Damien Duff

Akabusi

Well, I can honestly say, that I was very doubtful about this transfer at first, just because I was unsure if it made sense. But now knowing about the transfer sum and the kind of player we are getting for the price makes me really comfortable. I am normally very sceptical about when players say how glad they are about their new club etc. etc., but listening to Duff it really sounds honest and I can see why he got rated so much by Ranieri and Mourinho as a person.

164248[/snapback]

I feel exactly the same. Funny the difference a day makes. We have got ourselves a great pro, great player at a great price. Can't wait to see him in action...

... :lol:

164255[/snapback]

The new season looks a whole lot brighter now. I think knowing that we're actually active in the transfer market made a big difference. Before Duff signed I didn't hold out any hope of us getting anyone but signing a player like him at a price like that makes me feel much happier.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great signing when you consider the price and quality of the player. I'm also happy to be safe in the knowledge that Roeder is actually researching players before he adds them to the "list", although Duff probably didn't take much research...

Great signing when you consider the price and quality of the player. I'm also happy to be safe in the knowledge that Roeder is actually researching players before he adds them to the "list", although Duff probably didn't take much research...

164265[/snapback]

Be fair, FM2006 takes fkn ages to load on his PC.

164265[/snapback]

Be fair, FM2006 takes fkn ages to load on his PC.

164268[/snapback]

He looks as though he's more of a CM type tbh.

Further to my paranoid ramblings, I've just remembered that Zoggy's preffered position is a more central role, maybe Roeder plans on using him there (when Emre inevitably breaks down).

164498[/snapback]

Wey, look how we lined up on Saturday, we had two properly left-sided players on the pitch and Milner was playing on the left wing.

I reckon he'll play Shola/new signing as a target man, Duff and Solano as attacking wide men, and Zog, Emre, and Parker as 3 man central midfield. Not sure if it'll work, but that's what he seemed to be playing in the Intertoto, with Milner doing the Duff job.

I used to play 2-1-4-1-2 on CM. I used to score 5 goals per game on average, and against crap teams in the UEFA sometimes got into double figures. Literally only two defenders on the pitch and I would win the league. Class. :lol:

I used to play 2-1-4-1-2 on CM.  I used to score 5 goals per game on average, and against crap teams in the UEFA sometimes got into double figures.  Literally only two defenders on the pitch and I would win the league.  Class. :lol:

164523[/snapback]

I think this is the way forward, it'll confuse everybody.

I used to play 2-1-4-1-2 on CM.  I used to score 5 goals per game on average, and against crap teams in the UEFA sometimes got into double figures.  Literally only two defenders on the pitch and I would win the league.  Class. :lol:

164523[/snapback]

I think this is the way forward, it'll confuse everybody.

164540[/snapback]

Seriously though, it could work. Every now and again I'd get tonked and the problem with the formation is that you can't make it any more attacking. If you start to lose you're knackered - it's not like you can take one of your two defenders off or anything. I do think that your Mourinhos, Wengers, Fergusons and Sounesses have been missing a trick with this for years though.