Damien Duff

Akabusi

Plays there regularly for EIRE apparently, and effectively by all accounts ;)

162559[/snapback]

It's not an acronym, nerdling. ;)

162562[/snapback]

Gay-lick isn't it? (Ali G - sorry couldn't resist).

Speaking of acronyms, HTT is loving this Duff speculation. Perfect opportunity for an indepth strengths/weaknesses analysis.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kidding yourselves tbh. 1 goal every 10 games does not a striker make. And unless we buy another striker who can score 50 goals a season this is not the solution we need.

162560[/snapback]

You have no idea where or how Roeder plans to play him, assuming we sign him. Until you do, zip it.

162559[/snapback]

162562[/snapback]

Speaking of acronyms, HTT is loving this Duff speculation. Perfect opportunity for an indepth strengths/weaknesses analysis.

162574[/snapback]

Nor is HTT and acronym :lol: That is an abreviation

Holy Shit!!!

If this one is right and he does sign today, and we all slagged off Kris!!

162575[/snapback]

Not all of us. I for one, knew FACTICIOUSLY that Kris was well and truly in the know. ;)

Plays there regularly for EIRE apparently, and effectively by all accounts :lol:

162559[/snapback]

162562[/snapback]

162574[/snapback]

Nor is HTT and acronym :lol: That is an abreviation

162577[/snapback]

Ok then, speaking of non-acronyms ;)

Plays there regularly for EIRE apparently, and effectively by all accounts :razz:

162559[/snapback]

It's not an acronym, nerdling. :lol:

162562[/snapback]

162574[/snapback]

Nor is HTT and acronym :icon_lol: That is an abreviation

162577[/snapback]

Ok then, speaking of non-acronyms :razz:

;);):lol:

162579[/snapback]

Nor is HTT and acronym  ;) That is an abreviation

162577[/snapback]

Of HTTowayheoon?

Did you forget to connect your brain up this morning, or are you always like this?

Plays there regularly for EIRE apparently, and effectively by all accounts :lol:

162559[/snapback]

162562[/snapback]

162574[/snapback]

I like the posts where he goes: What we need is a player who......

and then just lists a series of nice footballing phrases that he's heard pundits come out with. ;) And I know he'll be looking on here, so no, I'm not two-faced because I tell you you talk shit on there too. :lol:

Holy Shit!!!

If this one is right and he does sign today, and we all slagged off Kris!!

162575[/snapback]

still not confirmed though so it remains just a rumour, wouldnt be too upset about it though, as long as a striker follows soon

I'm not convinced this is the best use of our limited money if it does come off but I do like Duff as a player.

I hope if it does come off, we get it done today. Whatever we think of the rights and wrongs of the deal, I think it would come as a timely boost to the players ahead of tomorrows game!

Kidding yourselves tbh. 1 goal every 10 games does not a striker make. And unless we buy another striker who can score 50 goals a season this is not the solution we need.

162560[/snapback]

You have no idea where or how Roeder plans to play him, assuming we sign him. Until you do, zip it.

162576[/snapback]

No, because 2 or 3 people suddnenly got erections at the thought of him playing the bellamy role, that apparently he plays so well for ireland. Stop deluding yourselves, hes a decent left winger. However we already have a very good left winger and he didnt cost 10mil and his wages arent ridiculous. In fact there are 4 or 5 other positions we need players for first.

Oh and we still dont have a striker on the books who can get into double figures. Duff isnt going to change that. wherever roeder plans to play him.

162560[/snapback]

162576[/snapback]

No, because 2 or 3 people suddnenly got erections at the thought of him playing the bellamy role, that apparently he plays so well for ireland. Stop deluding yourselves, hes a decent left winger. However we already have a very good left winger and he didnt cost 10mil and his wages arent ridiculous. In fact there are 4 or 5 other positions we need players for first.

