Damien Duff

Akabusi

The most interesting thing on that Spurs board.

ewa1.gif

From "animatedboobs.com", quite an accurate description of the posters in that thread, on both sides.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hear that sap of a Yid fan on Talksport about 7.45ish?? Claiming that Spurs were a bigger club than us because they had a bigger core fan base - even Jason Cundy was cracking up at that one! :lol:

Also claimed we were clueless because one NUFC fan site (was it N-O?) ran a poll last summer saying Bramble was a better player than King.

Get over yourself you bitter, twisted fuck! ;)

I noticed Alan Oliver couldn't resist his sly dig at Robert tonight in the Chronicle when he said something along the lines of the deal will have Newcastle fans excited at having a left-winger to rival Chris Waddle & David Ginola which has been missing. :lol:

I noticed Alan Oliver couldn't resist his sly dig at Robert tonight in the Chronicle when he said something along the lines of the deal will have Newcastle fans excited at having a left-winger to rival Chris Waddle & David Ginola which has been missing. :lol:

163035[/snapback]

yesterday's news tbh ;)

It's amazing how Spurs have one better season than us and they think their better than us. Utter lunacy.

162990[/snapback]

We only finished two places below their best premiership finish, despite us having written of half the season due to Souness. And without Owen for most of it.

Spurs supporting housemate is convinced that they'll break away to form the big five with Chelscum, ManUre etc. :lol:

Mebbe aa'm a daft owld sod but mebbe Duff could emulate 'Wor Jackie', but then mebbe yer aal too young to remember that J.E.T. Milburn was a winger, a right winger, who by happenstance became famous as a centre-forward :lol:

Sky Sports

Newcastle have jumped ahead of Liverpool and Tottenham in the pursuit of Damien Duff, and are now on the verge of signing the Chelsea winger.

The Magpies agreed a fee for Duff on Friday, and the former Blackburn player has also concurred on a contract with the club.

The Republic of Ireland international will now undergo a St James' Park medical this weekend, with the signing poised to be sealed early next week.

Duff was one of the first signings of the Roman Abramovich era at Stamford Bridge, joining the side then managed by Claudio Ranieri in the summer of 2003 for a £17 million fee.

The tricky wideman was a big hit in West London, producing a number of excellent displays for the club, particularly in his first two seasons in SW6.

However, the writing appeared to have been on the wall for the 27-year-old after he failed to hold down a regular starting place in Jose Mourinho's Premiership-winning side last time out.

Tottenham were the first club to test The Blues' resolve to retain Duff, but Newcastle have stolen a march on all suitors, with Duff's projected signing representing a sizeable coup for Glenn Roeder.

hmmmm what happened to everyone telling us we were bankrupt a couple of months ago.

we surely still must have a fair amount of money, they must have enough for at least 1 more striker

NEWCASTLE UNITED are on the verge of ending their search for fresh blood in spectacular fashion with the £10 million acquisition of Damien Duff. The Chelsea winger was having a medical last night after agreeing personal terms believed to be in the region of £70,000-a-week on a four-year contract.

Glenn Roeder, the Newcastle manager, will be relieved that his pursuit of the Ireland international ended in success after late competition from Liverpool, who also matched Chelsea’s asking price for the 27-year-old, who was also a target for Tottenham Hotspur.

With Alan Shearer having retired and Michael Owen out for most of the forthcoming season, Newcastle clearly need a forward and although Duff, a provider of goals rather than a prolific scorer, does not quite fit the bill, his arrival will nevertheless lift the mood among supporters, who had become increasingly concerned at the lack of transfer activity.

“We have exchanged contracts with Chelsea,” a club spokesman said last night. “After agreeing terms, the player is currently undergoing a medical.” Further forays into the transfer market are expected, with a move for Dirk Kuyt, the Feyenoord forward, a possibility.

Roeder had been operating on a tight budget after the spendthrift days of his predecessor, Graeme Souness, who spent more than £50 million on players during his reign.

However, Freddy Shepherd, the chairman, has released the shackles to end a three-year stay at Chelsea for Duff, who won two championship medals at Stamford Bridge, but had become frustrated at a lack of regular first-team football.

Providing there are no problems with the medical, Duff will link up with his new team-mates early next week, after today’s Intertoto Cup tie away to Lillestrom.

Newcastle will be looking to make progress in Europe this time after three successive years of disappointment. A swift exit from the Champions League, the dismissal of Sir Bobby Robson, and an early departure from the Intertoto Cup have led to recent campaigns being undermined before they had barely begun.

Roeder’s side need to score at least once against the Norwegians, who are based on the outskirts of Oslo, to progress to the qualifying stages of the Uefa Cup after last week’s first leg at St James’ Park ended in a 1-1 draw.

Roeder refused to contemplate the consequences of failure against Lillestrom, who looked significantly the sharper team in the opening skirmish, but an inability to offer potential transfer targets the lure of European football is obvious, although it is a risk that Duff was willing to take.

“I only live in the world of being positive,” Roeder said. “This is our second game after six weeks off. It’s not ideal preparation, but it’s hugely important that we progress, as it’s certainly not going to be a disadvantage attracting players if we’re in the Uefa Cup.”

While the contest will have a huge bearing on the direction of Newcastle’s season, it has not caught the imagination of the locals. Lillestrom officials are expecting the 12,000capacity Arasen Stadium to be at best half-full because of the Norwegian holiday season.

Craig Moore, the Australia defender, is likely to replace Steven Taylor after returning from a post-World Cup break. “There’s every chance he’ll be in contention,” Roeder said.

“There’s a big difference in the players’ tempo and quickness of thought since last Saturday. The way they’re looking at me says ‘please pick me’.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2280969,00.html

Sounds like everything is signed subject to him passing a medical. So that would be the only thing that could scupper things at this stage (him failing the medical). Contracts have been exchanged and terms agreed, so I assume that legally things are all tied up and the medical is the only thing to go. They wouldn't have put it on the website if it wasn't legally binding. One hopes.

Awooga.

For all those that doubted i'll accept any sort of apology ie. humble, bitter, through gritted teeth, or maybe a picture of yourselves with a sign saying "Akabusi was right. Awooga!".

This thread reminds me of my 1991 World Championship 4x400m Gold medal, which obviously i have retained. Going into the last leg with no-one believing it could be done and pulling out the big one. Awwwwiiiight.

Awooga.

For all those that doubted i'll accept any sort of apology ie. humble, bitter, through gritted teeth, or maybe a picture of yourselves with a sign saying "Akabusi was right. Awooga!".

This thread reminds me of my 1991 World Championship 4x400m Gold medal, which obviously i have retained. Going into the last leg with no-one believing it could be done and pulling out the big one. Awwwwiiiight.

163092[/snapback]

Never doubted you Kris. You're a complete leg end!

P.S. Do you still sport that fetching 'tache?