new shoes

zico martin

i need to get some new shoes for a wedding im going to at the weekend and dont as Im old I have disabled the fashion switch in my brain and need some help.

What shoes are being worn by the in-crowd? I mean in a black/smart/to go with dress pants kind of way?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap plain black shoes are the way forward. I got a pair for like 5 quid from a shop in Eldon Square. Cannit remember the name (may be Shoe World or sumit!), but if you go into eldon through the monument entrance, go up the escalators directly infront, then once you get to the top - the shop is on yer right.

Cheap plain black shoes are the way forward. I got a pair for like 5 quid from a shop in Eldon Square. Cannit remember the name (may be Shoe World or sumit!), but if you go into eldon through the monument entrance, go up the escalators directly infront, then once you get to the top - the shop is on yer right.

162239[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he lives in Swansea. ;)

i need to get some new shoes for a wedding im going to at the weekend and dont as Im old I have disabled the fashion switch in my brain and need some help.

What shoes are being worn by the in-crowd? I mean in a black/smart/to go with dress pants kind of way?

162232[/snapback]

this wont help you at all but we recently went to a wedding and my hubby needed new shoes...the 'smart' ones he had were years old and so old fashioned that i threw them away (much to his disgust) ;)

So off we went shopping to Brantano, (easy to get to and park, involving no walking up a packed shopping centre you see)!! :razz: ... he refused to go look in shops in town, saying he would only wear them for weddings or funerals and so there was no need for fuss plus he resented having to shell out on new ones that would kill his feet and hardly be worn, i suppose he was right really!

Anyway we get in there and hubby stands looking in absolute horror at the 'trendy' shoes on offer!! i could not stop laughing ;) "pointed toes?" he asks!! :lol: There was no way on earth he'd wear half of them, fashionable or not! In the end we found a pair of soft leather lace up shoes, sort of non descript really, but smart enough with black trousers, cost £40, which were prety cheap compared to others....wont see them again untill someone dies, gets married or christened!! :lol:

Plain black ones should do the trick.

162237[/snapback]

loakes? are they like brogues? I could go for a pair of those but are they really cool these days?

162240[/snapback]

Nah, Loakes is the brand. Been making shoes for donkeys years. They do Brogues but I just meant a pair of their plain slip-ons.

162239[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he lives in Swansea. :lol:

162241[/snapback]

;)

Ah well, i tried to help at least! ;)

162232[/snapback]

this wont help you at all but we recently went to a wedding and my hubby needed new shoes...the 'smart' ones he had were years old and so old fashioned that i threw them away (much to his disgust) ;)

So off we went shopping to Brantano, (easy to get to and park, involving no walking up a packed shopping centre you see)!! :razz: ... he refused to go look in shops in town, saying he would only wear them for weddings or funerals and so there was no need for fuss plus he resented having to shell out on new ones that would kill his feet and hardly be worn, i suppose he was right really!

Anyway we get in there and hubby stands looking in absolute horror at the 'trendy' shoes on offer!! i could not stop laughing ;) "pointed toes?" he asks!! :lol: There was no way on earth he'd wear half of them, fashionable or not! In the end we found a pair of soft leather lace up shoes, sort of non descript really, but smart enough with black trousers, cost £40, which were prety cheap compared to others....wont see them again untill someone dies, gets married or christened!! :lol:

162242[/snapback]

yeah but Brantano arent exactly cheap for a pair of shoes I'll hardly wear.

So is the consensus from the rest of the group that soft slip ons are the way forward? i havnt worn a pair of loafers for years! lol dont think they're exactly me like

I know Im gonna have to do a bit of browsing tonight after work but I'm sure I'll end up like toonraider's dad

162239[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he lives in Swansea. :lol:

162241[/snapback]

;)

Ah well, i tried to help at least! ;)

162245[/snapback]

and i appreciate your help -

so wheres the link to aphoto of your shoes so i know what to copy?

no3.jpg

Thats the style. I didnt post my exact ones as they've got pizza remains from when i booted a slice after a night on the drink!

162254[/snapback]

well as that's the first pic thats been posted it automatically has to take the lead in 'the race for zico's new shoes'.

early days though ;)

162232[/snapback]

So off we went shopping to Brantano, (easy to get to and park, involving no walking up a packed shopping centre you see)!! :rolleyes: ... he refused to go look in shops in town, saying he would only wear them for weddings or funerals and so there was no need for fuss plus he resented having to shell out on new ones that would kill his feet and hardly be worn, i suppose he was right really!

Anyway we get in there and hubby stands looking in absolute horror at the 'trendy' shoes on offer!! i could not stop laughing ;) "pointed toes?" he asks!! :lol: There was no way on earth he'd wear half of them, fashionable or not! In the end we found a pair of soft leather lace up shoes, sort of non descript really, but smart enough with black trousers, cost £40, which were prety cheap compared to others....wont see them again untill someone dies, gets married or christened!! :razz:

162242[/snapback]

yeah but Brantano arent exactly cheap for a pair of shoes I'll hardly wear.

So is the consensus from the rest of the group that soft slip ons are the way forward? i havnt worn a pair of loafers for years! lol dont think they're exactly me like

I know Im gonna have to do a bit of browsing tonight after work but I'm sure I'll end up like toonraider's dad

162249[/snapback]

:razz:

well yes, i suppose i do look way younger than hubby come to think of it!!! :icon_lol:

Yeah £40 seemed alot for something he didnt want, but then it saved him having to 'shop' which he refuses to do point blank :rolleyes:

Why does 'slips ons' sound really old fashioned anyway? :lol:

no3.jpg

Thats the style. I didnt post my exact ones as they've got pizza remains from when i booted a slice after a night on the drink!

162254[/snapback]

;)

those are EXACTLY the style of shoe hubby took the piss out of!! Said they looked like his dad used to wear years ago!

Zico, unles you're a young trendy pup, i'd go for something plainish, a soft mule type is more classical and smart.

no3.jpg

162254[/snapback]

;)

those are EXACTLY the style of shoe hubby took the piss out of!! Said they looked like his dad used to wear years ago!

Zico, unles you're a young trendy pup, i'd go for something plainish, a soft mule type is more classical and smart.

162271[/snapback]

god i wish i knew what a soft mule is ;) i'll have to ask an assistant in the shops - think I'll take this email with me :lol:

pointed toes are the fashion, but for a wedding I suppose it's less about current trend, and more about classical style.

shoemarquisblacklarge.jpg

;)

no3.jpg

162254[/snapback]

;)

162271[/snapback]

Yer hubby is one seriously uncool cat, if he thinks my shoes are uncool. :lol:

;)

pointed toes are the fashion, but for a wedding I suppose it's less about current trend, and more about classical style.

shoemarquisblacklarge.jpg

;)

162274[/snapback]

i like those! look a bit like a cross between an oxford and a ermmm zebra. dont look cheap though

no3.jpg

162254[/snapback]

;)

162271[/snapback]

god i wish i knew what a soft mule is ;) i'll have to ask an assistant in the shops - think I'll take this email with me :lol:

162273[/snapback]

i am cooking (burning) the dinner at the moment, but i'll find a pic in abit of what i mean zico!

no3.jpg

162254[/snapback]

;)

162271[/snapback]

They ARE what my Dad wears now! All that crimp-edged leather looks fucking awful to me!