Oh and we still dont have a striker on the books who can get into double figures. Duff isnt going to change that. wherever roeder plans to play him.

162601[/snapback]

Have we signed Duff in place of a striker like? Like I said, keep it ZIPPED!

162601[/snapback]

I've seen him play well, consistently, down the left, right, and off the main striker for club and for country, he's obviously not a striker and I don't think anyone's said he is. Does that make me deluded, or are we all taking a ride in J69's fantasy fun bus again?

Nor is HTT and acronym  ;) That is an abreviation

162577[/snapback]

Of HTTowayheoon?

Did you forget to connect your brain up this morning, or are you always like this?

162582[/snapback]

Eh?

My brain is in gear.

Are you being stupid on purpose. I didnt say we had. Im responding to the comments of people who said 'IF WE DID BUY HIM HE COULD PLAY THE BELLAMY ROLE'

zippy longstocking

162608[/snapback]

He could play the Bellamy role. He could also play on the left or right wing. Now are you disobeying me on purpose?

Could we not play Duff up front in the Bellamy (fast annoying bloke) role and keep Zog on the left wing?  Bellamy wasn't prolific in front of goal, but his running and pace created opportunities for others, and he chipped in with goals as well.  Or am I doing a reverse Souness?

162449[/snapback]

Nah, good point. I think Duff could play there (pretty sure he's played that role a few times for Rep. of Ireland).

162450[/snapback]

162559[/snapback]

3 people seem to think so. Or did you happen to miss all that.

Eh?

My brain is in gear.

162611[/snapback]

I just think a pedant should avoid making mistakes, like spelling abbreviation wrong. And would you mind explaining why shortening three words to their initial letters isn't an acronym?

162615[/snapback]

So, would you say that it was Bellamy's goal scoring that made him so crucial to us?

No witty comeback boys? or have you realised that you did in fact say that we could play duff up front.

What the fuckity fuck is the point of paying £10mil for a left winger with a poor scoring record to play up front. surely it would make more sense to pay £10mil for an actual striker!?

Plays there regularly for EIRE apparently, and effectively by all accounts :razz:

162559[/snapback]

It's not an acronym, nerdling. :lol:

162562[/snapback]

162574[/snapback]

I like the posts where he goes: What we need is a player who......

and then just lists a series of nice footballing phrases that he's heard pundits come out with. ;) And I know he'll be looking on here, so no, I'm not two-faced because I tell you you talk shit on there too. :lol:

162583[/snapback]

;) GREAT post Gem!

Eh?

My brain is in gear.

162611[/snapback]

I just think a pedant should avoid making mistakes, like spelling abbreviation wrong. And would you mind explaining why shortening three words to their initial letters isn't an acronym?

162619[/snapback]

You're correcting me on my English yet you start a sentance with 'And'. You also dont know the differnece between an acronym and abbreviation?

Here goes dear boy

Acronym

An acronym is a word made up from the initial letters of a group of words. Example. REME - Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers

Abbreviation

An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word using letters from a group of words Example HTT Howay The Toon, HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy

Hope this Helps ;)

Edited by wykikitoon

162615[/snapback]

So, would you say that it was Bellamy's goal scoring that made him so crucial to us?

162622[/snapback]

I never thought he was crucial to us. People have short memories. He had a decent season when we finished 3rd but apart from that his goal scoring was average at best (27 in 87 in the league), his temprement on the pitch was horrendous, and he couldnt stay out of trouble of the pitch either!

He was a fast runner yes, stick dyer up front if thats what makes such a crucial player!?

The couple of seasons we finished in champions league places we had robert in the form of his life swinging in crosses for shearer,as was nobby. Yes bellamy chipped in well but he played better football in his one year at blackburn than he ever did here. As did Milner and Nobby at Villa.

But that is all irrelevant because it still doesnt change the fact that we are spending 10mil on a winger when we only have 1 recognised striker. And that is Shola 'im fucking gash' Ameobi