franco years but get over it now. how can you still align yourselves heavily as catalanists and exploit the fuck out of east asia america etc...

Edited by mrkikiet

Seeing as we're talking kits, quite impressed that Barcelona have the whole 5 year deal with Unicef thing going on. And they're donating a share of their profits to the UN Millenium Development Goals.

162048[/snapback]

they're such a fucking 'good' club it makes me sick. so smooth and smarmy it's unbelievable.

and the whole 'mes que un club' talk. you may well have been during the franco years but get over it now. how can you still align yourselves heavily as catalanists and exploit the fuck out of east asia america etc...

162051[/snapback]

You're joking aren't you? Despite the aims in the past to make NUFC the 'Barcelona of the North' sadly we are and always have been a millions miles from their ethos.

nope i'm not joking.

the whole fcbarcelona thing annoys the fuck out of me.

they're like demi-gods. can't do anything wrong. well from having siad they won't have a shirt sponsor they now have one. they reckon they're like some healing hand, bringing unity to the world through the beautiful way they play football and their mentality on and of the pitch. The supporters are even worse.

Who's their shirt sponsor next year? Quite surprised they've gone down that route, I always admired their stance in that regard.

Who's their shirt sponsor next year? Quite surprised they've gone down that route, I always admired their stance in that regard.

162058[/snapback]

unicef..... not an electronics giant as such.

but they have been in serious negotiations with betandwin.com and others of their ilk as well as the bejing olympics.

if barca are so great for not having a shirt sponsor why don't more people get excited about athletic bilbao?

162058[/snapback]

but they have been in serious negotiations with betandwin.com and others of their ilk as well as the bejing olympics.

if barca are so great for not having a shirt sponsor why don't more people get excited about athletic bilbao?

162059[/snapback]

Its the red and white striped shirt tbh

162058[/snapback]

162059[/snapback]

Founded by a bunch of Mackems may be a reason.

162058[/snapback]

162059[/snapback]

Unicef? ;) What the fuck's wrong with that?

yeah, i do need a girlfriend, insightful coment, good one.

where did i say that the idea of world harmony was shit? I didn't. don't put words into my mouth.

i said what annoys me is the merchandising behemoth that is FCBarcelona's holier than thou attitude.

162058[/snapback]

The whole ' we are too special to spoil our shirts with a sponsor' thing is bullshit. Do people miss that nike swoosh that they get paid millions a year to have on their shirts?