Non competitive sports days

Smooth Operator

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I became a teacher, I'd also only want to teach sixth formers. More pay than most uni lecturers, and the students are generally more motivated and disciplined than secondary school kids. Result!

162729[/snapback]

My point exactly. All of the benefits but non of the challenges.

If I became a teacher, I'd also only want to teach sixth formers. More pay than most uni lecturers, and the students are generally more motivated and disciplined than secondary school kids. Result!

162729[/snapback]

162735[/snapback]

Nice work if you can get it though. If you were earning less for wanting an easier life, then fair enough, that'd be a mite lazy.

"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." Mong :lol:

162691[/snapback]

And those that can't teach invariably get jobs within local government

162740[/snapback]

6 months too late, nice try though ;)

"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." Mong :lol:

162691[/snapback]

And those that can't teach invariably get jobs within local government

162740[/snapback]

6 months too late, nice try though ;)

162747[/snapback]

Actually it was a quote from me father, who used to say that about agric students who went from college to going bust to lecturing to working for the ministry of agriculture.

I'd want to teach abroad. This country? No chance!

162731[/snapback]

What would you teach her, like? :lol:

162762[/snapback]

Why I oughta...

162729[/snapback]

162735[/snapback]

Nice work if you can get it though. If you were earning less for wanting an easier life, then fair enough, that'd be a mite lazy.

162738[/snapback]

True, it's a pretty nice job to have. I didn't know that sixth form teachers got more than secondary school teachers, can't say I agree with that.

• 3 weeks later...
Cross-country runs classed as 'child abuse'

A booklet being handed out to schools claims cross-country runs are a type of child abuse.

The guide also says the sport breaches pupils' human rights reports The Sun.

It says pupils "have the right to be protected from emotional or physical abuse" - and lists cross-country running and bullying as examples.

Professor Margaret Talbot, of PE teachers' group the Association for Physical Education, said: "It is indefensible to equate cross-country with child abuse."

Campaign for Real Education chief Nick Seaton added: "Most people will be horrified that cross-country can be seen as a breach of human rights.

"It's extremely good exercise and good for youngsters to be keeping fit and building strength and endurance."

The Key Stage Four booklet was produced by private firm Coordination Group Publications, which makes kids' study guides. Around 30,000 have been sold to schools for £5.50 each.

The national curriculum does not say schools have to offer cross-country but does order "athletic activities" that "build stamina".

CGP said the booklet was to raise classroom debate and the cross-country reference should be seen as "light-hearted".

A Department for Education spokesman said it was not official guidance, adding: "We encourage PE, including cross-country, in schools."

Country of tubby puffs, tbh.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1943815.html?menu=

It's a load of crap.

If I am brutally honest, I still have a certificate for my victory in the year 3 Bean-Bag-On-Head race. However, I still got fucking stick cos all the other larl uns said it was just cos my head was massive, and if I look back it was true with my head being physically disproportionate (in quite a scary way) to the size of my body as a 5 year old.