West Ham Player Drugs Ban

Kid Dynamite

Shaun Newton has been given a 7month ban for testing positive for cocaine. However, in all their wisdom the FA let him start it at the start of the 3months summer break so in reality its a 4 month ban ;)

Wolves striker Chris Cornes also tested positive and was given a 6 month ban!? While rio missed a test and was given an 8 month ban!?!?

The FA needs to sort its act out and bring some sort of consistent punishment into drugs testing. How one man can get a 6 month ban and 10 days later another can get a 7 month ban for exactly the same offence is ridiculous IMO!

Shaun Newton has been given a 7month ban for testing positive for cocaine. However, in all their wisdom the FA let him start it at the start of the 3months summer break so in reality its a 4 month ban  ;)

Wolves striker Chris Cornes also tested positive and was given a 6 month ban!? While rio missed a test and was given an 8 month ban!?!?

The FA needs to sort its act out and bring some sort of consistent punishment into drugs testing. How one man can get a 6 month ban and 10 days later another can get a 7 month ban for exactly the same offence is ridiculous IMO!

161870[/snapback]

Rio missed a test, not found guilty.

Maybe Chros Cornes get less for being younger or playing down a division? ;)

''How one man can get a 6 month ban and 10 days later another can get a 7 month ban for exactly the same offence''

i wasnt referring to rio

161877[/snapback]

Maybe the coke was cut different? ;)

''How one man can get a 6 month ban and 10 days later another can get a 7 month ban for exactly the same offence''

i wasnt referring to rio

161877[/snapback]

Sorry, I Realised just as I went to bed. ;)

It does seem a bit odd that Ferdinand got a longer ban despite not actually testing positive for anything. With it being the first incident of its kind perhaps the FA wanted to send out a message.

Also if bans for missing tests were shorter than those for testing positive players who knew they could test postive would skip the test and avoid any negative publicity.

i wasnt referring to rio

161877[/snapback]

Didn't think you were seen as Rio got a 8 month ban tbh.

Rio missed a test, not found guilty

i wasnt referring to rio

161877[/snapback]

Didn't think you were seen as Rio got a 8 month ban tbh.

162019[/snapback]

Tbh. read the whole thread.