Damien Duff

Akabusi

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the interview on .cock Babayaro was pleading to the club to make a move for Duff when he heard he wanted a move away from Chelski.

"But I have signed for five years and I intend staying with the boss and chairman and doing great things."

It's comments like that which I've hoped to see come from the mouth of Michael Owen from time to time - I don't think there's any doubt in Duff's commitment to the club and it's really refreshing to hear that such a top quality player has literally jumped at the chance to join us.

Hell, the people who take great delight in knocking NUFC can't even blame this one on him supporting the club. They must be confused to fuck about his reasons for joining.... :lol:

£5million is a steal.

However, putting my cynical hat on, could this all be a ploy to snap up one of the most promising youngsters we've had for years? Offering us a talented but out of favour and injury prone winger for a snip, in order to unsettle N'Zgobia whose place in the starting line up will now be under threat.

I'm glad that we've got Duff, but I really hope it isn't at the expense of the Zog.

163807[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. My pessimistic streak tells me £5million is too good to be true. Add the fact that Chelsea are hoovering up all the young talent in the country in the moment, plus this 'first option' story and I think the Zogmeister will be away within a year. :lol:

£5million is a steal.

However, putting my cynical hat on, could this all be a ploy to snap up one of the most promising youngsters we've had for years? Offering us a talented but out of favour and injury prone winger for a snip, in order to unsettle N'Zgobia whose place in the starting line up will now be under threat.

I'm glad that we've got Duff, but I really hope it isn't at the expense of the Zog.

163807[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. My pessimistic streak tells me £5million is too good to be true. Add the fact that Chelsea are hoovering up all the young talent in the country in the moment, plus this 'first option' story and I think the Zogmeister will be away within a year. :lol:

164153[/snapback]

It's the fact that Chelsea, not Duff, turned down Tottenham's bid that scares me. Mourinho is not stupid, he knows Tottenham aren't that much better than us, so that can't be the reason.

anyone see Shepherd on SSN

"Chelsea are happy wioth the deal, Newcastle are happy with the Deal, but I think we owe Chelsea a favor, I'd like to persnoally thank..."

he mentioned the board, and Kenyon in particular.

I dunno what it means, but my nose twitched and my asshole puckered when he said that.

Zoggy.... Taylor? or .. I dunno what.

That was Wenger and Jol who squared up to each other.

"It'sh lucky for him I'm an eashy going kind of guy"

164169[/snapback]

Spursh :lol:

164181[/snapback]

Shpursh surely ?

for sure !

:lol:

"Chelsea are happy wioth the deal, Newcastle are happy with the Deal, but I think we owe Chelsea a favor, I'd like to persnoally thank..."

I dunno what it means, but my nose twitched and my asshole puckered when he said that.

164194[/snapback]

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter who we've given them first option on, because we still have to be willing so sell them. If we don't want to sell them then a first option clause is completely useless. I suspect that for the sake of £2m Chelsea thought fuck it, let him go to Newcastle instead of a local club who look to be more on the up than Newcastle at the minute.

164194[/snapback]

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter who we've given them first option on, because we still have to be willing so sell them. If we don't want to sell them then a first option clause is completely useless. I suspect that for the sake of £2m Chelsea thought fuck it, let him go to Newcastle instead of a local club who look to be more on the up than Newcastle at the minute.

164218[/snapback]

And if we are selling, I am happy to sell to Chelsea. They are currently out of reach for Newcastle anyway and you can squeeze ludicrous fees out of them...

164194[/snapback]

I assumed it was for the way they fucked over Spurs and let us in - it smacks of the old "Jack Walker wouldn't sell Shearer to Man U" myth which could well be true.

164194[/snapback]

I assumed it was for the way they fucked over Spurs and let us in - it smacks of the old "Jack Walker wouldn't sell Shearer to Man U" myth which could well be true.

164227[/snapback]

If what Shepherd said on that Shearer BBC documentary is anything to go by then that's definitely true. "Mr. Walker made it very clear that there was one price for us and another for Manchester United."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58x7Apf4ts

Good lad. :lol:

164226[/snapback]

I like it, how he said "we struggled" at the end when referring to Newcastle's last couple of seasons. :lol:

164235[/snapback]

I know it's customary to fawn over our new signings and every word they say, but he seems a genuinely decent bloke who's actually got a bit of something about him - the interview seemed like a proper conversation rather than some idiot spouting cliches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58x7Apf4ts

Good lad. :lol:

164226[/snapback]

I like it, how he said "we struggled" at the end when referring to Newcastle's last couple of seasons. :lol:

164235[/snapback]

I know it's customary to fawn over our new signings and every word they say, but he seems a genuinely decent bloke who's actually got a bit of something about him - the interview seemed like a proper conversation rather than some idiot spouting cliches.

164236[/snapback]

Well, I can honestly say, that I was very doubtful about this transfer at first, just because I was unsure if it made sense. But now knowing about the transfer sum and the kind of player we are getting for the price makes me really comfortable. I am normally very sceptical about when players say how glad they are about their new club etc. etc., but listening to Duff it really sounds honest and I can see why he got rated so much by Ranieri and Mourinho as a person.

Well, I can honestly say, that I was very doubtful about this transfer at first, just because I was unsure if it made sense. But now knowing about the transfer sum and the kind of player we are getting for the price makes me really comfortable. I am normally very sceptical about when players say how glad they are about their new club etc. etc., but listening to Duff it really sounds honest and I can see why he got rated so much by Ranieri and Mourinho as a person.

164248[/snapback]

I feel exactly the same. Funny the difference a day makes. We have got ourselves a great pro, great player at a great price. Can't wait to see him in action...

... :lol: